Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 12, 19, 5:15 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Traveler Dave
Wiki Link
Welcome to the Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Wiki!
Notes: All prices are in US Dollars and are exclusive of taxes unless specified (by ++)

EXTRA CHARGES TO BE AWARE OF:
• A compulsory Christmas Eve Gala Dinner supplement of US$488++ per adult and US$150++ per child applies for stays on 24 December 2019
• A compulsory New Year's Eve Dinner supplement of US$800++ per adult and US$150++ per child applies for stays on 31 December 2019

Charge Section
1. Yacht transfer: At a mere 22.8km from Male, Ithaafushi originally started charging $378++ per person return but then (and even before the resort opened) went up to $350++ per person PER WAY. That's practically double the price; $1724.80 all up for 2 passengers and almost as much as a single night's stay in a base villa!
• See the story of the resort not allowing guests' own transfer arrangements and leaving a valued Diamond member out in the cold just ONE DAY before check-in! Or read about it here on the forum
Then read probably the best rebuttal to this ridiculous and hypocritical policy

Note that the resort has backtracked from its previous policy (set way before they opened and which all other resorts have) of allowing third party transfers, since they figured they could fleece guests for even more money by literally forcing every guest to take their yacht for the return transfer, not letting third party boats dock nor give them tender from the lagoon boundary (like what happened to BLTraveler above)

• Then, in true Ithaafushi prices-all-over-the-place style, they changed the price knocking $50 off each way, but only for some guests. And we still don't know who this applies to and who it doesn't apply to

2. Should you be unlucky enough to have to pay for breakfast, watch out for the $35 you'll have to fork out for a single egg!
3. A 106,000 dollar bottle of wine: Click here for a picture of the wine menu. Keep reading the next couple of pages to see reactions
4. $135 shisha! Check out this post
5. $64 for a bowl of noodles. Click here for the menu
6. Nearly a thousand dollars for a couple to sit in a bamboo cage on a pole at the restaurant Terra with nothing to look at after sunset
7. Compulsory Christmas Eve Gala Dinner supplement (see above)
8. Compulsory New Year's Eve Dinner supplement (see above)
...and a few corporate-greed-bashing posts for good measure and entertainment value: Click here and here
9. Ridiculously over-priced dinners - we're talking fifty bucks shy of $1000++ per person here (and some even more expensive than that) - at supposedly private and secluded locations. Click here for the list. Click here and here for comments and opinions
...and another corporate-greed-bashing post here

Cost cutting:
• True Waldorf Service Cost Cutting: Check out
this post
• Yasmeen's Set Menu: Check out the many reductions in offerings between the old and new menus in
this post

Tax Information
• 10% Service Charge (levied by resort. For info on this and how it's distributed, see this post)
• 12% T-GST (Tourist Goods & Services Tax, levied by the Maldivian government, current as of Oct 1, 2014)
• Total tax is 23.2%, not 22% as one would think. Example; $100 + 10% = $110, then add 12% on to $110 for a total of $123.20
• • Tip: To work out prices before the 23.2% taxes, multiply by 0.81169, i.e; 123.2 * 0.81169 = 100
• A Green Tax of $6pp/pn (levied by the Maldivian government) has been introduced starting from 1 November 2015. Points/Redemption bookings are exempt from the tax for up to two guests per room
Note: The $8pp/pn Bed Tax (previously levied by the Maldivian government) was abolished on Dec 1, 2014

Transfers To and From Resort
• How: Waldorf Astoria Ithaafushi is located in South Malι Atoll, 23km southwest of Malι and Velana International Airport [MLE] (also known as Malι International Airport, previously known as Ibrahim Nasir International Airport)
Private yacht transfer: $350++ per person per way ($1724.80 return inclusive of taxes for 2 passengers). If the yacht is not available, a speedboat will be provided by the resort. If this happens, you may be refunded the yacht transfer fee. See this post for more info
• Doing the dirty: Original quoted price was either $370++ or $378++ per person return but they thought that was too cheap and basically doubled it. Also note that the quoted transfer time on their website is 30 minutes but actual travel time is 40-50 minutes under normal sea conditions
• See this post for a detailed review of the yacht transfer (Courtesy of jphripjah)
• More sneaky business? Probably. Departure from Male to the resort was pretty much straight away but now we could wait up to 90 minutes to depart! Check out this post for a hypothesis

