Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by james0499
I contacted the hotel to confirm the yacht price and received this reply... (key point in bold!)

Dear James,
Greetings from Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi, an escape for unforgettable experiences.
Thank you for your interest shown in staying with us and indeed it will be a pleasure to have you on our beautiful island.
We are in the process of finalizing our property specific Diamond member benefits and I will be happy to share as soon as our team finalizes them.
With regards to our transfer, it is a Luxury Yacht transfer which is charged at US$350+23.2% Tax and service charge per person per way.
We thank you for your patience during this preopening stage and do let me know if you require any further assistance.
Kind regards

This conflicts to what confirmations are saying. Seems ridiculously excessive....
Well I will be holding them to what is stated on my confirmation and that is $370++ Return which to an English speaking Brit is Round Trip and could not in any way be misread as one way ! If its wrong on the confirmation its their fault simple as !
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by crombiestone
Well I will be holding them to what is stated on my confirmation and that is $370++ Return which to an English speaking Brit is Round Trip and could not in any way be misread as one way ! If its wrong on the confirmation its their fault simple as !
Thats terrible, one confirmation conflicts with another. I'm thinking its Definetly PP each way now so expensive but that's what this resort is in the first place.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Tilly71
Thats terrible, one confirmation conflicts with another. I'm thinking its Definetly PP each way now so expensive but that's what this resort is in the first place.
Why would you think a E Mail response from an employee takes precedent over a confirmation E Mail which to me has conditions of contract in it ? I'm more inclined to believe the confirmation which is now being sent out to many customers . I'm sure it will be clarified soon but for those of us with confirmations of $370++ return , this is what we should pay .
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:33 pm

Agreed. They may mean for it to say each way. But it does not. I don't happen to need round-trip, but assume 99% of people do. Why would you quote as one way?

Here is the Conrad website info: "Return transfer from Malé: $526 per adult, $263 per child under 12 Prices subject to 12% T-GST". Correct me if I am wrong, but $526 is round trip is it not?

I have printed my reservation, just in case. I presume they will update this in the near future.

TD
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by james0499
I contacted the hotel to confirm the yacht price and received this reply... (key point in bold!)

Dear James,
Greetings from Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi, an escape for unforgettable experiences.
Thank you for your interest shown in staying with us and indeed it will be a pleasure to have you on our beautiful island.
We are in the process of finalizing our property specific Diamond member benefits and I will be happy to share as soon as our team finalizes them.
With regards to our transfer, it is a Luxury Yacht transfer which is charged at US$350+23.2% Tax and service charge per person per way.
We thank you for your patience during this preopening stage and do let me know if you require any further assistance.
Kind regards

This conflicts to what confirmations are saying. Seems ridiculously excessive....
Due to the contradictory statements, the question is which one is the mistake. Is he wrong or is the website supposed to say something else?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
How can they charge more than the seaplane for a shorter boat transfer?

is it not possible to charter your own boat or helicopter?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by NightFury1
Due to the contradictory statements, the question is which one is the mistake. Is he wrong or is the website supposed to say something else?
Its not the website . Its the booking confirmation . I'm not legally savvy but that's a contract isn't it ?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:52 pm

Its not the website . Its the booking confirmation . I'm not legally savvy but that's a contract isn't it ?
Yes.

I can send you an email telling you your trip is free.That will not hold up. But an email directly from the reservation system would.

TD
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:21 pm

Helicopter?! That would be a first, LOL! I think it's disgusting that they are trying to gouge everyone for this. Absolutely ridiculous. If you want to pee half of your guests off even before they've gotten to your property then that's one way to go about it! Shame on you, management!

Well I will be holding them to what is stated on my confirmation and that is $370++ Return
And so you should! ^
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NightFury1
I agree! I’ve emailed again for absolute clarity but to be honest I’m going to book quickly to get the confirmation email before they realise their contradiction. I agree with others on here... the confirmation email is what I will take as true and what I will brandish if they disagree! I will argue the point so much they’ll pay for me to leave via said yacht for free lol
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PPE with Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Yacht transfer cost confirmed $350 + 23.2% per way per person
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by brandonpkt
Yacht transfer cost confirmed $350 + 23.2% per way per person
And now it's even a different number!!! What's going on!!!!
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: QF OWE, HH D, HGP D, Starriott Plat, AA/LM/SQ/VA/QF/AS/BA
Where are you all seeing the transfer prices in this ‘contract’? I received the usual Hilton confirmation email which does not contain any transfer prices. Is it a separate email they send you?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Helicopter?! That would be a first, LOL! I think it's disgusting that they are trying to gouge everyone for this. Absolutely ridiculous. If you want to pee half of your guests off even before they've gotten to your property then that's one way to go about it! Shame on you, management!

And so you should! ^
I am not sure it is gouging but the total costs put an average helicopter charter (for the distance) in play. Unlike sea planes which are harder to charter boats are readily available.

the average Maldives guest would be used to paying this for further flung islands through but the beauty of proximity to MLE is potentially freedom to arrange your own transfer.

I would be happy with the prices quoted though for a totally private transfer with booze.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:40 pm

I received an email from the reservation manager that has the same language - Our yacht transfer is a 30 minute ride from Velana International airport which can be arranges 24/7 according to the guest international flight arrival time. Transfer fee is at US$350+23.2% Tax and service charge per person per way.

Thanks but no thanks. I'm not spending $2K on a f****** 1 hour ride and cancelling my 3 night stay

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.