Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton by Hilton Freiburg {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2018, 2:55 am
jxd
Original Poster

Arrow Hampton by Hilton Freiburg {DEU}

Anyone stayed here recently? Looks like a pretty new property.
Location seems far from the city and parking is expensive (15 euros) for where it's located.
Am planning a stay in February.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 3:14 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
I must admit that I stayed here in mid October 2017 but failed to put a report at FT.
Location wise it is "not bad", i.e. close to a tram stop which conveniently connects with the city centre. Tram no. 5, stop "Komturplatz" would be close by. the hotel. This line runs from city centre (and beyond) via main railway station. When you get off at "Komturplatz" you should turn left.
There was ample parking for free in the street. The receptionist told us that it might be fine during the weekends but not during working hours.
I wrote the manager ahead of my stay but never received an answer.
Front desk staff seemed all new to the Hilton Honors policy. We had a room with sofa bed (as an "upgrade") facing the street. The room was on the small side. Breakfast area seems rather small, too and starts immediately when leaving the lift.
All in all, I cannot fault this property. Of course, it is brand new, everything was in working order, the location is not that far from the city centre. The surrounding is all newly built residential and commercial are. I would go back.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by jxd
Anyone stayed here recently? Looks like a pretty new property.
Location seems far from the city and parking is expensive (15 euros) for where it's located.
Am planning a stay in February.
will stay there this evening. anything special you need to know?
Old Mar 24, 2018, 5:44 am

2nd stay

Last week I had my second stay completed at this property. And I experienced significant changes:
1. I have been pre-upgrade to a corner room
2. Reception staff seemed much more knowledgeable, experienced and forthcoming
3. Responsiveness of general manager

First of all, construction activities have progressed and still are progressing (first stay in mid October last year). The free parking in the street has become a little more sparse but I watched cars also parking in yet open grounds.
1. I have addressed the GM ahead of my stay. Eventually reservation department answered that they will upgrade me to a corner room. This room was triple size and had three windows. Room 449 has been blocked for me. Since we arrived early the room was not ready. We were offered a free coffee or refreshment while waiting for appr. 30 minutes. We went out to do some shoppings nearby and on our return we learnt, that the room is "under construction". There was a leak and the offered the neighboring room. As I insisted on a corner room, we were given 229. Nothing wrong so far, a lot of space around the bed, a sofa in the middle of the room. However, bath room of standard size. After 10' the door was opened without any knocking and immediately closed when I started asking who's there. I went out to the hall and saw a house-keeping employee apologizing. - I simply don't get this!
2. Yes, this made a major difference. Reception staff really cared for our stay, tried to remedy the situation with the blocked room. Especially Mrs. Johanna was very welcoming and friendly. No vouchers given for the "Hampton amenity", i.e. one snack item and one drink. But we were offered to select from what was laid out (no limit in costs). We said next morning that we haven't take our amenities yet and were free to chose them on check-out instead.
3. I always give a personal feed-back to the manager or my contact person at a hotel. This time I got an immediate response. I think, the GM has changed. Probably for the better.

After all, it is a Hampton, not a HGI or Hilton hotel. When you are happy with European standard Hampton, than this is a hotel to go for.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 2:09 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
One night here and was very happy with the staff. Room was typical with the exception the cooling DID work!! Lots of free street parking not sure why you would pay for the garage. Breakfast was a bit of a cluster and the waffle machines were down which made me think about enforcing the make it right agreement ;-)
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:58 am
jxd
Original Poster

Stayed 3 nights. Property was alright, booked a queen sofa bed room, no upgrade given. Not welcomed as a hilton honors member (gold). No welcome amenities offered as well. Service was cold, close to unpleasant. Room not cleaned properly during our 3 night stay, bed linen was not changed as well. I didn't feel like i was in a hilton property. No info given about breakfast or the hotel surrounding during check in. Breakfast was mediocre. The hotel is located in a construction zone, about 10 minutes to the tram followed by 3 stops to the city. 80€ a night, wasn't too bad but if i had a choice i wouldn't stay again. Better options elsewhere.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 6:26 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Stayed this Saturday. Outstandingly friendly service, great breakfast, best Hampton bar I've ever seen. €57 a night room rate, and while the area around the hotel is still under construction, and it's about a 30 minute walk to the city centre, the property was absolutely spot on. Parking is expensive for the location at €15 but I found space on the street - it's free at weekends. Room was clean and spacious - upgraded to a room with sofa. Not sure that I'll need to go back to Freiburg for any reason but I'd stay at this property again without hesitation.
Zurich likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 10:50 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Stayed last year, 1 night, checked in by a seemingly American girl whose English was better than her German (which was still excellent); was allowed to take a drink and snack from next to reception both on check-in and check-out.

Rate was about €60, breakfast starts at 0600 which is when I prefer to have it, and the Hampton brand standards mean that the food is better than an equivalent German Holiday Inn Express would have.

New building and pleased with everything else about it. If the price was €80 I may have considered modifying my itinerary. I guess I'm not too pleased with the location but since I need every single Hilton stay to maintain my status there was no other option. I will admit that I didn't buy tickets for the tram though
Zurich likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 5:09 pm

Does anyone have any experience of this during the current Covid situation, especially of what is available for breakfast?

I may be visiting Freiburg next month for a week or so, and from a bit of Googling it appears different Hamptons are doing different things about breakfast.

This is first time posting on the Hilton board so apologies if this has been answered already - I’m on much firmer ground in my knowledge of BA!
Old Oct 5, 2020, 11:04 pm

Programs: HH
Originally Posted by squawk
Does anyone have any experience of this during the current Covid situation, especially of what is available for breakfast?

I may be visiting Freiburg next month for a week or so, and from a bit of Googling it appears different Hamptons are doing different things about breakfast.

This is first time posting on the Hilton board so apologies if this has been answered already - I’m on much firmer ground in my knowledge of BA!
We stayed there during the weekend. Hotel is quite full, a lot of people. You have to make reservation for breakfast slot, but nobody was contolling. Maximum 10 persons in small breakfast area. Seems to be a bit chaotic.
You have to desinfect your hands. Breakfast spread is quite normal, beside missing waffles.
squawk likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by noksie
We stayed there during the weekend. Hotel is quite full, a lot of people. You have to make reservation for breakfast slot, but nobody was contolling. Maximum 10 persons in small breakfast area. Seems to be a bit chaotic.
You have to desinfect your hands. Breakfast spread is quite normal, beside missing waffles.
Thank you, noksie. That is really helpful. It’s been a while since I stayed in a Hampton - is there a pointer to what a normal spread would be anywhere?
Old Oct 6, 2020, 7:17 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by squawk
Thank you, noksie. That is really helpful. It’s been a while since I stayed in a Hampton - is there a pointer to what a normal spread would be anywhere?
In Europe around 4 or 5 hot items like sausages, eggs and a potato thing, cold meats, muesli, fruits, salad components, yoghurt, juice, coffee machine and in Hamptons the aforementioned waffle maker.
squawk likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 5:03 pm

Thank you very much, : D !

If this trip pans out, I’ll update if there are any changes.

Last edited by squawk; Oct 7, 2020 at 5:39 am
Old Oct 7, 2020, 12:54 am

I‘ll be there 18-20 October and will report back.
squawk likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by Zurich
I‘ll be there 18-20 October and will report back.
Unfortunately I did not make it to Freiburg. Two days before departure the mandatory quarantine started for people coming in from Switzerland. Now, all tourists are excluded from hotel stays all over Germany.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.