Alternative transfers to the WA and alternative destinations / resorts
• See this post for a success story in booking a very reasonably-priced transfer

• Transfer to / from Conrad Maldives Rangali Island: A private seaplane transfer from the Waldorf to the Conrad, taking approximately 25 minutes, is approximately USD 8,125++

Resort Information / F&B / Spa / Activities
• WA Ithaafushi is made up of three islands (95% man-made)
• The resort has 11 restaurants / bars
• There are 2 standalone OWVs (Over Water Villas) and 121 villas in total
• Click here (Hilton's website) or here (dedicated website) to visit the resort on the web
• The kids club (one of the biggest in the Maldives) is for children between 4 to 11 years. Click here for detailed information and here for the schedule. Click here, here and here for basic reviews and comprehensive sets of pictures (All courtesy of Traveler Dave)
• Click here to visit the resort's listing on TripAdvisor
• Tennis courts: See this post
• For a new map of the resort click here
> For the old map of the resort click here * Note that this map is orientated north and so the SUNRISE and SUNSET written on it are incorrect. Also note that you receive a black and white map when you arrive and this is not as good nor as detailed as the one posted here. For comments on the quality of the map, click here
• Snorkelling spots and other info 3e4sd:Link to post: (Courtesy of AirForceFlyer)
• Scuba Diving pics :Link to post: (Courtesy of Traveler Dave)
• Activities Brochure (prices as of July 2019)
• Spa pics and review :Link to post: (Courtesy of Traveler Dave)
• Wellness Programme :Link to post: (Courtesy of AirForceFlyer)

Resort Information - Menus
• Some restaurant menus are available in PDF format on the resort's website. Click here to visit the relevant page on their website
• For pictures of most of the menus: Part 1 and Part 2
• Dining Programme / restaurant opening times: See this post and the post below it
• IVD (In Villa Dining) menus: See this post
• Yasmeen - Menu version discussion here
• The Ledge - See this post. Note that this menu changes daily but there are probably only 2 for each day and 14 in total (7 for lunch and 7 for dinner)

Miscellaneous Information
• Villa pool depth: See this post
• Best snorkelling spots: See this post and this post
• Complimentary water (in villa): See this post
• Walking / getting around the resort: See this post
• Sunset / Sunrise at the resort: See this post and this post
• Power outlet configuration: See this post

Elite member benefits:

Hilton Honors GOLD MEMBERS:

• Full breakfast at Tasting Table
  • In-villa VIP welcome Champagne, sweet and savoury amenities
  • Complimentary daily afternoon delights (see here for pic) with a fine selection of beverages crafted by mixologist and sommelier from 16:00 to 17:00 at Peacock Alley
  • 50% special offer on selected beverages at Nava Beach Club from 22:00 to 23:30
Hilton Honors DIAMOND MEMBERS:

• Full breakfast at Tasting Table
  • In-villa VIP welcome Champagne, sweet and savoury amenities
  • [Diamond only benefit] With a selected 60-minute massage, enjoy a complimentary additional 30-minute at Waldorf Astoria Spa
  • Complimentary daily afternoon delights (see here for pic) with a fine selection of beverages crafted by mixologist and sommelier from 16:00 to 17:00 at Peacock Alley
  • 50% special offer on selected beverages at Nava Beach Club from 22:00 to 23:30

Accommodation:
At opening the resort defined Beach Villas as the lowest category of accommodation (only this category bookable with points). The next highest category was Reef Villas then above that, the Overwater Villas. Note: villas on the Private Island do not count.
This will change in 2020. Quote from the resort "Please be informed that for next year we have changed our villa category. Kindly note that the Reef Villa will be our base category, next will be the Overwater Villa and then the Beach Villa. Basically the Beach Villa will be a higher category compared to reef Villa and Overwater Villa."
See this post for the conversation related to this. Pricing has changed as well to reflect this. See below for 2020 pricing.
Note that as of August 2019 the BV is still available to book on points in 2020. This may change, however.

