Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold, Taj Gold, Radisson Gold
Has anybody had any luck with a points booking recently?

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Hey, I just had an idea. Why don't they do a promo with the slogan; 'A slick, half price deal!'. "Prove you're not an oil magnate and get 50% off yacht transfers and gala dinners!"
Has anybody had any luck with a points booking recently?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
"slick" "oil"
I see what you did there.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 12:15 pm

Yeah. It was either that or 'snake" & "oil".....
Old Apr 15, 2019, 7:27 am

I heard that the Waldorf will not use the Conrad lounge and guests will immediately be transferred to to the resort via the speedboat. Speedboat transfer will be private and not shared with other guests.

If they only have 2 yachts and transfers are private I'm not sure what the waiting times will be but somehow I doubt a boat will just be waiting there for us. Could be wrong though.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 2:27 pm

@dcht Did you hear this directly from the resort?

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Apr 17, 2019 at 12:46 pm
Old Apr 15, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by dcht
I heard that the Waldorf will not use the Conrad lounge and guests will immediately be transferred to to the resort via the speedboat. Speedboat transfer will be private and not shared with other guests.

If they only have 2 yachts and transfers are private I'm not sure what the waiting times will be but somehow I doubt a boat will just be waiting there for us. Could be wrong though.
This seems like the kind of policy that will be in effect for 2 weeks before they realize it won't work logistically and have to figure something else out.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:07 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
FWIW room rates are dropping to more 'appropriate' levels

Grand Beach Villas or Reef Villas are now $1,333++ on certain days in July

These rates were double two or three months ago.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:56 pm

Stayed at the Conrad 5 nights a couple of months ago and loved the Maldives. Booked 5 nights at the WA for Feb 2020, looking forwards to seeing the first reviews.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
I'm curious whether the WA is really worth that much more than the rates Conrad is charging for similar dates during the summer. I'm certainly not one of those who can afford cash bookings, so I am more prone to scrutinize the value of what my dollar gets, but I guess I'll have to wait until people who can afford to go to both properties come back with their opinions/reviews.

Wish I was one of them 😁
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
I'm curious whether the WA is really worth that much more than the rates Conrad is charging for similar dates during the summer. I'm certainly not one of those who can afford cash bookings, so I am more prone to scrutinize the value of what my dollar gets, but I guess I'll have to wait until people who can afford to go to both properties come back with their opinions/reviews.

Wish I was one of them 😁
The rooms at the WA are on a whole other level compared to the Conrad, if the pics on the website are an accurate representation. I'm more interested in what the food and beverage pricing is, as the Conrad is already a poor value, at least how much I ended up spending.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:50 pm

I'm over here hoping the free diamond breakfast will be a buffet so I can eat my whole days worth of calories.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold, Taj Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by brodielayne
The rooms at the WA are on a whole other level compared to the Conrad, if the pics on the website are an accurate representation. I'm more interested in what the food and beverage pricing is, as the Conrad is already a poor value, at least how much I ended up spending.
I think the value in the food, is being able to enjoy your meal in your maldives paradise!
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by NightFury1
I'm over here hoping the free diamond breakfast will be a buffet so I can eat my whole days worth of calories.
...and if you're me...end up eating again for lunch anyways
Old Apr 18, 2019, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by htran88
...and if you're me...end up eating again for lunch anyways
and Golds...
Just booked 7 x nights for next Mid March 😃
Old Apr 18, 2019, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Tilly71
and Golds...
Just booked 7 x nights for next Mid March 😃
I'll be there first week of march!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.