Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Even More New Hilton Honors Benefits in 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: missamo80
Full details

FAQ

Yes, Points + Points and Points + Miles earnings are going away, it's replaced with status-based bonuses. Base and silver member earnings winds up worse off. Gold earning wind up a teeny tiny better off. Diamond earning remains unchanged.

Only nights roll over to help with qualification in the following year, not stays or points.
Print Wikipost

Even More New Hilton Honors Benefits in 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Seabilly
Interesting to me is that except for Flyertalk, the only way I heard about the changes away from points/miles was an email from Delta this morning. Hilton hasn't sent me anything.
I received an email on Monday for each Honors account I manage, titled "Update on your 2018 member benefits". It includes this paragraph.

COMING IN APRIL 2018:

An Easier Way to Earn Points

We are simplifying how you earn Points when you book direct and stay with us. Members will continue to earn 10 Points per dollar spent (5 at Home2 Suites by Hilton and Tru by Hilton) and starting April 2018, elite tier bonuses will increase for Silver (20%), Gold (80%) and Diamond (100%) members. This means we are saying goodbye to Earning Style Options, including Points & Miles, and making it easier for Silver, Gold & Diamond members to earn more Points on hotel stays.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had over 130 nights at HH last year but not sure about this year. Thinking about moving some IHG stays over as this seems like a good thing for me - even with the poor 1Q promo.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:53 pm
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
Although reward stays seem to rising overall in cost I think Hilton is doing a good job trying to attract and keep it's customers. Rollover nights is one such benefit. If they would have an airline partner like Marriott<->United or SPG<->Delta (kind of with crossover rewards) I would move exclusively to Hilton brand.
jefftiger likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG - Platinum, Hilton - Diamond, AA - Executive Platinum, United - Silver
I see the changes as a devaluation. With the roll over nights and gifting of status, we are going to have excess Gold and Diamond members competing for upgrades and clogging up the lounge. Not to mention folks already receive Gold from numerous Credit Cards out there. I just recently decided to stay at both Hilton and Marriott and have started to sway more to Marriott once I rettain Diamond with Hilton.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
works for me. Has incentives to stay more. Looks like a change I like.
turtlemichael likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: AA
A Hilton Honors point is worth about ˝˘. Many programs' points are worth twice that. (Hyatt points are worth about 2˘.) Miles + points is what made the Hilton Honors program competitive with most other programs. Taking that away makes most other programs double the value of what Hilton will now be offering.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by FWBowl
A Hilton Honors point is worth about ˝˘. Many programs' points are worth twice that. (Hyatt points are worth about 2˘.) Miles + points is what made the Hilton Honors program competitive with most other programs. Taking that away makes most other programs double the value of what Hilton will now be offering.
Agree. I value Hilton points at about 1/2 cent and hyatt at 2 cent also. But like status, points are a lot easier to obtain at Hilton than Hyatt.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: HH D
Diamods will receive less, than berore changes.
I received on 1 USD:
10 base points
5 Diamond bonus points
1 Mile (that equal 10 points)
Total 25 points
I have received 35 or 45 points with some miles promos.
And I will receive only 20 points.
Very disappointed.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: QF, FI, BA, HHonors & Le Club Accorhotels
excuse my ignorance but does the removal of miles mean I won't be earning airmiles with my registered preferred airline anymore?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:48 pm

I agree with Hiltons thinking. if they are going to give points for stays then the points predominantly need to be spent with the company not a third party such as an airline.

what I don't agree with is Hilton allowing people paying $450 to buy diamond status via a credit card or charge card as it demeans the integrity of the programme and makes a mockery of People Like Us who actually pay money out of our own pocket to stay at Hiltons.

​​​​​​What I would like to see Hilton do is to ensure that there is a hot breakfast available to elite members 100% of the time at 100% of Hilton properties .....whether they can guarantee an early and late check out is not logical because you have to understand that the hotel in question may well be incredibly busy the next day when you want a late checkout. I think from their point of view it ought to be kept up to the discretion of the hotel.

With a few oddities being the exception Hilton rates are very good and the possibility of a free upgrade and the guarantee of a hot breakfast with premium Wi-Fi is a fantastic benefit for an elite member and something that I certainly would be happy with if the Hilton were to consider implementing this worldwide. I don't need bonus points nor rollovers. The above benefits including free admission to an executive lounge for diamond (and in most cases gold) would be enough for anybody in my view
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Garina
Diamods will receive less, than berore changes.
I received on 1 USD:
10 base points
5 Diamond bonus points
1 Mile (that equal 10 points)
Total 25 points
I have received 35 or 45 points with some miles promos.
And I will receive only 20 points.
Very disappointed.
So you're counting miles promos but you're not counting points promos?

I "follow the ponits" (between programs) and so only stay in a given program pretty much when there's a decent promo on the stay (that I haven't maxed out; the current HH promo can't be maxed out, but some other promos can be).

So I don't understand why you're counting miles promos and yet not counting any points promos (some of which have had "extra boost" for Diamonds in the past year).

Plus you chose to earn miles, but I chose to earn points + points (once they got rid of points + fixed miles), so I don't see how I'm going any less, just not any more (10 + 5 +5 = 10 + 10).

The part that disappoints me (given that i tend to do cheap one-night stays most often) is that they're getting rid of the 500 points Amex check-in bonus.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:31 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by garethlewis
excuse my ignorance but does the removal of miles mean I won't be earning airmiles with my registered preferred airline anymore?
Exactly
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
As the new AMEX no-fee card will be the first Hilton Amex I've ever had, I won't miss what I never had in terms of the booking bonus. What I will miss is the annual bonus of 10,000 points for spending $1,000 on Hilton charges.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: Unloyal, disloyal
Originally Posted by T8191
As moderately frequent leisure travellers,, the Points & Miles was a good option that had us using Hilton by preference. OK, we’re apparently the 1% minority.

Having been Gold (once) we’re now Silver and unliekly to earn enough Hilton points to make any meaningful difference to our lives. 190k points is worth what?

Bye, Hilton, it was interesting to know you. Keep looking after the road-runners, and we will book on price/convenience from here on. I know you won’t miss us.
I'm also one of the 1%, using Hilton half for work and half for leisure, but the miles was my main decision. Like you, it's Priceline all the way for me from now on.

I don't blame Hilton really and I'm not mad, if they can get road warriors on a regular basis that's far better for them.

Now that I think about it, of the Hiltons I semi-regularly stay at, there's only one I actually like compared to the competition around them, so it's no great loss for me either. I'll continue to stay at that one and shop around at the other locations.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 8:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I believe it was 10 base points, plus 50% for points and points, plus 50% for Diamond, so I think it's the same as the new 20 points per dollar.
Yes.

Most of the bloggers were deceived into reporting this as an earnings enhancement. It's not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.