Prices - Accommodation (2020):

***** March 2020 Figures *****
• Beach Villa USD 2630
• Overwater Villa USD 2430
• Reef Villa USD 1930

Prices - Accommodation (2019):

***** July 2019 Figures *****
• 2 Bedroom Beach Villa with Pool USD 3850
• 2 Bedroom Over Water Villa with Pool USD 4350

***** October 2019 Figures *****
• Beach Villa USD 2100
• Grand Beach Villa USD 2300
• Reef Villa USD 2300
• Grand Reef Villa USD 2500
• Overwater Villa USD 2500
• Grand Overwater Villa USD 2700

***** Upgrade Costs - Jul 2019 *****
• Two Bedroom Beach - US 2000
• Two Bedroom Grand Beach - US 2200
• Two Bedroom Reef - US 2200
• Two Bedroom Overwater - US 2400

***** Upgrade Costs - Oct 2019 *****
• Reef Villa USD 200
• OWV USD 400

Villa Types and Abbreviations used in this thread (listed in order from most basic to most luxurious)

-- BVs (Beach Villas) --

BV (Beach Villa)
GBV (Grand Beach Villa)

-- RVs (Reef Villas) --

RV (Reef Villa, the Garden Villa category shown in the pre-opening promo video)
GRV (Grand Reef Villa, also a type of Garden Villa shown in the pre-opening promo video)

-- OWVs (Over Water Villas) --

OV (Overwater Villa)
GOV (Grand Overwater Villa)
SMR (Stella Maris Residences)

-- Occupancy Information --
See this post for maximum occupancy of each villa type

Villa Selection
• See this post and this post
• Privacy - Beach Villas: For pics, info and opinions, see the following posts; 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Travel & Safety Information
• The Maldives is listed in Category 1 (the highest category) on the
WHO Zika virus classification table. However, don't let that scare you because as of April 13, 2017 there has only been one confirmed case of Zika in the Maldives
• Click here for information related to the single Zika infection in the Maldives (reported in January of that year)

Contact
• General Enquiries: [email protected]
• Reservations Department: [email protected]
• Tel: +960-4000-300

Weather:
Note: since the resort is close to Mahibadhoo (where there is a weather station), I have added this info from the Conrad Maldives thread as both resorts are close by and the weather will be the same as far as forecasts go (MaldivesFreak)
• General info on weather in the Maldives: Link 1 Link 2 (Maldivian government website)
• Recommended Android weather app: eWeather HD. See this post for detailed info on the app, settings, tips and general weather info (Courtesy of MaldivesFreak)
• Want to get an idea about the weather in the month of August? Click here to read a post from a FT member that spends 2 weeks at Rangali during this month (Courtesy of Splotly)

Pictures - Resort under construction:
• January, 2018 :Link to post:
• June, 2018 :Link to post:
• Approx October, 2018 :Link to post:
• January, 2019 :Link to post:

Pictures & Videos - Post-opening:
• General pics of the resort (July, 2019) :Link to post: (Courtesy of jphripjah)
• The Stella Maris exclusive! :Link to post with links to videos: (Courtesy of alanslegal)
• Breakfast buffet at Tasting Table - Post #1 :Link to post: (Courtesy of alanslegal)
• Breakfast buffet at Tasting Table - Post #2 :Link to post: (Courtesy of jphripjah)
• Breakfast buffet at Tasting Table - Post #3 :Link to post: (Courtesy of Traveler Dave)
• Breakfast buffet at Tasting Table - Post #4 :Link to post: (Courtesy of Another Getaway)
• IVD(in villa dining) :Link to post: (Courtesy of Stivelio)
• Terra (views from all 7 'cages') :Link to post: (Courtesy of jphripjah)
• Terra and Family Pool :Link to post with link to video: (Courtesy of alanslegal)
• Reef Villa with sunset view :Link to post: (Courtesy of Stivelio)
• Views in the direction of Male (night & day pics) :Link to post 1: (Courtesy of wekxbrainx) :Link to post 2: (Courtesy of jphripjah)
• Bicycle tour :Link to post:

Reviews:
Review by goldelite8
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 11, 19, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by nebhar97 View Post
How does one get from another resort to the WA if third party transfers are not allowed? I booked our stay for late June and already arranged for third party transportation (there was no mention of this not being allowed in my confirmation). Am I SOL?
Ignore them. Stick to your guns! Quote breach of contract if they try to deny you entry as there is no mention of it in your booking nor was it on the website when you booked.

