Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Originally Posted by jphripjah

Breakfast only being offered in one restaurant, the least luxurious all day dining restaurant, is a minor disappointment I guess.
It is common in most hotels, that breakfast is held at the biggest venue..and that’s very often the all-day-dining- restaurant.

I don’t understand your problem. Having the choice between 2 restaurants for breakfast as in Rangali is an exemption.

I‘d prefer a free full buffet plus a la carte breakfast without any restrictions for status guests rather than a very limited breakfast option in a separate location, like for example at the WA Berlin...
It wouldn’t be the Maldives, if you couldn’t opt for additional options like beach breakfast or floating breakfast in your pool. (For an extra charge of course...)

Old Jun 4, 2019, 1:31 pm

I'd move my reservation over to the WA if they gave me a discount on the yacht transfer for the lack of greenery! All of those palm trees are tiny and leaves trimmed and it kind of looks hilarious. Will be a beautiful resort once the greenery flushes out.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 1:54 pm

Unrelated Question
If I have Gold status and made an award booking with points. But my wife gets diamond status via a credit card before the stay. Would just the gold benefits apply (Because I made the booking), or would the diamond benefits apply (because my wife is staying with me and has a higher status).
Any replies would be helpful.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by WorldTravl
Unrelated Question
If I have Gold status and made an award booking with points. But my wife gets diamond status via a credit card before the stay. Would just the gold benefits apply (Because I made the booking), or would the diamond benefits apply (because my wife is staying with me and has a higher status).
Gold applies. The benefits of the person who books is what is applied.

TD
Old Jun 4, 2019, 3:10 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Unrelated Question
Or send your points to your wife and let her make the booking.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by alanslegal
It may be too late now, maybe no award availability for his dates.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 3:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Here are the price lists for excursions, water sports, diving, and retail:

https://www.scribd.com/document/4124...sion-Pricelist

What kind of jumps out at me are the very affordable looking excursions like $95 for two hours of sunset fishing, $75 for a two hour dolphin cruise, and $75 for a 3.5 hour Male excursion.

Do you think that the $75 per person Male excursion is for departures from the airport? Surely they can't be offering guests of the resort a tour from the resort to and from Male for $75, given the regular $350++ per way cost of transfer between Male airport and the resort?

Last edited by jphripjah; Jun 4, 2019 at 4:19 pm
Old Jun 4, 2019, 4:20 pm

What kind of jumps out at me are the very affordable looking excursions like $95 for two hours of sunset fishing, $75 for a two hour dolphin cruise, and $75 for a 3.5 hour Male excursion.

Do you think that the $75 per person Male excursion is for departures from the airport? Surely they can't be offering guests of the resorts a transfer to and from Male and tour of Male for $75, given the regular $350++ per way cost of transfer between Male airport and the resort?
Great information! .
Old Jun 4, 2019, 4:26 pm

Do you think that the $75 per person Male excursion is for departures from the airport? Surely they can't be offering guests of the resort a tour from the resort to and from Male for $75, given the regular $350++ per way cost of transfer between Male airport and the resort?
I agree that looks like a day trip to Male is $75 per person. This makes me even more irritated with the airport transfer costs
Old Jun 4, 2019, 4:29 pm

75$ for a dolphin cruise is extremely cheap. maybe they may use bigger boats? Idk cause resorts can easily charge 150$ for an hour. Maybe these prices are just the base prices and the resorts change them. Because most of the pages have like "Revised x/y/2017".

Last edited by WorldTravl; Jun 4, 2019 at 4:53 pm
Old Jun 4, 2019, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by alanslegal
You can transfer the points to her account, but not your free night certs.

TD
Old Jun 4, 2019, 5:19 pm

75$ for a dolphin cruise is extremely cheap. maybe they may use bigger boats? Idk cause resorts can easily charge 150$ for an hour. Maybe these prices are just the base prices and the resorts change them. Because most of the pages have like "Revised x/y/2017".
RATES VALID: 01/12/18- 01/12/19

How certain are we that these are valid/current rates?

TD
Old Jun 4, 2019, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
You can transfer the points to her account, but not your free night certs.

TD
I actually got the room already. 10 nights. RIP 250K AMEX miles
Old Jun 4, 2019, 5:59 pm

Which rooms can accommodate 3 adults?

When I do a mock reservation for 3 adults, the KBV is bookable. But the room description says 2 adults and 2 children, as well as "sleeps 4".
Old Jun 4, 2019, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Which rooms can accommodate 3 adults?

When I do a mock reservation for 3 adults, the KBV is bookable. But the room description says 2 adults and 2 children, as well as "sleeps 4".
I think as long as you get the two queen beds it's ok. Unless your thinking have all 3 sleeping in 1 king bed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.