Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2018, 2:02 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Joroy70
Do we know How many pts/night, I scroll through this thread but couldnt find
Unless Hilton introduces a new category above 95k pts per night, I am not sure why we should expect anything other than 95k, no less. Or perhaps they will not make any standard awards available so all rooms will be premium? Are there such hotels anywhere in the world at the moment?
Old Dec 25, 2018, 2:17 pm

Not any in the Hilton portfolio that I know of.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 6:06 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by escape4
Are there such hotels anywhere in the world at the moment?
Sometimes, like now, the Conrad Bora Bora has zero award availability. I think it relates to the resort taking "offline" all Garden Suites inventory because that's the 'base' room they allow for awards redemption. The room above that, the Lagoon View Suite which is a premium award, is really the same Garden Suite but on the first level, rather than ground, in the same building.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by ifcgroup
I received a response to my email on Dec 16th:
"Further to your request, please note that we currently scheduled to open on 18th March 2019, however we are only accept stays starting from 19th April 2019 onwards.
Our website is anticipated to online by mid-January with more information of the resort as well as the option for you to make online reservation for Hilton Honors members.
Please allow me to get in touch with you once the website is online and when our redemption rate is determined."
That's disappointing as they keep moving the date. I booked my flights and was hoping to stay from 13th April to 20th but 19th April wil not work since I will need to stay at the Conrad.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Their website now says it’s not opening until 31/03/2019 so maybe reservations are pushed even further out now.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 12:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by escape4
Unless Hilton introduces a new category above 95k pts per night, I am not sure why we should expect anything other than 95k, no less. Or perhaps they will not make any standard awards available so all rooms will be premium? Are there such hotels anywhere in the world at the moment?
Seems like Conrad Tokyo plays a lot of games now with their standard room availability.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by pineapple_09
Their website now says it’s not opening until 31/03/2019 so maybe reservations are pushed even further out now.
I can understand why they would not want to let people book for “opening day”, since that day keeps slipping, but I would think they will be open by November. Given that people plan this kind of trip a year or more in advance you would think they would have far off dates loaded. Curious if they even know what these rooms will go for yet?
Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:25 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
It looks like they have an underwater villa? See pics here on the developer’s website (the video from it was posted a few posts back):
ASSETS

Also, the pic of Terra looks incredible:
https://waldorfastoria3.hilton.com/e...staurants.html

Old Dec 29, 2018, 5:55 am

I am sorry to be of a disappointment, received a word back this morning that guaranteed bookings are likely to be starting JUNE 2019, and any stays prior June are advised to be planned at the Conrad to avoid dissppointment, therefore, if you are flexible, I suggest to wait and not book flights, I personally am going to postpone the plans probably until Oct-Dec timeframe as April turns now to be irrealistic.🤒🤕😭😭😭
Old Dec 29, 2018, 7:04 am

Oh dear. My April holiday will be at the Conrad then. Teaches me a lesson not to book flights but at that time, opening was stated as February. Anyway, I'm sure we'll have a fab time at the Conrad.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by s879
Oh dear. My April holiday will be at the Conrad then. Teaches me a lesson not to book flights but at that time, opening was stated as February. Anyway, I'm sure we'll have a fab time at the Conrad.
Yes I am sure you will have a good time dude, enjoy at the Conrad and please do share your experience then 👍
Old Dec 29, 2018, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by pineapple_09

Got this two days ago

So perhaps they will begin taking reservations in February for bookings starting in June...but I am going to keep my Conrad bookings In July just to be safe.

I have zero experience staying in a brand new hotel. Anyone have input on the kind of service to expect? This will be our first trip to the Maldives. Been on the bucket list for a long time. Don’t really care to go all that way to stay in a place still working out the kinks. Do you think the delays are meant to make sure they can offer the “full Conrad experience”?

We stayed at the Conrad Bora Bora this Summer and loved it. The previous Summer we were in Bora Bora, and they had just re-opened after a major remodel. So we opted for Thalasso instead. We heard from a few people that they were a little disappointed in the Conrad. Seems it took a few months to get everything going. Glad we chose to wait that time, but would be really interested to stay in a brand new WA.

Last edited by Traveler Dave; Dec 29, 2018 at 10:24 am
Old Dec 29, 2018, 5:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by s879
Conrad Maldives is still (and probably always will be) the best hotel/resort experience of my life.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

Got this two days ago

So perhaps they will begin taking reservations in February for bookings starting in June...but I am going to keep my Conrad bookings In July just to be safe.

I have zero experience staying in a brand new hotel. Anyone have input on the kind of service to expect? This will be our first trip to the Maldives. Been on the bucket list for a long time. Don’t really care to go all that way to stay in a place still working out the kinks. Do you think the delays are meant to make sure they can offer the “full Conrad experience”?

We stayed at the Conrad Bora Bora this Summer and loved it. The previous Summer we were in Bora Bora, and they had just re-opened after a major remodel. So we opted for Thalasso instead. We heard from a few people that they were a little disappointed in the Conrad. Seems it took a few months to get everything going. Glad we chose to wait that time, but would be really interested to stay in a brand new WA.
all hotels always take some time to work out the kinks after launching. employees need to learn the ropes, get used to the environment, etc.
which is why i never think it's a good idea to stay at a spanking brand new hotel until after they sort out their issue (like maybe +6 months later)
Old Dec 30, 2018, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by VG3RMJC2
I am sorry to be of a disappointment, received a word back this morning that guaranteed bookings are likely to be starting JUNE 2019
Originally Posted by gnomey
all hotels always take some time to work out the kinks after launching. employees need to learn the ropes, get used to the environment, etc.
which is why i never think it's a good idea to stay at a spanking brand new hotel until after they sort out their issue (like maybe +6 months later)
In this case bad news is good news. The staff will have more time to get to know the facilities and they will be better trained and better able to cope with inevitable difficulties. Remember that some staff from the Conrad are training them so they have only the best teachers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.