Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2019, 4:48 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by escape4
I hope you will leave for other reasons but if it comes to that I will volunteer to drop you some food via helicopter
Good idea, better yet how about a ride in the helicopter back to the airport? Saves us paying for the yacht Happy to hang off a rope if necessary - like they do in the movies
Old Apr 28, 2019, 5:23 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by alanslegal
Good idea, better yet how about a ride in the helicopter back to the airport? Saves us paying for the yacht Happy to hang off a rope if necessary - like they do in the movies
Yes rope is the only choice because I am fully booked for months in the cabin
Old Apr 29, 2019, 4:56 pm

I posted this on the Park Hyatt Maldives thread;

So if anyone is flexible with resorts, here is a pretty good deal

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31047293-post3783.html
Old Apr 30, 2019, 5:21 pm

Should I do Waldorf Astoria Maldives or St Regis Maldives?

WA:
Pros: 480k Hilton + 2 FN Certs = 7 Nights. Cheaper Transportation to Resort. Sometime in April or May. Will be able to take Biz class flight.
Cons: Reef might have not recovered. Unknown pricing about service/food costs.

SR:
Pros: Reserved for 240k before category deval. During December. 5 Nights.
Cons: Need to travel in Economy. Losing Platinum status after this year. So probably last time to get Free Breakfast. Super Expensive for Resort Transport.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 6:53 pm

Anyone may have an idea why April 1 - April 10 2020 is so much more expensive than any other dates,
Example :
Grand Beach Villa : USD 1435 March 28th
Beach Villa : USD 2345 April 7th
Beach Villa : USD 1560 April 16th
Old Apr 30, 2019, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by alaskaforlife

WA:
Pros: 480k Hilton + 2 FN Certs = 7 Nights. Cheaper Transportation to Resort. Sometime in April or May. Will be able to take Biz class flight.

SR:
Cons: Need to travel in Economy. Losing Platinum status after this year. So probably last time to get Free Breakfast. Super Expensive for Resort Transport.
I'm new to points and all but how did you get 240k for 5 nights at SR. I thought the devaluation already happened. Wouldn't it be 340k. Because 4*85k + 1 free night.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 7:15 pm

Have 12 consecutive points award nights booked mar 7-16 in 2 queen bed suite that i won't use.If anyone wants me to cancel and cooridinate so u can take them. Please pm

recent dengue outbreaks aren't worth it for me to risk it w 3 yr old
Old Apr 30, 2019, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by WorldTravl
Anyone may have an idea why April 1 - April 10 2020 is so much more expensive than any other dates,
Example :
Grand Beach Villa : USD 1435 March 28th
Beach Villa : USD 2345 April 7th
Beach Villa : USD 1560 April 16th
Close to easter I'd say
Old May 1, 2019, 12:33 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by WorldTravl
I'm new to points and all but how did you get 240k for 5 nights at SR. I thought the devaluation already happened. Wouldn't it be 340k. Because 4*85k + 1 free night.
Prior to march 5th the standard rate was 60k/nt so 60k*4 (5th night free) = 240k
Old May 1, 2019, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by alaskaforlife

WA:

SR:
fyi the Waldorf Astoria's boat transfer is $740++ round trip versus the St Regis' sea plane of $695++ .... so if the St Regis is "super expensive", then consider the Waldorf Astoria's as "super expensive + $45" per person.
Old May 2, 2019, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
fyi the Waldorf Astoria's boat transfer is $740++ round trip versus the St Regis' sea plane of $695++ .... so if the St Regis is "super expensive", then consider the Waldorf Astoria's as "super expensive + $45" per person.
WA is $700++...taken from my reservation in July....

“A shared transfer on the resort's private yacht is charged at US$350 + taxes and service per person per way. This charge will be added to your total bill.”

Still triple-super expensive if you consider that STR is plane ride VS. a WA boat ride.

TD
Old May 3, 2019, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

WA is $700++...taken from my reservation in July....

“A shared transfer on the resort's private yacht is charged at US$350 + taxes and service per person per way. This charge will be added to your total bill.”

Still triple-super expensive if you consider that STR is plane ride VS. a WA boat ride.

TD
Wow, thats so much more expensive!
Old May 4, 2019, 9:13 am

I recently inquired about an overwater villa upgrade and was suggested a reef villa since it's half the price of the overwater villa upgrade and the whole back deck is over water. I inquired about more pictures since there doesn't seem to be much for the one bedroom reef villa and got this response:

"We are currently in the process of our island/villas photoshoot and we hope to have them published by the end of May 2019."

So hopefully we'll have more/real pictures to work with of the resort by the end of the month. Can't wait!
Old May 4, 2019, 2:37 pm

Hi guys, new to FT, been lurking around for a while to find a way to use some of the points I’ve accumulated.. I have a 6 night reservation here in December. Very excited!

The reef villa does look like its partially overwater and from the map it seems like reef villas have better access to the reef for snorkeling than the OWVs.. I’m tempted to take the reef upgrade over OWV because of this and because they might have a nice contrast between the land and OWV experience. The fact that is cheaper doesn’t hurt either. Haven’t made a final decision on this yet, like others I’m waiting for some more photos and maybe some reviews when they open.

My question is, does anyone know whether upgrades at this hotel are 1. Paid in full at the time they are confirmed and 2. Nonrefundable, like they are at the St Regis? Would be great if I could confirm an upgrade and then pay upon arrival, but I imagine that might be overly optimistic.

(ps I love all the useful info on this site, but if anyone could tell me an iPhone or desktop pc method to read it without constant bugs and page jumping, I’d appreciate it!)
Old May 4, 2019, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by giftcardrecipient
Hi guys, new to FT, been lurking around for a while to find a way to use some of the points I’ve accumulated.. I have a 6 night reservation here in December. Very excited!

The reef villa does look like its partially overwater and from the map it seems like reef villas have better access to the reef for snorkeling than the OWVs.. I’m tempted to take the reef upgrade over OWV because of this and because they might have a nice contrast between the land and OWV experience. The fact that is cheaper doesn’t hurt either. Haven’t made a final decision on this yet, like others I’m waiting for some more photos and maybe some reviews when they open.

My question is, does anyone know whether upgrades at this hotel are 1. Paid in full at the time they are confirmed and 2. Nonrefundable, like they are at the St Regis? Would be great if I could confirm an upgrade and then pay upon arrival, but I imagine that might be overly optimistic.

(ps I love all the useful info on this site, but if anyone could tell me an iPhone or desktop pc method to read it without constant bugs and page jumping, I’d appreciate it!)
They've confirmed an upgrade for me about 3 months ago, still haven't been charged. Probably going to charge you at the end of the stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.