Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:40 pm

Kids

Has anyone worked a way around the problem with adding 1 child in the booking it shoots it from 120k a night to 700k a night I’ve rung them and they aren’t sure and told me whatever the website does is correct, Should I just book two adults for the 120k a night and try and add the child later?

thanks
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:49 pm

Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by sambo150
Has anyone worked a way around the problem with adding 1 child in the booking it shoots it from 120k a night to 700k a night I’ve rung them and they aren’t sure and told me whatever the website does is correct, Should I just book two adults for the 120k a night and try and add the child later?

thanks
Like I said above. Add the child at the final booking page under "additional guest." That is also a workaround for those properties that have variable points and try to charge you more points for (unbelievably) the second guest.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by scwam
Like I said above. Add the child at the final booking page under "additional guest."
I tried that will only let me add the 2nd adults name
no additional guests I’m using the app so I’ll try on my desktop when I get home?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:11 pm

I think it isn't on the app IIRC.
EDIT: I take that back .It shows on my app.

Last edited by scwam; Feb 12, 2019 at 9:26 pm
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:45 pm

I think it isn't on the app IIRC.
EDIT: I take that back .It shows on my app.
where abouts mine doesn’t under additional guests it will only allow me to add the 2nd adults name
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:41 pm

Pics too damn big on computer.

Last edited by scwam; Feb 12, 2019 at 11:00 pm Reason: Deleted oversized pics. Couldn't reduce
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:41 pm

Wouldn't it be great if we got people power to work here. Half of us threaten to cancel our reservations unless they bring down the price of the transfer to a reasonable level. I don't mind paying high prices but, like @Stivelio says, this 1hr yacht ride for almost 2k just crosses the line! They're probably peed they don't have enough beach space to hold a gala and can't take all the lambs to the slaughter on NYE so are making up for it with this nigh on 2k/couple.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:30 pm

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
It should be the same here. Any items from the menu are considered custom ordered and charged separately from the free buffet. Basically, if you ask for a menu, those items will be charged per item. The idea is that it is supposed to be more fresh than buffet or if someone just wants 2 eggs at $14 pre-tax.
How do you already know, that there will be a buffet breakfast?
There a some hotels in the Maldives, that don’t have any buffet at all, only a la carte, for example the Taj Hotels.
Or a very limited buffet with bread , pastries, muesli ,fruits, cold cuts and cheese plus a Menu that you can order from, like the Park Hyatt Hadahaa.
So if WA offers the same, they could limit your breakfast to only continental very easily...
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:38 pm

From the reservation on the Hilton app...

Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
They're not exempt from the Hilton Diamond upgrade policy like Conrad Maldives Rangali Island?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:58 pm

Worldwide, IIRC, Gold members or higher get free breakfast. I even believe I read somewhere on one of their websites that this particular property included breakfast regardless of status (but probably mistaken since they seem to have a breakfast package - yet the same price as w/o breakfast....... 🤔 ).
Hilton Maldives properties have special powers, i.e; the power not to grant you a confirmed upgrade based on availability. The power to go over the 95K point cap is another example. They could easily deny full breakfast (like we see in the screenshot above). If this is true then they may only be doing this for points bookings. Note that Rangali's online rates have been the same as the W=A's mentioned here, i.e; same rate for breakfast included as another identical rate that doesn't specify breakfast as included - but all cash rates there include breakfast.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:15 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
On the breakfast point... Waldorf Astoria Rome Cavalieri don’t give breakfast to Diamond Members (just discounted), nor did the Waldorf Astoria NY when I went. So I wouldn’t take it as a given...

I’ll book for November then change to Conrad if they try shaft us with the diamond privileges and yacht transfer. Look forward to hearing reviews from July!
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by jphripjah
They're not exempt from the Hilton Diamond upgrade policy like Conrad Maldives Rangali Island?
I suppose we, again, may have to wait for this to be confirmed as the property hasn't decided on these yet.

Originally Posted by jphripjah
Sure, but the buffet (non-menu) items at some places like Vilu at CMRI are really limited. A few slices of ham and toast and yoghurt if I recall.
Limited but not that limited. There are various cold cuts and cheeses and there is an assortment of fresh fruit, bircher muesli. muffins, danish pastries etc as well.

Originally Posted by james0499
On the breakfast point... Waldorf Astoria Rome Cavalieri don’t give breakfast to Diamond Members (just discounted), nor did the Waldorf Astoria NY when I went. So I wouldn’t take it as a given...
Not even continental?!

Originally Posted by james0499
I’ll book for November then change to Conrad if they try shaft us with the diamond privileges and yacht transfer. Look forward to hearing reviews from July!
I'm thinking the same thing. Now doubting whether to add 5 nights onto our trip before the 30 nights at Rangali. I wouldn't go so far as to say a fool and his money are easily parted.....maybe a man with principles and his money are not easily parted. I actually give a hoot about the money I spend because I have to earn it.

Last edited by Canarsie; Apr 30, 2019 at 11:58 am Reason: Consolidation.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:46 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I'm not worried about being "shafted" with the yacht transfer because I have a screenshot of the confirmation saying it's 370++ per person return and that's less than the seaplane. I imagine that's official, but if they try to charge me more I just point to that screenshot and refuse to pay it. If they charge my card I dispute it. I'm not concerned.

I'm just wondering how staying in a beach villa on points here will be "better" than an overwater villa at Conrad Maldives. What will justify it being 2X the cash rate and 125% the points rate of CMRI? Except that it's "new"? Is the setting more beautiful? Will the food be better without being way more expensive? I doubt that. And if it's offering less breakfast, no afternoon tea, no happy hour, will I be going out of pocket for 2-3 meals a day instead of one at CMRI?

I have switched my July CMRI reservation to here mainly because my girlfriend is a bit bored with CMRI (we went in 2015 and 2018) and wants to try something new.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.