Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2019, 10:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
You're not expecting Ithaafushi's reef to be in any better condition, are you?
I'm just courius...
Old May 29, 2019, 10:39 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by headforflights
I'm just courius...
My understanding is that the reefs are damaged by the construction process and then recover in the years following. The StR, for example, seems to have a much better reef now than it did when it opened a few years ago.
Old May 29, 2019, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by sydneyflyer12
My understanding is that the reefs are damaged by the construction process and then recover in the years following. The StR, for example, seems to have a much better reef now than it did when it opened a few years ago.
El Nino?
Old May 30, 2019, 7:32 am
Suspended

hope it will better reefs whan in Conrad now, on February i visited second time Conrad after 2 years and notice what is less sealife now where
Old May 30, 2019, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by brodielayne
El Nino?
Huh?

Originally Posted by headforflights
hope it will better reefs whan in Conrad now, on February i visited second time Conrad after 2 years and notice what is less sealife now where
You're kidding, right? A destroyed reef is a destroyed reef. How can you expect a new resort to have a better one than one that was built 20+ years ago??
Old May 30, 2019, 3:44 pm

A^2+b^2= c^2
Old May 30, 2019, 9:13 pm

Just flew over the property today. Looks very nice but I was surprised to see cranes still at the private island part, still working.
Old May 31, 2019, 4:53 am

Also to add to the above post. While in the air above the property I could only barely see the moderately faint outlines of only the biggest building of the male skyline (visibility wasn't the best though). I would guess that from the land you wouldn't be able to see Male itself. Also there were quite a few nice small sand bar areas near the island as well. Pleasantly surprised.
Old May 31, 2019, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by brodielayne
El Nino?

Old May 31, 2019, 8:19 am

OMG. Please redact!!
Old May 31, 2019, 7:51 pm

WA needs to make a new website soon. Even saii and hardrock have websites.
Old May 31, 2019, 11:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by WorldTravl

Reef villas 325-311 looks really nice. Maybe better than the overwater. Due to their central location and easy access to beach.

Wouldn't 321 - 325 be too close to the main development? And when you say easy access to the beach do you mean to the lagoon beach next to the Water Sports designated area? I'm picturing that being like the beach area next to Atoll Market at CMRI. I thought the point of staying in the Maldives was either being overwater or having a private-type beach just outside your villa.
Old May 31, 2019, 11:35 pm

Yea I guess those villa might have problems. But the other ones look perfect. Because your overwater and a few steps from the beach, even if it's public. Its a good location not to far from breakfast and main island. The resorts just so long it would be annoying to be in the over water villas, you would need a buggy to get anywhere (Unless you want to boil into a crisp). .
Old Jun 1, 2019, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by WorldTravl
The resorts just so long it would be annoying to be in the over water villas, you would need a buggy to get anywhere (Unless you want to boil into a crisp). .
I live in Florida, so I boil into a crisp every day
Old Jun 1, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, United Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Gold
The wife and I are heading to WA in November. First time to visit the Maldives for us.
We enjoy quiet and privacy. With that in mind, which beach villas would you recommend?

Also has anyone heard about what water sports/activities? We are hoping for paddle boards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.