Originally Posted by WorldTravl View Post
Review from a Chinese family who paid for stay. I used google translate. They also have same complaints of overpriced wine and "forgettable transfers".
https://bbs.qyer.com/thread-3272718-1.html
Good find. Might as well mention some key points for everyone here. There were 4 adults. Chinese on the top and English below each line:

3晚双卧室沙屋,2晚双卧室水屋,往返机票加酒店含早晚餐与上岛游艇接送人均报价不到3.5万
3 nights in a double bedroom beach villa and 2 nights in a double bedroom water villa, return flights {from Beijing, economy class}, half board {breakfast and dinner}, transfers, less than RMB35,000 {US$5000}

4. 整体花费
Total expenditure
1)首航直飞经济舱往返+5晚岛上住宿+早晚餐套餐+快艇接送 每人3.5万人民币左右
Return flights economy class + 5 nights accommodation + breakfast and dinner package {HB} + speedboat {actually the yacht} transfer: about RMB35,000 {US$5000} per person
2)岛上晚餐点餐,参与海钓,海豚,酒水等4人结算3000美金,平均每人5000人民币
Dinner orders on the island , did fishing {excursion}, dolphin {excursion}, alcoholic beverages etc, 4 people spent $3000, average of RMB5000 {US$715} per person
3)小费其他:没多少,估计200美金左右总共,看个人
Other costs: not much, about $200 in total, depending on the person
小记,平均每人4万人民币
Note: Average RMB40,000 per person {US$5715}

Some of the Google translation is crap. If anyone wants a proper translation I can do it as I can read most of it but will need some time (have to check a few words that I don't know in the dictionary etc). Let me know.
Filthy Monkey and BLTraveler like this.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Aug 12, 19 at 2:19 am
Old Aug 12, 19, 11:06 am

What's up with the plastic pollution here in the Maldives? We just took a short boat ride to the uninhabited island Maanenfushi today and the amount of plastic items littering the beach-line and way into the jungle was just astounding. An environmental disaster even though it's this far north from Male. I mean, the Carribean was so much more pristine than this. It's enough to make me consider never returning to Maldives. Light bulbs on the beach (including those large sodium vapor lamps to light highways!!???)

Last edited by scwam; Aug 12, 19 at 11:51 am
Old Aug 12, 19, 12:28 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, UR, SPG, Hilton - Diamond, IHG - (Plat Amb) Spire Amb
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave View Post

My wife actually likes BB better than Maldives for some of that same reasons you mention. As they say, happy wife happy life, so going back to Conrad BB next Summer. 2021 we will be back to the WA....hopefully. I wish they would build a WA in BB!

I do do agree the 8 hour flight from LAX-PPT and a puddle jumper to BOB is much better than 20+ air to MLE.

TD
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete View Post
Eh?
Originally Posted by brodielayne View Post
I'm going to save my points for a return trip to Conrad BB. Having hit both Rangali and Conrad BB, I appreciate what Bora Bora has to offer, as well as the ability to self cater my party supplies. Shame though it is much easier to get to the Maldives from LAX than it is to PPT.
We have been to Bora Bora 3 times and Conrad Maldives once.

The only thing (ok snorkeling was good and breakfast was good but ...) somewhat luring me back to Conrad Maldives is 1st class flights on Emirates A380 (with Dubai 1st class lounge layover). That experience is fantastic. 1st class to PPT is on Air Tahiti Nui, which is ok but not at all like Emirates 1st on a A380.

We canceled our 2020 reservations for the Waldorf Maldives to go back to Bora Bora for the 4th time instead.

For 2021, still undecided.
brodielayne likes this.
Old Aug 12, 19, 12:36 pm

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Platinum, BW Diamond
I canceled my stay at WA (sept 16-21). Maybe Conrad would be better.
Old Aug 12, 19, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by scwam View Post
What's up with the plastic pollution here in the Maldives? We just took a short boat ride to the uninhabited island Maanenfushi today and the amount of plastic items littering the beach-line and way into the jungle was just astounding. An environmental disaster even though it's this far north from Male. I mean, the Carribean was so much more pristine than this. It's enough to make me consider never returning to Maldives. Light bulbs on the beach (including those large sodium vapor lamps to light highways!!???)
sounds gross.. any pics?

i guess they must be dumping all the trash from resorts onto islands where human soul will rarely venture to.
Old Aug 12, 19, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey View Post
sounds gross.. any pics?

i guess they must be dumping all the trash from resorts onto islands where human soul will rarely venture to.
The problem is a world wide issue. The trash we are seeing, and we saw ALOT of it, just float by. The small sand banks, they see little foot traffic end up covered in trash. I doubt most of it came directly from Maldives resorts. But you would think a 5* resort would send staff to the island and clean it up before taking guests there.

