Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Breakfast Benefit Launches Jan 1, 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria Breakfast Benefit Launches Jan 1, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dsorota
I checked into the Grand Wailea yesterday and was handed a bunch of these coupons. I’m told you can only use up to two of the coupons per day and they only work at Cafe Kula. I asked why it didn’t match the stated Benefit on Hilton’s website but the concierge didn’t have an answer.
This is better than a continental breakfast as you can use them for any meal. Don't stir up any trouble!
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:56 am

Here's the Cafe Kula menu:

https://www.grandwailea.com/wp-conte...-Kula-Menu.pdf
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
We got pastry and coffee from Cafe Kula almost every morning (we sprang for the big fancy Sunday brunch) - also got pizza and sandwiches once or twice. I would have been happy to have $30 to spend each time.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
My upcoming reservations for the W-A Chicago now reflect a $15 F&B credit as a benefit, so that’s how they are providing it. The 15% restaurant discount remains an option (pick two from in-room movie, 15% discount, and 1000 points) as well.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
This is better than a continental breakfast as you can use them for any meal. Don't stir up any trouble!
The screen capture states that credits can be used at any food and beverage venue, which would be better than the grab-and-go Cafe Kula.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:37 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MS02113
The screen capture states that credits can be used at any food and beverage venue, which would be better than the grab-and-go Cafe Kula.
Yes, I agree.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Interested to see how this works out at Waldorf on Palm Jumeriah, stayed there few years ago as a Gold and Paid for Exec Lounge Access... considering a stay for next month.

Will be awesome if they gave full ciub access for breakfast
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:35 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Any experiences to share of this new benefit at the W-A Berlin?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
Any experiences to share of this new benefit at the W-A Berlin?
Berlin is the only European WA to offer only continental in lieu of full breakfast. Pretty much sums up the management of this property in other areas IME.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Which is why no one stays at the WA in Berlin unless they have to be near Kudam, the Hilton offers Diamonds a better deal.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hfly
Which is why no one stays at the WA in Berlin unless they have to be near Kudam, the Hilton offers Diamonds a better deal.
Well, with rooms from €150 to €6000 the WA Berlin suits both thriftyish travellers to millionaires. They’ve proven that building a premium hotel near Zoo is a sensible business decision and the rates command the premium you would expect in a desolate 5* marketplace 🙄.

I’m sure the investor is delighted.

In other news, plenty of staff availability for €75 (with full breakfast).
Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Its the only place I know where the WA standard rooms are often cheaper than the Hilton standard rooms.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by hugolover
Berlin is the only European WA to offer only continental in lieu of full breakfast.
In the ten days since the Waldorf Astoria breakfast benefit was launched, you've already stayed at the properties in Amsterdam, Berlin, Edinburgh, Rome, and Versailles to compare their offerings?

I've not seen recent reports about any of those hotels here on FT.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MS02113
In the ten days since the Waldorf Astoria breakfast benefit was launched, you've already stayed at the properties in Amsterdam, Berlin, Edinburgh, Rome, and Versailles to compare their offerings?

I've not seen recent reports about any of those hotels here on FT.
Nah. But its written on the Hilton website.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
hugolover, well-spotted! thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.