Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2019, 12:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mikewhyatt
At this point this property doesn't even want guests without kids there ...
They'd just get in the way of the construction workers...
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:30 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by scwam
Who in here already paid 655k points to have their wife and 1-year-old in the room?
To get around this, we just booked 5 Beach Villas instead We have asked for 4 villas in a row on the sunset side - so we have over 1,000 sqm of private island, watch out if other guests try to walk on our piece of heaven And we have booked 1 villa on the sunrise side in case we wake up early enough and want to go to the other side to look at the sunrise

Marked in red circle, is our request LOL

Old Mar 9, 2019, 6:57 am
Suspended

I just spend 11 days at Conrad Rangali, next trip to Maledives in 2 Years again February 2021 for 10 days, I have alredy enougth points for stay...Just I cannot wait to first reviews in June especialy families our kids will be 8 and 5 years old in 2021....
Old Mar 9, 2019, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by headforflights
I just spend 11 days at Conrad Rangali, next trip to Maledives in 2 Years again February 2021 for 10 days, I have alredy enougth points for stay...Just I cannot wait to first reviews in June especialy families our kids will be 8 and 5 years old in 2021....
You will have plenty of time to wait for june reviews you won’t be able to book for another yet and then wait another year to stay
Old Mar 10, 2019, 3:02 pm

I am booked at the Waldorf from July 7-13, 2019 for my birthday in a Beach Villa. I will decide if I will upgrade to a Reef Villa once they post photos.
I am also going to keep my reservation at Conrad just in case they don't open July 1 (I can cancel in June). I have already booked my flight so, I don't want to
take any chances of the opening being pushed out more.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by Eschalon
I am booked at the Waldorf from July 7-13, 2019 for my birthday in a Beach Villa. I will decide if I will upgrade to a Reef Villa once they post photos.
I am also going to keep my reservation at Conrad just in case they don't open July 1 (I can cancel in June). I have already booked my flight so, I don't want to
take any chances of the opening being pushed out more.
Will be eagerly awaiting your trip report. We arrive a week after you leave. I was also keeping both reservations but canceled the CR and decided to go “all in” on with WA. Hope that was not a mistake.

TD
Old Mar 10, 2019, 10:24 pm

After 7 weeks of extremely intensive research and deal seeking for mid Aug., I've reserved 4 hotels including Waldorf Astoria in case it doesn't live up to the hype. With WA, I'm more worried about baby palms not looking like upright chopsticks without leaves and decent snorkeling vs. the service or quality. Others selected and booked are typically under 5k/1week w/breakfast or HB and one including the seaplane xfer for 3. Choices are Faarufushi, JA Manafuru, & Ananatara Dhigu (least desired since WA is so close to Male anyway). Still looking for a flash deal on Vakkaru & Niyama If any of you have visited these places, please comment on your thoughts.

Last edited by scwam; Mar 10, 2019 at 10:49 pm
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:08 am

Restaurants?

I know nothing is shown about any of the restaurants as of yet. Does anyone have any info on them or have any interest in any of them? I'm definitely going to go try out Terra and am hoping it's not $400pp like Ithaa. The Rock interests me too, and so does Middle Eastern. Contemplating on just eating dinner at their lounge everyday if the prices are low. I got $2000 for food for 5 days, not including breakfast.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 9:06 pm

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by alanslegal
To get around this, we just booked 5 Beach Villas instead We have asked for 4 villas in a row on the sunset side - so we have over 1,000 sqm of private island, watch out if other guests try to walk on our piece of heaven
You could expand on @Traveler Dave's idea and put 2 rotties on guard, one at each end.

Originally Posted by NightFury1
I know nothing is shown about any of the restaurants as of yet. Does anyone have any info on them or have any interest in any of them? I'm definitely going to go try out Terra and am hoping it's not $400pp like Ithaa. The Rock interests me too, and so does Middle Eastern.
Same interests here with the addition of Glow (perhaps meant to be the equivalent of Mandhoo at Rangali). Their website still shows nothing. Disappointing.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 7:44 am

July cash prices have dropped a little bit

How do i post an attachment (screen shot or photo) from a device without having it be ridiculously large like above?

Last edited by Canarsie; Apr 30, 2019 at 12:14 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 1:40 pm

There is BBCode that achieves this: https://www.bbcode.org/examples/?id=10
Try it and see if it works on this fora.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:48 am

Anyone ever tried Atoll Transfer?

Will be 2800++ for four of us to go by resort’s yacht. Atoll transfer will be 580 in total by private speedboat.
Anyone tried Atoll Transfer before? Is it safe?
Thank you Flyertalk
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by alice50734
Will be 2800++ for four of us to go by resort’s yacht. Atoll transfer will be 580 in total by private speedboat.
Thank you Flyertalk
This might change your mind
https://imgur.com/a/GYx15eW

Last edited by sambo150; Apr 1, 2019 at 8:09 am
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by alice50734
Thank you Flyertalk

I might have posted in another thread but I calculated (for one way) that one night at the curio and taking atoll transfer to the Waldorf the next day is cheaper than the waldorfs option for 2... planned on doing that one way and the waldorfs private yacht the other. Unless you recommend differently after your trip

Link to the post/cost of my plan...double of your cost so your option is still the cheapest by far

Last edited by htran88; Apr 1, 2019 at 7:09 am
Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:01 am

Thanks for the pic. Surely a nice yacht. But wonder if it worth 2800++ for 30 mins ride.��
Maybe use that money for paid upgrade to OWV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.