Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Old Feb 15, 2019, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You are extremely knowledgable about this part of the world, I think it's wonderful you are so passionate about these resorts.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:11 pm

Asked for an upgrade quote and whether they would honor their booking confirmation of $370++ RT yacht transfer. I got a response in about 24 hours.

For my dates next year in January 2020.

"Upgrade to King Reef Villa with Pool: US$200+ 23.2% Tax and service charge per night.
Upgrade to King Grand Overwater Villa with Pool: US$400+ 23.2% Tax and service charge per night.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience, the transfer information mentioned in your booking confirmation is a technical error and our team has now rectified the issue. That being said, I am pleased to honor the rate $370+ 23.2% per person for round trip, as mentioned on your confirmation."
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by alanslegal
We are booked 6-11 July so might see you there if our times overlap.

And we might be having the chat below if our transfer costs are not the same
I'm gonna be there then too. I'll bring a bunch of printouts of my transfer confirmation and my bullhorn.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by NightFury1
Asked for an upgrade quote and whether they would honor their booking confirmation of $370++ RT yacht transfer. I got a response in about 24 hours.

For my dates next year in January 2020.

"Upgrade to King Reef Villa with Pool: US$200+ 23.2% Tax and service charge per night.
Upgrade to King Grand Overwater Villa with Pool: US$400+ 23.2% Tax and service charge per night.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience, the transfer information mentioned in your booking confirmation is a technical error and our team has now rectified the issue. That being said, I am pleased to honor the rate $370+ 23.2% per person for round trip, as mentioned on your confirmation."
I received the exact same response when I inquired regarding the yacht transfer rate. All of you worrying about it can rectify the situation with a simple email. The technical error pricing should be closer to what they should actually charge. When I stayed at the Conrad Bora Bora in 2017 the charge was 10,560 xpf per person return. At todays exchange rate that is roughly $100, so taking in account the remoteness of the Maldives, $370++ is still a bit too high. Twice that is BS.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:08 pm

@MaldivesFreak-Very useful info! Much appreciated. Hopefully, the trees they plant are somewhat matured with leaves at opening.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:15 pm

Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:58 pm

Good news, contacted reservation and they honoured the original $370++ return price per person ( I took a screenshot before they changed it).
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:14 am

Aw man so the real rate is $370++ each way. Should have booked when they had the error. I was still holding out to see what if any Diamond benefits they provided.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:58 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
I emailed the resort and they replied confirming they will honour the $370++ round trip; I would have been contemplating cancellation if it was $370++ each way. Anyway $370++ round trip is still high in my opinion so we'll see what kind of "yacht" they provide - there better be canapes and free flow sparkling wine at the minimum - and not just a cold towel and bottled water. In regards to the 70 foot princess references in this thread, is there an actual link that states this is the one the WA will be using - I can't find any reference to its confirmation anywhere.

Also, do we know if there will be a soft opening?

And also, anyone can tell the difference between the Reef Villa vs Overwater Villas?
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
In regards to the 70 foot princess references in this thread, is there an actual link that states this is the one the WA will be using - I can't find any reference to its confirmation anywhere.
This Article mentions the four 70 foot 3 cabin Princess Yachts that the WA have purchased

https://www.travelmarketreport.com/a...n-the-Maldives
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:58 am

Also, do we know if there will be a soft opening? And also, anyone can tell the difference between the Reef Villa vs Overwater Villas?
The day before the online booking went live the website had April 30th as the opening day. A few weeks before that it had the end of May as the opening. So the opening had been moved up. The day it went live, July 1st became the opening day. So my guess, and only a guess, is there will be some sort of soft opening starting in May.

From all I have pieced together it looks like the Reef Villa is on land with the outside decking over water. The Overwater Villa is completely out in the water. The Beach Villa is obviously completly on land. But the rooms, “Standard” and Grand, looked to be almost the same.

TD

PS...the differences between “standard” and grand look to be the added living room in the grand.

Last edited by Canarsie; Apr 30, 2019 at 12:06 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
Nice!! Looks awesome. The only change I would make is to also add a spa tub on the deck. Do you have the standard water villa as well?
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by Michael19887
Nice!! Looks awesome. The only change I would make is to also add a spa tub on the deck. Do you have the standard water villa as well?
I do not. This one and the other, beach villas, I posted last week are all I have so far. But check those out. You will see what I am talking about in terms of differences. Should be similar for the interior of the water villas as well

TD
Old Feb 16, 2019, 11:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by llfoster

Thanks for posting this map of the resort. Does anyone have any initial thoughts about what Beach Villas would have the best/worst location? Looks to me like the 200's and 600's are beach villas and that the 600s would be preferable, right?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by jphripjah
Thanks for posting this map of the resort. Does anyone have any initial thoughts about what Beach Villas would have the best/worst location? Looks to me like the 200's and 600's are beach villas and that the 600s would be preferable, right?
My question would be with the map showing the location of the BV's, would it be a better bet to choose one facing out towards the ocean rather than inwards?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.