Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
For native speakers it's pretty obvious but not for ESL'ers.
He was talking about hotels in Japan where he lives.
Are you implying that they our outsourcing their website textual material? If so, that would be really going the stingy route for such a company. Correct also about the second part. I think WA Maldives is not a variable standard room rewards redemptions. It will probably stay at 120k.

I just wanna' know how many bucks I got to put down in this place per night for dinner for two adults and one 6 year old. I hope it isn't more than $325 after taxes. Maybe I'm cheap but I feel that's generous enough.

Last edited by scwam; Feb 12, 2019 at 3:35 am
Old Feb 12, 2019, 4:07 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Lord1B
I see some of you mentioning certificate stays?

Is that a BMG? I've booked 5 nights here on points - can i add an additional night with a BMG certificate?

Blue Man Group?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum Ambassador, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by jphripjah
Their confirmation email says $6 per guest per night. So $12 a night for couples.

This write up on TPG says the taxes and fees on an award stay are significant and I don't understand why the article says this.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/waldor...k-with-points/

bc TPG hires some idiots
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:42 am

There appears to be some conflicting info today over on HFP, is the Yacht transfer costs per person return for $370 as that's what was implied by someone today who has just booked and referring the info off their quote?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Tilly71
There appears to be some conflicting info today over on HFP, is the Yacht transfer costs per person return for $370 as that's what was implied by someone today who has just booked and referring the info off their quote?
That's what my online reservation says
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by scwam
Are you implying that they our outsourcing their website textual material? If so, that would be really going the stingy route for such a company.
Probably not, however they've outsourced all their chat to somewhere else, probably India. Really easy to tell when they've C+P'd generic responses and when they try and answer your questions by themselves. Sometimes the grammar is so bad its pretty difficult to understand. Before it was perfect as they had the Push to Talk where you'd enter your ph number and you'd always get a native American to speak with. And they'd call you anywhere in the world.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Before it was perfect as they had the Push to Talk where you'd enter your ph number and you'd always get a native American to speak with. And they'd call you anywhere in the world.
Could you specify whether you'd prefer to connect with a Cherokee, Navajo, or Sioux agent?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
OK, so if the std award is a two queen beach villa, then I just put 2 adults in the reservation but the kids are damn sure coming with
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Booked three nights at the end of our 5 night Conrad stay. SWV at the Conrad, then Beach Villa here. Should be a nice contrast.

Given I was ready to pay the best part of Ł5k for 3 nights at Gili Lankanfushi and I've got this on points, I can cope with the transfer costs!

Looking forward to reading the reviews as people start staying.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:37 am

So to confirm, two people would cost $740 RT plus maybe some tax all in or is it $1480 + Taxes for the RTN for two people?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:39 am

So to confirm, two people would cost $740 RT plus maybe some tax all in or is it $1480 + Taxes for the RTN for two people?
Really no one knows until someone contacts them to ask clearly if they mean $370 pp round trip or $740 round trip.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Blue Man Group?
Be My Guest Certificate (for Service Recovery). These can be quite easy to get after some major flare up in a property (typically happens for me twice a year). They currently allow redemption at any property except for New Years Eve. Why should the WA be an exception?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:40 am

As someone mentioned before it is round-trip. I can't see how this would be construed otherwise.

Last edited by scwam; Feb 12, 2019 at 9:49 am
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by scwam
As someone mentioned before it is round-trip. I can't see how this would be construed otherwise.
No one has mentioned anything and any talk about it has been nothing more than speculation. I want you to be right as much as everyone does and I personally think that is RT, and no matter how much it makes sense that it is RT, it just simply hasn't been confirmed.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I contacted the hotel to confirm the yacht price and received this reply... (key point in bold!)

Dear James,
Greetings from Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi, an escape for unforgettable experiences.
Thank you for your interest shown in staying with us and indeed it will be a pleasure to have you on our beautiful island.
We are in the process of finalizing our property specific Diamond member benefits and I will be happy to share as soon as our team finalizes them.
With regards to our transfer, it is a Luxury Yacht transfer which is charged at US$350+23.2% Tax and service charge per person per way.
We thank you for your patience during this preopening stage and do let me know if you require any further assistance.
Kind regards

This conflicts to what confirmations are saying. Seems ridiculously excessive....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.