I have to agree with the OP, with all the trash we saw sailing around the North/South Male Atolls it gave us great pause on returning to Maldives. Last year we spent a week sailing around Bora Bora and there was almost no trash.

TD
Old Aug 12, 19, 6:28 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave View Post
Great pics. Thank you.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Aug 12, 19, 6:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak View Post
Have to disagree with you on this one. After you've been to Rangali or another Maldives resort which has natural undergrowth you'll likely change your mind.

I think if you're going to disagree with a poster who has visited the property and refers to the "near physical perfection of the resort," you should preface your comment by pointing out that you have never been there. You've been bashing this resort since pre-opening, maybe because you're offended by the yacht transfer costs and high prices, and now you're continuing that by arguing with posters who have actually been there about their personal impressions of the resort.

I posted that the snorkeling seemed pretty good to me, a first time snorkeler, seeing hundreds of fish, and you then posted a few days later on the Conrad Maldives thread "As you probably know from reading the WA thread, there are a couple of fish swimming round and maybe a turtle but that's about it."

I struggle, however, to get to grips with the idea that the GM and DoO are not moving around the resort day to day and don't notice the speed at which staff are driving and haven't implemented rules for this. Unbelievable. And even more unbelievable considering this is a safety issue and a child could easily get hit.
*End rant*
Again, you have no idea what the GM and DoO are doing, because you haven't been there. I was there for six days, I never saw anyone driving too fast, and I don't think any of the other FT members who have visited the resort have reported this, except one. A reasonable person would read a single negative comment from a single poster like "staff was driving fast" and consider that to be a one off incident. Only someone obsessed with bashing the resort would read a single complaint like this and crow "Unbelievable! They have no rules! The GM is negligent! They're going to injure a child!"

I don't know the reason for your agenda against a resort you've never been to, but it's becoming tedious to read your uninformed comments bashing the resort every day. And now attacking the integrity of FTers suggesting without any factual basis that the resort "bribed" one to make a fake positive TripAdvisor review. It's rather bizarre.

I enjoy reading the first hand impressions of FTers who visit resorts like this, and I like forward to reading yours too if you do visit this resort.

Last edited by jphripjah; Aug 12, 19 at 6:56 pm
Old Aug 12, 19, 9:40 pm

sounds gross.. any pics?

Unfortunately, I didn't. Was using my DSLR on a gimbal mostly for large video files of family. The only pic I have shows the the least littered area here.
Old Aug 12, 19, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by jphripjah View Post
I posted that the snorkeling seemed pretty good to me, a first time snorkeler, seeing hundreds of fish, and you then posted a few days later on the Conrad Maldives thread "As you probably know from reading the WA thread, there are a couple of fish swimming round and maybe a turtle but that's about it."

Not sure about anything else you've posted, that's for you and MF, but reviews on the snorkelling from a first timer aren't a good gauge for those looking to evaluate it vs other resorts. I appreciate you posting it, however, as it all helps.
Having hundreds, if not thousands of fish everywhere should be the bare minimum for a maldives/coral resort. The macro and variety or life and coral is the key to a good vs great resort.
pineapple_09 likes this.
Old Aug 12, 19, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by scwam View Post
Unfortunately, I didn't. Was using my DSLR on a gimbal mostly for large video files of family. The only pic I have shows the the least littered area here.
wow pretty bad + sad.
i m surprised they will bring tourist to such "deserted" island for excursion.
pineapple_09 likes this.
Old Aug 12, 19, 11:10 pm

wow pretty bad + sad.
i m surprised they will bring tourist to such "deserted" island for excursion.
Well, to give them benefit of the doubt, I specifically asked to go to that island although I think they were trying to persuade me to visit another island where there are people.
Old Aug 12, 19, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by jphripjah View Post
I think if you're going to disagree with a poster who has visited the property and refers to the "near physical perfection of the resort," you should preface your comment by pointing out that you have never been there. You've been bashing this resort since pre-opening, maybe because you're offended by the yacht transfer costs and high prices, and now you're continuing that by arguing with posters who have actually been there about their personal impressions of the resort.

