Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
From the reservation on the Hilton app...

Is there any way they could exempt Hilton Gold members from the free Continental breakfasts?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 2:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Not even continental
Not even! Fuuuuuuming.
Originally Posted by jphripjah
I'm not worried about being "shafted" with the yacht transfer because I have a screenshot of the confirmation saying it's 370++ per person return and that's less than the seaplane. I imagine that's official, but if they try to charge me more I just point to that screenshot and refuse to pay it. If they charge my card I dispute it. I'm not concerned.

I'm just wondering how staying in a beach villa on points here will be "better" than an overwater villa at Conrad Maldives. What will justify it being 2X the cash rate and 125% the points rate of CMRI? Except that it's "new"? Is the setting more beautiful? Will the food be better without being way more expensive? I doubt that. And if it's offering less breakfast, no afternoon tea, no happy hour, will I be going out of pocket for 2-3 meals a day instead of one at CMRI?

I have switched my July CMRI reservation to here mainly because my girlfriend is a bit bored with CMRI (we went in 2015 and 2018) and wants to try something new.
All good points I agree with. Having never been to either, I’m guessing an overwater villa at CMRI is not a bad way to spend 5 nights of Honeymoon? If I have no baseline then there’s nothing that can be ‘better’ than that I suppose.

Kind of rhetorical... But i could have an extra night or 2
at Conrad for same points/money. Im talking myself out of WA here. Must wait to hear from actual experiences come July!!

Last edited by Canarsie; Apr 30, 2019 at 11:59 am Reason: Consolidation.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:30 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
I think speculating on benefits and getting wound up is a bit daft at this point.

I've got a confirmation that says the transfer cost is return. So I'll be paying that and if they charge more they can fight Amex once I'm home.

Ultimately, as a new resort they need reviews to bring in the cash customers. So for 12 months I'd imagine they'll do all they can to make things very comfortable for status guests on points. After that, I fully expect redemption space here to be rare as rocking horse sh**.

Time will tell. Chill.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:58 am

Given what their details/disclaimer says on their own website, I don't understand how (unless you aren't booking directly) they can get away exempting members benefits at some properties mentioned previously. They even state the brands that room upgrades are not permitted.
Complimentary Breakfast at all hotels
"Daily complimentary breakfast is available either as a Member Benefit (at Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, LXR Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio Collection by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton and Tapestry Collection by Hilton properties) or as a brand amenity, excluding Hilton Grand Vacations.

When selected as a MyWay Benefit by a Gold or Diamond Member, daily complimentary continental breakfast is provided for the Member and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each day of Member's stay. Breakfast is only served in the hotel's designated restaurant or Executive Lounge. At the discretion of the hotel or where breakfast is a brand amenity, the hotel may provide full breakfast or in-room service."
Also "complimentary breakfast at all hotels" on a chart: https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/explore/benefits/index.html

Last edited by scwam; Feb 13, 2019 at 4:26 am
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:35 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PPE with Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Count me in the camp of people who have a confirmation from hilton with the $370++ return transfer per person; but when I emailed resort received the $350++ per person per way. I also intend to hold them to the actual Hilton confirmation as best as possible, however my guess is that if a mistake has been made is is less likely to be the reservations guy on site who has been responding to all emails past few months.

The really funny thing is if you go back in this thread there is a copy of an email stating $300 per person person way, so in the past few months prior to opening they have had a price increase of $50 / person / way. They are definitely trying to jack up prices as much as possible, but please note that Rangali does the same as well...I love it there but the $500/person New Years gala with no alcohol is kind of a joke, glad I get to avoid that
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
Originally Posted by james0499
On the breakfast point... Waldorf Astoria Rome Cavalieri don’t give breakfast to Diamond Members (just discounted), nor did the Waldorf Astoria NY when I went. So I wouldn’t take it as a given...

I’ll book for November then change to Conrad if they try shaft us with the diamond privileges and yacht transfer. Look forward to hearing reviews from July!
I think the policy was changed last year so now you should get breakfast
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Probably worth reminding that unless corporate amend the exception (which is currently only for Waldorf Astoria Jeddah – Qasr Al Sharq) you won't earn any base points beyond a $10k spend.

