Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Breakfast Benefit Launches Jan 1, 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria Breakfast Benefit Launches Jan 1, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Has anyone seen anything from Hilton defining what constitutes the minimum for the breakfast?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Rome Cavalieri Included?

Back to HHD having free breakfast downstairs?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Has anyone seen anything from Hilton defining what constitutes the minimum for the breakfast?
Individually owned WA properties will establish their own definition, so do not expect anything definitive from Hilton.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by philemer
I just called the Roosevelt and their Continental Breakfast will consist of fruit, juices, coffee and pastry in either Teddy's or the Fountain Lounge. If they also have yogurt I'll be happy.
Hopefully they will continue to give out the voucher that is good for drinks as well. I always liked being able to have two dree drinks when I stayed there with that voucher.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Hilton hasn't (publicly) defined minimum breakfast offerings for any of its other full-service brands, so why expect them to start with Waldorf Astoria?

In my experience, Waldorf properties eschew the high-capacity breakfast buffets that one might find in a large Hilton in favor of smaller, full-service restaurants. Considering the high prices and limited space at many Waldorf restaurants, I concur with the other posters here who are expecting limited cafe/coffee shop vouchers rather than full breakfasts.

Larger properties like Grand Wailea, Roosevelt New Orleans, W=A New York, etc. probably can't offer much more anyway given the high number of Hilton elites they must see on any given day.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by MS02113
Hilton hasn't (publicly) defined minimum breakfast offerings for any of its other full-service brands, so why expect them to start with Waldorf Astoria?.
I'm unfamiliar with Hilton. I'm a Marriott and SPG top-level elite looking in at Hilton. To me, it's obvious that Hilton added this benefit as a competitive advantage, though at the same time they're devaluing the top-level elite status by virtue of extending it to the customers of its co-branded credit card.

If it's truly about a competitive advantage then Hilton would be wise to have some definition of a continental breakfast because I'm pretty sure that most Americans don't define a continental breakfast in the same manner as Europeans (particularly from Southern European countries) define a continental breakfast.

Larger properties like Grand Wailea, Roosevelt New Orleans, W=A New York, etc. probably can't offer much more anyway given the high number of Hilton elites they must see on any given day
Well, maybe from a capacity standpoint, but breakfast costs a hotel next to nothing. The margins are excessively high compared to other food-and-beverage profit margins.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
This is great news. I had been waffling between the Beverly Hilton or the new WA BH and this definitely makes the decision easier. And next year we're thinking of either Bonnet Creek or the WA next to it, leveling the playing field makes for good choices. I still might pay more at a WA but at least I'm not moping about $50 for breakfast. Thanks H.
I stayed at WA BH last month as a Diamond and received 2 x $15 food and beverage credit which was used at rooftop restaurant for dinner.

I am unsure whether this was/will remain the breakfast policy at the WA BH.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Hilton hasn't (publicly) defined minimum breakfast offerings for any of its other full-service brands, so why expect them to start with Waldorf Astoria?

In my experience, Waldorf properties eschew the high-capacity breakfast buffets that one might find in a large Hilton in favor of smaller, full-service restaurants. Considering the high prices and limited space at many Waldorf restaurants, I concur with the other posters here who are expecting limited cafe/coffee shop vouchers rather than full breakfasts.

Larger properties like Grand Wailea, Roosevelt New Orleans, W=A New York, etc. probably can't offer much more anyway given the high number of Hilton elites they must see on any given day.
I frequent the WA Roosevelt. I don't even know where they'd serve the continental breakfast other than The Fountain Lounge, which is where breakfast is currently served.

The Roosevelt already offers a $30 F&B credit to Diamonds. In a perfect world, this would continue since the "All American Breakfast" (eggs, potatoes, fruit, choice of meat) is $28. Realistically, though, the credit will disappear and a fine selection of pastries, cereals, and fruit will replace it.

I burned my $30 credit on two Sazeracs. The Ruby Slipper 1 block from the hotel is the best breakfast value in terms of convenience and quality.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
And next year we're thinking of either Bonnet Creek or the WA next to it, leveling the playing field makes for good choices. I still might pay more at a WA but at least I'm not moping about $50 for breakfast. Thanks H.
We did 4 nights at BC earlier this year. The breakfast, both complementary continental and the upgraded full breakfast were phenomenal.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by aww3583
The Roosevelt already offers a $30 F&B credit to Diamonds. In a perfect world, this would continue since the "All American Breakfast" (eggs, potatoes, fruit, choice of meat) is $28. Realistically, though, the credit will disappear and a fine selection of pastries, cereals, and fruit will replace it.

I burned my $30 credit on two Sazeracs.
That's why I'm ambivalent about the extension of the breakfast benefit to Waldorf Astoria. I'd prefer the flexible F&B credit or percentage discount that many WA properties currently provide over a free muffin every morning.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by aww3583
I frequent the WA Roosevelt. I don't even know where they'd serve the continental breakfast other than The Fountain Lounge, which is where breakfast is currently served.

I burned my $30 credit on two Sazeracs. The Ruby Slipper 1 block from the hotel is the best breakfast value in terms of convenience and quality.
This will be a downgrade at the Roosevelt. I would rather they keep the $30 F&B credit for diamonds than to offer this benefit. It was nice being able to use it on a couple cocktails. Hopefully they will keep the $30 credit for diamonds as a benefit in lieu of breakfast if we request it
Old Jan 2, 2018, 5:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I didn't realize that WA's provided any sort of benefit (actually, we did stay at the Grand Wailea and did have a discount for ONE meal, we did have to pay for breakfast every morning...

Gosh, you don't think the WA's agreed to this because it might actually save them money, do you?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
This will be a downgrade at the Roosevelt. I would rather they keep the $30 F&B credit for diamonds than to offer this benefit. It was nice being able to use it on a couple cocktails. Hopefully they will keep the $30 credit for diamonds as a benefit in lieu of breakfast if we request it
This may stay as is for Diamonds because the gal on the phone, when I asked about the new benefit, said: "Golds will receive a continental breakfast......... " I just remembered the whole sentence. Keep your fingers crossed, Diamonds.
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:53 pm

Programs: US Airways (Platinum), HHonors (Diamond)
Is there an official Hilton announcement on their website? I cannot find it. I am at the WA in Palm Springs and was looking forward to this. I was not offered anything as a Diamond, so would like to reference an official announcement when I ask. Thank you.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
I really like the idea of a food and beverage credit! It would give us the flexibility to spend it where we want to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.