Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

H Hotel Los Angeles, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

H Hotel Los Angeles, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2018, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by Amelorn
The Hilton LAX is the only property in North America that I actively despise.

I was extremely aggravated to be dumped as a diamond into the most overcrowded exec lounge I have ever been in. I was suffering from tonsillitis having just flown in from Hawaii for a move back to the Mainland US. All I wanted was a cup of tea, some cool yogurt, and a bit of fruit - and a place to sit down in peace. Even the windowsills were all taken for seating. The small space, some stressed out infants/toddlers, and general chatter made it about as relaxing as rush hour in Penn Station.
Oh wow that sounds like an awful experience, I'm sorry you had to endure that. :/ We have experienced that type of chaos in a Hilton lounge before (Anatole in Dallas). I know the H is new but I wasn't sure which one was better, especially HHonors members. Thank you for sharing your experience. I think we are leaning towards the H.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Jenn0625
Debating on staying at the H or the Hilton LAX for a one night stay this summer in between flights. Currently a Diamond member booking a standard room on points. We will be arriving at LAX around 2pm and flying out the next morning at 7am, with no plans of venturing out from the hotel at all. What would be a better pick between these two? It will be our family of 4.
I've stayed at the Hilton many times. As a Diamond, you will get lounge access, which offers afternoon/evening snacks and a Continental breakfast buffet, with, if I recall correctly, scrambled and hard-boiled eggs, and bacon or sausage (one or the other on any day) as the protein along with the usual stuff. You can get water, sodas, cookies, etc. all day. The lounge can get super crowded, but this depends on how full the hotel is, of course. The H has no lounge. They do provide a voucher for Diamond members that is equal to the value of the Continental breakfast in the restaurant, which is NOT a buffet: you order it off the menu, and your waiter brings it. It includes a very small bowl of fruit, some toast, and coffee. No eggs of any kind. You can order whatever you want off the menu and use the voucher towards it, but it won't cover much. The H is closer to LAX, although I don't know if it makes a difference in shuttle time. The H is new and has larger rooms and a rooftop bar (no alcohol as of yet) with stated views towards the Pacific on a clear day. The H provides refrigerators in all rooms. The Hilton has built-in refrigerators in some junior suites, and portable ones on request (not sure about cost). With either property, you can order food delivery from restaurants or grocery stores using the usual apps.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by anabolism
I've stayed at the Hilton many times. As a Diamond, you will get lounge access, which offers afternoon/evening snacks and a Continental breakfast buffet, with, if I recall correctly, scrambled and hard-boiled eggs, and bacon or sausage (one or the other on any day) as the protein along with the usual stuff. You can get water, sodas, cookies, etc. all day. The lounge can get super crowded, but this depends on how full the hotel is, of course. The H has no lounge. They do provide a voucher for Diamond members that is equal to the value of the Continental breakfast in the restaurant, which is NOT a buffet: you order it off the menu, and your waiter brings it. It includes a very small bowl of fruit, some toast, and coffee. No eggs of any kind. You can order whatever you want off the menu and use the voucher towards it, but it won't cover much. The H is closer to LAX, although I don't know if it makes a difference in shuttle time. The H is new and has larger rooms and a rooftop bar (no alcohol as of yet) with stated views towards the Pacific on a clear day. The H provides refrigerators in all rooms. The Hilton has built-in refrigerators in some junior suites, and portable ones on request (not sure about cost). With either property, you can order food delivery from restaurants or grocery stores using the usual apps.
Thank you for the info. I'm really torn between the 2 because we will essentially be at the hotel the whole time and not leaving for the one night stay. Our flight lands at 2:30pm and we will shuttle straight to the hotel and not be leaving until the shuttle takes up back to LAX early the next morning. Since our morning flight leaves at 7am breakfast at the hotel will not be an option regardless of which one we stay at.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
One thing to bear in mind is that the Hilton is undergoing some renovation at the moment, mainly to the front of the building facing Century Blvd. The shuttle has always been a CF at peak times and when I was last there (~3 weeks ago) there was a lot of complaining about the shuttle at the front desk. Also, make sure you choose a room on the non-airport side of the hotel. I once had a room facing the southern E-W runway (i.e. looking towards El.Seg) and it was miserable. Another option to consider is the Embassy Suites on the other side (i.e. through the tunnel under the runway). Rooms facing away from the airport are quiet, but the windows are covered in some kind of opaque plastic sheet as you would otherwise be looking straight out into the yards of the houses that are behind the hotel....
Jenn0625 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 7:06 pm