Again, you have no idea what the GM and DoO are doing, because you haven't been there. I was there for six days, I never saw anyone driving too fast, and I don't think any of the other FT members who have visited the resort have reported this, except one. A reasonable person would read a single negative comment from a single poster like "staff was driving fast" and consider that to be a one off incident. Only someone obsessed with bashing the resort would read a single complaint like this and crow "Unbelievable! They have no rules! The GM is negligent! They're going to injure a child!"

I don't know the reason for your agenda against a resort you've never been to, but it's becoming tedious to read your uninformed comments bashing the resort every day. And now attacking the integrity of FTers suggesting without any factual basis that the resort "bribed" one to make a fake positive TripAdvisor review. It's rather bizarre.

I enjoy reading the first hand impressions of FTers who visit resorts like this, and I like forward to reading yours too if you do visit this resort.
I'll say a couple of things
1. You're biased and so is your post. I have been defending the resort on a number of occasions. Shows you who, in fact, is biased.
2. If you believe that a new resort which has destroyed most of any semblance of intact coral has as many or more fish than somewhere like Rangali then be my guest and dream on. It seems that there is one, maybe two areas where there is still dead coral and that's where everyone is seeing lots of fish. Common sense tells you Rangali must have multiple times the area where you are able to see a wide variety of marine life
3. So far there have been 3 reports of driving too fast. Your rant about me complaining about kids being injured only shows you have limited ammunition in your argument. So I can't make a point that there is a safety issue? You use that to attack me? What a joke. And again, we see you are biased in presuming that I have based my comments on one review. Do some research before you post, n00b
4. Saying "Again, you have no idea what the GM and DoO are doing, because you haven't been there" is another joke and frankly a waste of space. Who is going to take that comment seriously? Do you think they sit in an office all day just like most of the staff who aren't allowed to go out for fear of making a resort feel less private. Again, make a useful comment, otherwise don't post.
5. The 'bribe' comment was meant to be partly funny, partly insinuating. Read carefully and try to understand the context in which something is written
6. It doesn't take a genius to realize that a 95+% man-made resort isn't going to compare in natural beauty and feel to a place like Rangali where there is thick vegetation that has been growing there for millennia. Compare the comments from people who have been to other, mostly man-made resorts, to get an idea. Oh, but you haven't. Thought so

Oh, and nobody is forcing you to read my posts. If you don't like what I write then just don't read it. Save yourself a lot of trouble.
BLTraveler and rvlcr like this.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Aug 13, 19 at 5:59 am
Old Aug 13, 19, 5:53 am

Regarding the trash, there are some instances where the government will declare that an island must be uninhabited and everything man-made removed (and moved to another island). This was the case where the island that Vilu / Mandhoo faces was, for want of a better expression, evacuated. The mess left behind was left on the beach and blown into the water by storm winds which made for a large amount of rubbish drifting past Mandhoo and the RWVs and onto the beach right outside Vilu for a few days straight.

In other cases it can be from dumping by local fisherman or locals who want to get rid of it without attracting too much attention. It can be washed up quite far ashore and blown into the millennial foilage and can stay there for years. It's a big headache for the government.
Old Aug 13, 19, 6:06 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Regarding the trash, there are some instances where the government will declare that an island must be uninhabited and everything man-made removed (and moved to another island). This was the case where the island that Vilu / Mandhoo faces was, for want of a better expression, evacuated. The mess left behind was left on the beach and blown into the water by storm winds which made for a large amount of rubbish drifting past Mandhoo and the RWVs and onto the beach right outside Vilu for a few days straight.

In other cases it can be from dumping by local fisherman or locals who want to get rid of it without attracting too much attention. It can be washed up quite far ashore and blown into the millennial foilage and can stay there for years. It's a big headache for the government.
Is that the actual island called Mandhoo? I remember one day while sitting at afternoon tea and looking at google maps and that was the island that was off in the direction of 421.

Search this Thread