Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

H Hotel Los Angeles, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

H Hotel Los Angeles, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by onobond
Did they have a license when you stayed there and visited the rooftop bar?
We stayed for one night on 6/2 and they did not have it at that time either.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Was there twice in the last week. Definitely still don’t have a license.
I asked at check out and was told “We think it’s very soon” but I’m guessing they tell all guests that.....
Old Jun 25, 2018, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Princess fiona
Was there twice in the last week. Definitely still don’t have a license.
I asked at check out and was told “We think it’s very soon” but I’m guessing they tell all guests that.....
I think they have been saying that for some time now. At least 6 months since this thread started.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Jenn0625
I think they have been saying that for some time now. At least 6 months since this thread started.
Yep, they told me that on my first stay there not long after it opened. That was a fair while before this thread started.
Surely it doesn’t take that long to get a liquor license in LA? Or if it does wouldn’t they apply long before the hotel opens so that it’s in place for that.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
The license for the H Hotel shows as a license transfer that is pending as of December 2017.
https://www.abc.ca.gov/datport/lqs.h...license=589519
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:02 pm

Stayed for 1 night on Saturday and loved it. Given corner room facing SW; loved the high ceilings, stylish decor and Nespresso machine. You can tell a lot of thought went into the room design - from controls for the shower to the number and placement of electric/USB outlets (they're everywhere, including 2 of each on each side of the bed.) Fitness facility on 12 is super - spin bike, weights up to 75s, lots of stability equipment, and tons of natural light. Only gripe is parking charge is steep ($32). I asked the restaurant if we could get the Gold breakfast benefit to go, and they were happy to do it - large shopping bag with two bowls of assorted fruit, bagel and croissant (with butter, cream cheese and jam), and a beverage carrier with two cups of OJ (at least 8 ounces each) and two coffees. Service everywhere was super-friendly and helpful. We'll be back.
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Stayed one night a week ago. Despite stating my arrival to the hotel as 4.00 p.m., no room was ready. Had to wait short of 90 min to get it. The room on the 12th floor was nice, though. Corner with nice view. Roof terrace bar still waiting for license "We hope to get it later this month" I was told. Bed OK, but the large area of the room and especially the v-e-r-y large bathroom was a lot of dead space, unsure if this affected only the top floor layout, or consistent on lower floors too. Breakfast basic with coffee, toast with some discouraging spread and a small bowl of fruits; all served.

The looks were a slightly upscaled Aloft, but the strange layout of two hotels in one is a drawback. Although the shuttle for the airport only runs every half hour, the location is only second to Hyatt for closeness.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 5:06 am

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
I liked it for what it was; an airport hotel. It was very clean and nicely furbished. We were given a 1-bedroom suite (their largest room I believe), as Hilton Diamond member. We just stayed overnight as most would do at an airport property. We had dinner in the restaurant (still no liquor license) - it was very very mediocre. The flatbread was awful; barely any toppings and a $1 frozen pizza would be better value than the $15 flatbread I was served. The wings were decent, but how could you .... it up? Caesar salad was dry and had a strange dressing.

We received $10 breakfast vouchers per person; I asked if it was possible to get the continental breakfast to go and that was no problem at all. For the $200 p.n. we paid here I found it to be decent value.
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 4:36 pm

I have another stay at this property coming up in late September. Something tells me the liquor license will still be sitting on some bureaucrat's desk...
Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; IHG Spire Ambassador; AA Exec Plat; UA Silver
Originally Posted by hyperzulu
I have another stay at this property coming up in late September. Something tells me the liquor license will still be sitting on some bureaucrat's desk...
I was there during the first week of August and they had their liquor license. They told me they had just received it (finally!) at the end of July.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by markko
I was there during the first week of August and they had their liquor license. They told me they had just received it (finally!) at the end of July.
That's awesome! I really like this hotel. Even more reason to like it.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by markko
This is welcome news! Just made Diamond and have a trip in November to Maui. Staying overnight at LAX on the way there and was tossing between here or Hilton LAX.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Have an upcoming trip to El Segundo and am looking forward to staying here for the first time; have always had success with and enjoyed the Curio brand. Any updates with respect to breakfast benefits and the rooftop bar? Diamond benefits basically fairly cheap it seems from the above comments...
Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:20 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
H Hotel Los Angeles, Curio Collection by Hilton, LAX Airport

I have a two day layover in LAX and was taking a look at the H Hotel by LAX part of the Curio collection and wondered if it was worth the extra money to stay here as opposed to a regular Hilton, or a Homewood suites? Is this property especially generous to diamond members? Otherwise I’ll just save the money and stay at a lower end Hilton property.

Thanks
Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:25 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
How generous are they to diamond elites as far as upgrades go, and is there an executive lounge? Trying to decide if it’s worth the extra money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.