A huge de-incentive for big spenders. Best swapping it every few days with a travelling companion.

Max is still 100k at Waldorf, Hilton, DoubleTree etc.

"Members may not accrue more than 100,000 Base Points during one stay, regardless of the amount of eligible folio charges, except for Canopy™ by Hilton, Curio - A Collection by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton™, Tru by Hilton™, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton, and Waldorf Astoria Jeddah – Qasr Al Sharq hotels for which there is no cap."
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
Max is still 100k at Waldorf, Hilton, DoubleTree etc.

"Members may not accrue more than 100,000 Base Points during one stay, regardless of the amount of eligible folio charges, except for Canopy™ by Hilton, Curio - A Collection by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton™, Tru by Hilton™, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton, and Waldorf Astoria Jeddah – Qasr Al Sharq hotels for which there is no cap."
No cap at Curio.....awesome. Let's head off to SAii Lagoon and spend 30K there. Who's with me?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
No cap at Curio.....awesome. Let's head off to SAii Lagoon and spend 30K there. Who's with me?
Has anyone here actually been?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by NightFury1
Has anyone here actually been?
No, it’s not open until 1 August apparently.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by pineapple_09

No, it’s not open until 1 August apparently.
Wow I feel like I've been seeing it available for points for so many months now...
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by jphripjah
I'm not worried about being "shafted" with the yacht transfer because I have a screenshot of the confirmation saying it's 370++ per person return and that's less than the seaplane. I imagine that's official, but if they try to charge me more I just point to that screenshot and refuse to pay it. If they charge my card I dispute it. I'm not concerned.

I'm just wondering how staying in a beach villa on points here will be "better" than an overwater villa at Conrad Maldives. What will justify it being 2X the cash rate and 125% the points rate of CMRI? Except that it's "new"? Is the setting more beautiful? Will the food be better without being way more expensive? I doubt that. And if it's offering less breakfast, no afternoon tea, no happy hour, will I be going out of pocket for 2-3 meals a day instead of one at CMRI?

I have switched my July CMRI reservation to here mainly because my girlfriend is a bit bored with CMRI (we went in 2015 and 2018) and wants to try something new.
Cmon guys. Please don't ruin it for the rest of us who want to be valued guests. Ive been a loyal repeater to the Conrad Maldives and others for a decade now. I know the Maldives inside out.

The yacht transfer is exactly that... a stunning multi million dollar yacht from what I can tell. Jeez... if you are .....ing so hard about this you should definitely stay at home. The Maldives is very special, very expensive part of the world.

If you start threatening and being super cheap...they will shut down the opportunity we have. I gladly pay the seaplane every time X3 people because it is an event, and the logistics are super expensive there.

Please please guys don't be cheap.... or if you're looking to save money...Hawaii is much closer and cheaper. Or try Ohio maybe?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:54 pm

This rates is shown due to a technical error on our website updating. However, the text should read as “A shared transfer on the resort's private yacht is charged at US$370 + taxes and serviceper person per way"

We are currently working with our technical services team to rectify this issue. I would like to highlight that our confirmation letters, does not indicate the transfer rates.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by Stivelio
This rates is shown due to a technical error on our website updating. However, the text should read as “A shared transfer on the resort's private yacht is charged at US$370 + taxes and serviceper person per way"

We are currently working with our technical services team to rectify this issue. I would like to highlight that our confirmation letters, does not indicate the transfer rates.
1) That's not a technical error, that's just someone putting wrong information up.

2) There's still a typo in that sentence you typed out.

3) The confirmation letter does indicate transfer rates of $370++.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by NightFury1
1) That's not a technical error, that's just someone putting wrong information up.

2) There's still a typo in that sentence you typed out.

3) The confirmation letter does indicate transfer rates of $370++.
​​​​​​I just copy/pasted the response that I got from the manager. I get the feeling that it will be losing battle trying to fight this language and should probably just plan for it being each way not to be disappointed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.