Earning points with OTA bookings

Old Jan 8, 18, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Earning points with OTA bookings

I am Diamond with Hilton and usually book via the Hilton website.

But I found a marginally better rate on Hotels.com for the Hilton Berlin (not the two Hamptons or the Waldorf).

Will I still accrue points and nights for the membership? And will I still benefit from possible upgrades and lounge access?

Disappointingly, the check out is 11am and I was hoping for a late check out on Sunday 21st Jan.
Old Jan 8, 18, 5:07 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat., Hyatt Disc., National Car Rental Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by eastflyer123 View Post
I am Diamond with Hilton and usually book via the Hilton website.

But I found a marginally better rate on Hotels.com for the Hilton Berlin (not the two Hamptons or the Waldorf).

Will I still accrue points and nights for the membership? And will I still benefit from possible upgrades and lounge access?

Disappointingly, the check out is 11am and I was hoping for a late check out on Sunday 21st Jan.
Your stay will not be eligible for points or stay/night credit. The hotel may still decide to give you Diamond benefits (e.g., lounge access), although they are not required to do so.
Old Jan 8, 18, 6:26 pm

You stated the rate at Hotels.com is only marginally better
Not sure of your definition but consider that you will (Definitely) not get stay/night/points and promo points, do you still want to go ahead?
I also have very few success with late checkout requests when using OTA.
When booking direct at the various chain official channels, late checkouts success are clearly better especially given your Diamond status.

Maybe book through Hilton and try for a BRG instead?
Best of two worlds.
I have also read some posters suggest just call property and see if they will match OTA to avoid BRG hassles
This does means loosing possible additional discount under the BRG program
Obviously needs to be same room types / conditions etc.
Old Jan 8, 18, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA Plt Pro/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I must say this has been an effective measure by HH that has influenced my behavior to their benefit. I will not book a nonqualifying rate at a property with any meaningful elite benefits.
Old Jan 8, 18, 7:45 pm
jxd

Programs: HHonors gold
why not do a brg claim
Old Jan 9, 18, 3:48 am
Original Poster

​​​​All sorted. Hilton agreed to cancel the hotels.com booking and accept a direct booking.
But iím still stuck with an 11am check out!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: