Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Even More New Hilton Honors Benefits in 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: missamo80
Full details

FAQ

Yes, Points + Points and Points + Miles earnings are going away, it's replaced with status-based bonuses. Base and silver member earnings winds up worse off. Gold earning wind up a teeny tiny better off. Diamond earning remains unchanged.

Only nights roll over to help with qualification in the following year, not stays or points.
Print Wikipost

Even More New Hilton Honors Benefits in 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:32 pm

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by sdsearch
So you're counting miles promos but you're not counting points promos?

I "follow the ponits" (between programs) and so only stay in a given program pretty much when there's a decent promo on the stay (that I haven't maxed out; the current HH promo can't be maxed out, but some other promos can be).

So I don't understand why you're counting miles promos and yet not counting any points promos (some of which have had "extra boost" for Diamonds in the past year).
The miles promos were independent from points promos, it was possible to earn addinational miles for miles promo and points for Qx promo together.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:59 pm

The part that disappoints me (given that i tend to do cheap one-night stays most often) is that they're getting rid of the 500 points Amex check-in bonus.
Same. And the app booking bonus. At 100+ nights a year, those bonuses added up.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 11:41 am

Big Changes Coming - Likely in April

Word from pals inside Hilton is that the following will roll out soon:

Earning Style Option (aka Double Dip) is going away;

Point bonuses for Silver, Gold and Diamond member will increase. (I'm not sure I remember the numbers exactly, but 20%, 50% and 100% for silver, gold and diamond, respectively is close, if not correct.)

My Way Preferences go our the window - at least for Diamond members. They will now get both 1,000 bonus points plus complimentary continental breakfast.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by retiredfromhilton
My Way Preferences go our the window - at least for Diamond members. They will now get both 1,000 bonus points plus complimentary continental breakfast.
Diamond members have long received both breakfast and bonus points at the full-service, sub-WA brands. Only Gold members had to choose.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 4:59 pm

Word from pals inside Hilton is that the following will roll out soon:

Earning Style Option (aka Double Dip) is going away;

Point bonuses for Silver, Gold and Diamond member will increase. (I'm not sure I remember the numbers exactly, but 20%, 50% and 100% for silver, gold and diamond, respectively is close, if not correct.)

Sorry. Your source burnt you with this "breaking" news / "insider gossip.
But I am not surprised.
In MANY organisations, internal and inter-departmental communication often lags or sometimes simply non-existent.
A "Latest New" memo could be triggered only after Help desk / Customer Service received many calls from customers asking about x or y.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 1:42 am

Wow, sounds like Hilton upper management leaks like a sieve...heck, these rumors even made it to their PR department!
Moderator2, hugolover and Cymro like this.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

HHonors matters are disclosed to frontline staff the same day as they released to the public.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For every single HH brand out there? Some brands had really esoteric multiple choices, as I recall, not just a simple points vs breakfast. (I can't check right now because the Hilton website is throwing an error when I go to access My Way Hotel Benefits. Or perhaps that's what they meant, that IT issues with My Way are coming ?)
Old Jan 16, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
For every single HH brand out there? Some brands had really esoteric multiple choices, as I recall, not just a simple points vs breakfast. (I can't check right now because the Hilton website is throwing an error when I go to access My Way Hotel Benefits. Or perhaps that's what they meant, that IT issues with My Way are coming ?)
I agree...so at a Hampton Inn, which gives free breakfast to everyone, does that mean we'll still get our 2 snacks, PLUS 1,000 pts? When before it was the snacks OR 250 pts? That would actually be fantastic.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 3:52 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Rental Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I agree...so at a Hampton Inn, which gives free breakfast to everyone, does that mean we'll still get our 2 snacks, PLUS 1,000 pts? When before it was the snacks OR 250 pts? That would actually be fantastic.
I believe it's still the same; snacks or 250 points for Diamond members at HIs.

The only change is to WAs.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I would say its very unlikely it goes to 1000 points as its deliberately differentiated across the brands from 250 to 2000 bonus points. The hotels pay for the My Way bonus.

I think the biggest improvement to Hampton would be to cover incidentals for the folio on the base points.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 1:59 pm

Extra 10k bonus after 40 night

Below rule will be effective in the end of April. By the end of March I will be reaching around 45 nights for this year, so my question is: will I be eligible for this bonus or do I need to make 40 nights after the rule is in play?

Hilton Honors members will earn 10,000 Bonus Points on every 10th night, once you reach at least 40 nights in a calendar year. It's not a limited time offer, no registration is required and there is no cap - the more you stay, the more you earn! And on your 60th night per year, you will receive an additional 30,000 Bonus Points.

Yes, that means if you stay 60 nights in a year, not only will you reach Diamond status and start earning 20 points per dollar spent, you’ll have also earned 60,000 Bonus Points with this exclusive milestone bonus.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 2:19 pm

Deleted. I regret my overly hasty characterization of Hilton's marketing. I do not believe that Hilton's wording was deliberately deceptive.

Last edited by amanuensis; Mar 27, 2018 at 10:22 am
Old Mar 13, 2018, 1:13 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by Fqflyers
Below rule will be effective in the end of April. By the end of March I will be reaching around 45 nights for this year, so my question is: will I be eligible for this bonus or do I need to make 40 nights after the rule is in play?

Hilton Honors members will earn 10,000 Bonus Points on every 10th night, once you reach at least 40 nights in a calendar year. It's not a limited time offer, no registration is required and there is no cap - the more you stay, the more you earn! And on your 60th night per year, you will receive an additional 30,000 Bonus Points.

Yes, that means if you stay 60 nights in a year, not only will you reach Diamond status and start earning 20 points per dollar spent, you’ll have also earned 60,000 Bonus Points with this exclusive milestone bonus.
Hi Fqflyers,

Jumping in here and confirming that you would receive the Bonus for all eligible nights in 2018. You will retroactively be given Points for any milestones achieved Jan 1 – April 2018. In the event a Hilton Honors members lives in a hotel, he/she can earn 33 Milestone Bonuses = 360,000 Points within the year. More information can be found on the FAQ page:

3. Is there any limit to earning Milestone Bonus Points for members who have achieved at least 40 eligible nights within a calendar year? Every eligible night counts – there is no limit to the number of 10,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points you can earn once you hit 40 eligible nights within the calendar year. For example, if you hit 300 eligible nights, then you will earn a cumulative total of 300,000 Bonus Points from these Milestones Bonuses.

4. For one stay, how many rooms will count toward achieving eligible nights and the associated Milestone Bonuses?
Earning nights toward these bonuses will follow the same rules as earning nights toward elite tier status – i.e. a Member will only receive credit for the nights stayed for one room, not multiple rooms booked for the same duration by the same Hilton Honors Member.

Example: If you book two rooms at the same hotel for a one night stay – you will earn Hilton Honors Points on both of the rooms, but you will only receive one night credit total toward achieving the Milestone Bonuses and toward elite status qualification.

Within a calendar year, the total amount of nights that a member could achieve toward these Milestone Bonuses is 365 nights – equivalent to 360,000 Hilton Honors Milestone Bonus Points per year. For more information on the earning rules when booking multiple rooms, please refer to the Accrual of Points page.

Thanks!
Lauren
Old Mar 13, 2018, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by amanuensis
Hilton lies.
Hilton silently devaluing its program again- pretty much all 5K properties are gone now, and many 10K doubled. Hilton lies about improving its program.
hugolover likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.