Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Even More New Hilton Honors Benefits in 2018

Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: missamo80
Full details

FAQ

Yes, Points + Points and Points + Miles earnings are going away, it's replaced with status-based bonuses. Base and silver member earnings winds up worse off. Gold earning wind up a teeny tiny better off. Diamond earning remains unchanged.

Only nights roll over to help with qualification in the following year, not stays or points.
Print Wikipost

Even More New Hilton Honors Benefits in 2018

Old Apr 8, 2018, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by ao40
Has anyone actually received a milestone bonus yet?
My 40 night bonus posted today. 7 days after the qualifying stay.

"2018 MILESTONE 10000 POINTS AT 40N"
Old Apr 11, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
I'm trying to understand the alleged benefit of rollover nights from Hilton Honors Updates for 2018 | FAQ, Q9:

Example: You rolled over 5 nights from 2018, you stayed 45 nights in 2019 and gained Gold Status. The calculation for 2019 rollover nights would be as follows: 5 rollover nights from 2018 + 45 nights from stays in 2019 — 40 nights needed for Gold — 5 rollover nights from 2018 (now expired) = 5 elite rollover nights into 2020
Couldn't that equally be written as:

Example: You rolled over 0 nights from 2018, you stayed 45 nights in 2019 and gained Gold Status. The calculation for 2019 rollover nights would be as follows: 0 rollover nights from 2018 + 45 nights from stays in 2019 — 40 nights needed for Gold — 0 rollover nights from 2018 (now expired) = 5 elite rollover nights into 2020
So the 5 rollover nights from 2018 gave nothing ? Seems to be the same with Q10 as well...

Would an example showing the benefit be something like:

Example: You rolled over 8 nights from 2018, you stayed 35 nights in 2019 and gained Gold Status. The calculation for 2019 rollover nights would be as follows: 8 rollover nights from 2018 + 35 nights from stays in 2019 — 40 nights needed for Gold — 8 rollover nights from 2018 (now expired) = -5 elite rollover nights, carried as zero into 2020
Although IMHO 3 nights should still rollover to 2020.

Last edited by EsherFlyer; Apr 11, 2018 at 3:21 pm
Old Apr 11, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Basically, the point is that you simply ignore rollover nights allotted to the current year (excess nights obtained over the qualifying threshold in the previous year) in determining how many rollover nights you will have for the subsequent year, since they can only be used once (rollover does not itself rollover).

So you simply had 45 nights, 5 more than Gold requires and so you will have 5 rollover nights for the next year.

In this example, the 5 rollover nights from 2018 don't matter, but if instead you managed only 35 nights in 2019 the rollover nights from 2018 would give you Gold for 2020. You'd obviously have zero rollover though - as your actual #nights is still below the 40-night threshold (-5 gets set to zero).

However, if you had 55 stays in 2019 then the 5 rollover nights would give you Diamond, so in this case the rollover nights would matter also (and you have zero rollover).

So if you have N rollover nights from 2018, then from to 40 to 60-(N+1) nights in 2019 it would not affect your status for 2020 (you made enough for Gold anyway but the number of rollover nights was not enough to bump you up to Diamond). But from 40-N to 39 nights, and from 60-N to 59 nights, the rollover nights would make a difference.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 9:59 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

I'm a little confused.. Just booked a stay and it shows the selected airline program and airline mileage number in the reservation details...
Except that Double Dip is no longer, so what does this mean? I want to earn Hilton Points on my reservation, not airline miles... but is this going to impact anything?
Should I ignore the airline info?
Or unselect airline name and clear out the mileage number?
Old Apr 12, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by izzik
I'm a little confused.. Just booked a stay and it shows the selected airline program and airline mileage number in the reservation details...
Except that Double Dip is no longer, so what does this mean? I want to earn Hilton Points on my reservation, not airline miles... but is this going to impact anything?
Should I ignore the airline info?
Or unselect airline name and clear out the mileage number?
Our accounts have had the airline info on there forever - it even prints out on every reservation, even though we have done points and points for years and years. I'd just ignore it unless you don't get your points properly credited.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 2:56 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
I am currently Gold, can I be gifted Diamond, or must the gifted (that's me) go through the progression? My brother is Diamond with well over 100 nights so far this year.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 4:02 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, VA Platinum
Originally Posted by jamflyer
I am currently Gold, can I be gifted Diamond, or must the gifted (that's me) go through the progression? My brother is Diamond with well over 100 nights so far this year.
Reading the terms says the diamond is applied automatically and is applied to the person who was gifted gold so I would just have them gift the gold to you. Not sure if having gold will make any difference with it going through otherwise it would need to be done manually and I find the phone staff can vary greatly in their knowledge to get things done.
jamflyer likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:17 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Originally Posted by ozztraveller
Reading the terms says the diamond is applied automatically and is applied to the person who was gifted gold so I would just have them gift the gold to you. Not sure if having gold will make any difference with it going through otherwise it would need to be done manually and I find the phone staff can vary greatly in their knowledge to get things done.

Well over 3 weeks now and still no sign that I am Diamond.

Guess I will just test out my new Plat Premier status with Marriott.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:20 pm

Ah...sounds like you don’t need it anyway.
Michael19887 likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:53 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, VA Platinum

Have you tried calling Honors, if you get the right person they can be very helpful in finding what is missing.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:34 am
Suspended

Hilton, Please add following benefits into 2019 Diamond membership

Hilton Diamond is the second best top tier membership when you compare with others. I highly suggest Hilton Honors to add some of the following benefits into Diamond membership year 2019 to make the programme better:

1, Guaranteed FULL breakfast in Hilton, Doubletree, Conrad and other top tier brand hotels instead of Continental
2, Drink vouchers for Hilton/Conrad/other top brands that does not have a Club/Executive lounge
3, Guaranteed early check-in at 11:45am
4, Guaranteed late check-out at 14:00/2pm or be more generous, Gold at 14:00/2pm and Diamond at 15:00/3pm.

My problem with Hilton so far are:
1, Some hotels are generous give Diamond full breakfasts and some are very stingy to charge extra for full breakfast and some have very pool Continental breakfast option. Why not go a little bit extra to differentiate Gold and Diamond to guarantee Diamond full breakfast?
2, Some Hiltons are getting away with Executive lounges. I think this is wrong. I think Hilton should make it a brand standard for Hilton brand to have an Executive lounge. I guess that is asking too much, maybe Hilton can guarantee drink vouchers for Diamond member in those hotel that do not have a lounge. The best of course is to downgrade Hilton without lounges into Doubletree!!
3, Many hotels are not happy to let you check-in early or check-out later than the 3pm/12noon crap. And I think Hilton is the only major chains does not give top members a solid benefit in this direction. So it would make Diamond more valuable if Hilton Hornors can be a little bit more generous.

Hence my wish list. Anyone can add more?
Old Aug 24, 2018, 2:23 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by ozztraveller
Have you tried calling Honors, if you get the right person they can be very helpful in finding what is missing.
may do that. I have no stays planned so no rush on my part.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:53 pm
Original Member

Just found out my bro was at 98 nights prior to his last stay, so now should be over 100 nights. Hopefully now I will get Diamond as I have a few stays coming up starting mid October.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 10:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Just found out my bro was at 98 nights prior to his last stay, so now should be over 100 nights. Hopefully now I will get Diamond as I have a few stays coming up starting mid October.
It might make sense to gift it to your travel partner, if you have one, so you could alternate stays at the same property and get extra points
jamflyer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.