Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2019, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by htran88
I'll be there first week of march!
Would of booked a slightly earlier date but availability started at 11th March recently when I checked. Any idea what might be the late check out policy at Waldorf, looks like our flight not be until the early evening.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 7:42 pm

Who are you guys emailing asking about paid upgrades on award stays?
Old Apr 23, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, Hilton Diamond, MLife Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by marcmsj
Who are you guys emailing asking about paid upgrades on award stays?
I used the contact details from the wiki at the front of this thread - it was passed on and dealt with smoothly.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 5:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by MANtraveller
I used the contact details from the wiki at the front of this thread - it was passed on and dealt with smoothly.
Seems like the upgrade rates have not changed in any instance. We might wait until the week we arrive before we ask them if there are any 'last minute' upgrade rates/deals.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 1:02 pm

Does anyone on here have any experience of the late check out policy for WA? We have booked a week next year but I see 12.00 is standard check-out time but our flight does not leave MLE until 8pm. I was hoping WA would allow you to maybe use the facilities of a spare room after check out.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by Tilly71
Does anyone on here have any experience of the late check out policy for WA? We have booked a week next year but I see 12.00 is standard check-out time but our flight does not leave MLE until 8pm. I was hoping WA would allow you to maybe use the facilities of a spare room after check out.
The resort has not opened yet so no one has any actual experiences
Old Apr 24, 2019, 9:36 pm

Yeah, I thought that was a rather amusing question. Perhaps she means the general policy for WA properties?
Old Apr 25, 2019, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Yeah, I thought that was a rather amusing question. Perhaps she means the general policy for WA properties?
Exactly, i do know the resort hasn't opened yet but was hoping some on here may of stayed in a WA before and might of knew the general answer to my Q.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 4:46 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Exactly, i do know the resort hasn't opened yet but was hoping some on here may of stayed in a WA before and might of knew the general answer to my Q.
There are no standards or practices for late check out at any Hilton brand...each hotel handles it their own way.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 10:33 pm

What is the award availability trends looking like for this property?

I'm hoping to open the Aspire card for myself and s/o in June. Think all availability for 2019 and early 2020 would get taken up by then?
Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:40 pm

Asking this kind of thing here is, in all likelihood, not going get you reliable data. Try emailing the property and see if they will respond.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:12 am

I would assume that this resort will try and accommodate a later a check out if they are able to .... imagine a guest here spending $xx,xxx and then potentially being upset that they weren't allowed another few hours. Anyway 70 more sleeps for us before we arrive at this Waldorf, and when we leave (likely due to depleted funds), I'll let you know they have handled our late check out request - we have a 1930 flight departure.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 7:29 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by alanslegal
and when we leave (likely due to depleted funds)
I hope you will leave for other reasons but if it comes to that I will volunteer to drop you some food via helicopter
Old Apr 27, 2019, 8:20 am

Like the Dharma Initiative did. You lucky devil, you!
Old Apr 27, 2019, 3:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold, Taj Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by Michael19887

There are no standards or practices for late check out at any Hilton brand...each hotel handles it their own way.
As a Gold, I have had late check out requests accepted 90% of the time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.