Programs: United Premier 1k, Hertz Presidents Circle, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jenn0625
Debating on staying at the H or the Hilton LAX for a one night stay this summer in between flights. Currently a Diamond member booking a standard room on points. We will be arriving at LAX around 2pm and flying out the next morning at 7am, with no plans of venturing out from the hotel at all. What would be a better pick between these two? It will be our family of 4.
it's not even close, the H is soo much better!!
BOStonTravels and Jenn0625 like this.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
The H was nice. Spent one night there after arriving on a TATL flight. Room was clean and very big, with high ceilings. I enjoyed watching the planes come in from the roof deck. Gym was also okay.

Bring earplugs if you are noise conscious. I did hear traffic outside from my room. Also, the breakfast was disappointing. The front desk gives you a voucher that can be used for a continental breakfast or $10 off ala carte in the restaurant. I was able to get the staff to let me take my breakfast back up to my room.
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Have they gotten their liquor license yet? They hadn't when I stayed in October.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by sannmann
The H was nice. Spent one night there after arriving on a TATL flight. Room was clean and very big, with high ceilings. I enjoyed watching the planes come in from the roof deck. Gym was also okay.

Bring earplugs if you are noise conscious. I did hear traffic outside from my room. Also, the breakfast was disappointing. The front desk gives you a voucher that can be used for a continental breakfast or $10 off ala carte in the restaurant. I was able to get the staff to let me take my breakfast back up to my room.
Since we are flying out super early the next morning and would not be able to partake in the breakfast, I wonder if they would let us use vouchers in the restaurant for dinner instead?
Old Feb 18, 2018, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Seems pretty unlikely, but can't hurt to ask!
Old Feb 19, 2018, 3:02 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by jcresq
Have they gotten their liquor license yet? They hadn't when I stayed in October.
The latest reviews on Tripadvisor suggest that they have not.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by timfountain
One thing to bear in mind is that the Hilton is undergoing some renovation at the moment, mainly to the front of the building facing Century Blvd. The shuttle has always been a CF at peak times and when I was last there (~3 weeks ago) there was a lot of complaining about the shuttle at the front desk. Also, make sure you choose a room on the non-airport side of the hotel. I once had a room facing the southern E-W runway (i.e. looking towards El.Seg) and it was miserable. Another option to consider is the Embassy Suites on the other side (i.e. through the tunnel under the runway). Rooms facing away from the airport are quiet, but the windows are covered in some kind of opaque plastic sheet as you would otherwise be looking straight out into the yards of the houses that are behind the hotel....
Were you perhaps on a low floor? I'm very noise sensitive and have never had the slightest noise problem at the Hilton LAX and have always had rooms with a nice airport view (as I mentioned a few posts up). I've always been on a high floor, so perhaps that explains it.

Originally Posted by sannmann

As I mentioned a few posts up, as the restaurant explained it to me over the phone, it isn't fair to even call it a Continental breakfast m as they said it was just toast and a very small bowl of fruit and a cup of coffee or tea, brought to your table. No buffet (and you have to tip). But you can use the voucher towards anything ordered; the voucher is equal to the price of the "Continental" item ($15 IIRC).
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:29 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
I'm staying at the H this week for two nights. I wanted to try it out because I hate the Hilton I'll report back on my stay.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 3:50 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
I'm staying at the H this week for two nights. I wanted to try it out because I hate the Hilton I'll report back on my stay.
Would you mind enquiring about a) the liquor license, and b) how frequent their shuttles are? Tripadvisor reviews suggest that their shuttles are very infrequent. Thank you.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by Andriyko
Would you mind enquiring about a) the liquor license, and b) how frequent their shuttles are? Tripadvisor reviews suggest that their shuttles are very infrequent. Thank you.
Will do.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:30 pm

Just checked in. No liquor license. The manager told me they failed to notify their neighbors about the application, so their application has been pushed back and their new court date is in late March. It sounded like that was the final step and they would have it by April/May timeframe.

Shuttle picked us up after a short wait at T3. The shuttle driver said there were (2) shuttles running in rotation 24/7. I have an early departure Saturday, so we'll see how it goes.

Rooms are awesome. So much nicer than the Hitlon. I'll report back after my full stay, but wow this place is nice. Room is spacious, high ceilings, LARGE bathroom better toiletries than Hilton. Once this hotel gets popular I suspect it will be more expensive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.