Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2018, 1:20 pm

Thanks for the reply. Look forward to more. ^
Old Jun 12, 2018, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Look forward to more. ^
There are quite a few photos available if you click 'reviews' on Google Maps\Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi.
Those are obviously being posted by construction workers, some happier than others.
As an European, I am not overly impressed by the MDF panels used for the villas' outer walls, and the US-style 'braced vertical planks' used as floor beams, not materials/methods I associate with high-end housing.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Pass - just don't see it. Looks nice, for sure. But you'll still find me at CR.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Looks great much more like the St Regis than the Conrad, where the room design feels well past its sell by date. Why would anyone choose the Conrad as a redemption rather than this? I look forward to trying next year.
I’m sure WA will be amazing...but the Conrad IS amazing. The standard and DBV are remodeled and I agree not huge, but they are nice. We’ve had the same RWV for three summers, and it’s in really great shape. Sure they could be more amazing and I have no other Maldives resort to compare it too, but the staff and the reef and the trees make up for so much. Sure rooms can be amazing, but if the environment and staff are blah, then who cares. There’s something to be said about consistency and genuine hospitality.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 7:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles

its not about the size/ratio at the UWS it is about the Conrad.

The Conrad villas are about half the size of their equivalent at other luxury properties. To me that makes the Contad a total non starter as the rooms are so sub par. This is a shame because I like the resort but couldn't ever see how I could stay there again after the SR. It would be like visiting a youth hostel after a luxury hotel
A youth hostel? Conrad Maldives is without question the best and most luxe property I have ever stayed at in my life. I was fortunate that I had enough points to book the room or else I'd have never been able to afford it. I paid a small upgrade fee for the superior in order to have the private jacuzzi. When I told family and friends that my bungalow had a jacuzzi they flipped out. I know, we are such simple people. I guess I'll keep enjoying my youth hostel experience.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 5:15 am

recruitment open day for the WA is next week, so hopefully that means they are getting much closer to opening the resort...

https://www.job-maldives.com/2018/08...f-astoria.html
Old Sep 19, 2018, 11:28 am

From my research, it will be about a 20 minute boat ride to WAMI. Does anyone have an idea of when the "early 2019" opening will be? It is still not listed on Hilton's website for reservations, however I did notice that the Curio SAii Lagoon is "coming soon."
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by mrstraveler
From my research, it will be about a 20 minute boat ride to WAMI. Does anyone have an idea of when the "early 2019" opening will be? It is still not listed on Hilton's website for reservations, however I did notice that the Curio SAii Lagoon is "coming soon."
I found this today... The article is kind-of-relevant/interesting but the aerial photo is quite good.
Don't know when it was taken but you can see that there is good progress. I guess the apartment block is staff accommodation?

I've got Conrad booked for Easter - will be interesting to see if WA is ready in time to switch. 95k HH points for 'standard' rooms?

http://edition.mv/news/7226
Old Sep 24, 2018, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Subman
I guess the apartment block is staff accommodation?
Yup. But it wouldn't surprise me if they started renting the dorm rooms out for 95K/night, LOL.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:15 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Seems to be taking shape.

Old Oct 4, 2018, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Seems to be taking shape.

Great pics! I wonder if WA will offer outings to those nearby shoals for private beach outings / picnics?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 10:56 am

Thanks for the pics, @G-CIVC.

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
Great pics! I wonder if WA will offer outings to those nearby shoals for private beach outings / picnics?
Fear not. If there's money to be made, they will be doing it.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 1:10 pm

Does anybody have any clues on when booking will open for this resort? I already have 8 days booked at the Conrad Rangali for late March and was wondering if I should move my reservation to the Waldorf. Would anybody trade the Conrad Rangali for the new Waldorf?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 7:08 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by j.cerda
Does anybody have any clues on when booking will open for this resort? I already have 8 days booked at the Conrad Rangali for late March and was wondering if I should move my reservation to the Waldorf. Would anybody trade the Conrad Rangali for the new Waldorf?
That is the million dollar question indeed!! I am waiting for it to open up as well so fingers crossed - if I need to revisit the Conrad, then so bet it as well - life is still good I'd say.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum Ambassador, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Website is up

https://waldorfastoria3.hilton.com/e...NWA/index.html

February 2019 currently; not accepting reservations yet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.