Hilton back on Topcashback (UK)

Old Jan 16, 18, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Hilton back on Topcashback (UK)

Just to make you all aware - after a long absence, Hilton cashback is now available again through Topcashback (UK site).

The current rates are 1% back for Honors members or 5% back for non-Honors members or blue members when you click through and book direct on the Hilton site.

They still aren't relisted on Quidco yet.

It will be worth keeping an eye on this site for temporary promotions in the future where higher cashback amounts are offered (I remember getting 10% back through this site on a promotion when it was last on there a couple of years back).
Old Jan 16, 18, 12:40 pm
:D!
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Spire, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver
8 Avios per £ on avios.com is better (obviously only if you want avios), but not sure which is more reliable at paying out
Old Jan 16, 18, 5:24 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by delinquentwoody View Post
Just to make you all aware - after a long absence, Hilton cashback is now available again through Topcashback (UK site).

The current rates are 1% back for Honors members or 5% back for non-Honors members or blue members when you click through and book direct on the Hilton site.

They still aren't relisted on Quidco yet.

It will be worth keeping an eye on this site for temporary promotions in the future where higher cashback amounts are offered (I remember getting 10% back through this site on a promotion when it was last on there a couple of years back).
As you say, 1% is pretty poor cashback compared to what it used to be when it varied between 5% and 12% if I remember correctly. Also, there didn't used to be the distinction between Honors and non-Honors members! Think they re-appeared on Topcashback about a year back and after a month or so disappeared from the site again.
Old Jan 16, 18, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by :D! View Post
8 Avios per £ on avios.com is better (obviously only if you want avios), but not sure which is more reliable at paying out
They are also 6 Virgin miles to the £ at the moment and they are fairly reliable IMO when compared next to TCB where it takes about six months to get it confirmed and even then it’s usually at less than advertised.

You can also transfer virgin miles to HH although it’s not at a favourable rate.

Last edited by chrism20; Jan 16, 18 at 6:09 pm Reason: typo
Old Jan 16, 18, 7:36 pm

Yes itís rubbish when commission on just regular travel agents (like someone sitting with a computer at home booking trips) is 10% even on Honors Member rate bookings.

Just think of the commission for the likes of Expedia. It used to be as high as 25%.
Old Aug 20, 18, 11:18 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN**, Bonvoy Ambassador/LT Titanium
If I book as a non-member and then present my diamond card at check in, will this prevent me from getting the current 10% cash back?
Old Aug 21, 18, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by cbellero View Post
If I book as a non-member and then present my diamond card at check in, will this prevent me from getting the current 10% cash back?
Not sure but you would need to book the room with a different email/mobile details and possibly address if the system asks for it as IME Hiltons system is quite good at picking up reservations and allocating to your account via email and mobile without using your HH a/c number. I've made a few reservations recently with the call centre and said I wasn't a member as I didn't have the HH number to hand and every reservation has found its way to my pending reservations without me doing anything.

TCB also updates (or should do) with the correct amount after the stay so again this may flag it back to the 1% or whatever the elite rate is at the moment.
Old Aug 21, 18, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by cbellero View Post
I'd rather have the guaranteed member rate than a potentially higher cashback that may not pay out. Unless it is continually paying successfully.

I've been receiving my 8 avios per £ with 90% success, but the future of the avios estore is uncertain particularly whether I will get anything after avios.com closes
Old Aug 21, 18, 9:14 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I'm with the above, and although I have Avios and Virgin accounts, my choice would be to go through a cashback portal if it doesn't eliminate member benefits.
Old Sep 3, 19, 3:41 pm

Programs: BAEC gold, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Anyone else experiencing problems when booking through topcashback (uk)? My last 4 stays tracked as 0 points, although I was given diamond on property benefits. The diamond line sorted it out quickly, but it's certainly not ideal.
Old Sep 4, 19, 9:40 am

Booking through TCB should have zero effect as you go to the Hilton site anyway.

Since April this year TCB has not been paying whenever I was upgraded by the hotel.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: