Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Hilton London Canary Wharf {GBR}

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Hilton London Canary Wharf {GBR}

Old Jun 18, 2009, 8:07 am

Programs: HH Gold
Still good!

Another one-nighter there this week. As good as it always has been. No complaints, apart from the Ł20 car parking charge! For that though, you do get secured underground parking.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 4:23 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
The DLR station has been transferred away from the Hilton Canary Wharf, about 200m. I had a Junior Suite above the DLR on a lower floor and did not hear a thing. ^
Old Jan 13, 2010, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by JOUY31
The DLR station has been transferred away from the Hilton Canary Wharf, about 200m. I had a Junior Suite above the DLR on a lower floor and did not hear a thing. ^
Whilst the station has been transferred the design of the DLR means that it isn't so much the station which produces noise as the trains going around corners. The track is still there and the trains are still running on it. There are 2 bends in the track at each corner of the Hilton which do produce squeaking noise as the trains pass through them.

I would be extremely unhappy with a lower floor room at this property as a result, although the rooms facing away from the DLR (with the construction view but no obvious construction in the last 18 months) should be quieter.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 12:17 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hello all,

do they offer free wi-fi in the EL in this property?
And anybody knows about Tower Bridge?

Staying in these 2 properties in the next 10 days.

Thanks,
Old Jan 13, 2010, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by saviox
Hello all,

do they offer free wi-fi in the EL in this property?
And anybody knows about Tower Bridge?

Staying in these 2 properties in the next 10 days.

Thanks,
There is free wifi in the lounge at CW I am not sure about TB I haven't stayed there for a while.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 12:51 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
There is free wifi in the lounge at CW I am not sure about TB I haven't stayed there for a while.
^
Thanks vm for the quick reply Land-of-Miles.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 10:12 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Is there any "real" tube stop close to Canary Wharf or is it just DLR? I'm trying to figure out the best way to get from LHR to Canary Wharf and then then after a couple of days Canary Wharf to the Tower Bridge location. Thanks.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 1:14 am

Programs: BA Gold (CCR), Cartafreccia, HH Diamond, Esselunga Fidaty Gold
Originally Posted by stc
Is there any "real" tube stop close to Canary Wharf or is it just DLR? I'm trying to figure out the best way to get from LHR to Canary Wharf and then then after a couple of days Canary Wharf to the Tower Bridge location. Thanks.
Canary Wharf on the jubilee line. Arriving from LHR with the Piccadilly Line you may connect in Green Park. Total travel time about 70 minutes.
From Canary Wharf 10 minutes of easy walking and a little bridge to cross.

Leaving the hotel proceed on the opposite direction, cross again the small bridge and take again the underground at Canary Wharf towards Stanmore. Get off at London bridge station (3rd stop). Another 10 minutes of walking and you reach the hotel.

Last edited by Aldebaran; Nov 25, 2010 at 1:21 am Reason: info added
Old Nov 25, 2010, 7:24 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Thanks. I wasn't sure how bad the walk was. Any concerns with doing that walk late on a Sunday night?

Also, good to see that it looks like Tower Bridge Hilton would just be 3 stops back to London Bridge stop.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 7:36 am

I stayed 2 nights here in January and it was a great stay.

Got a very cheap rate in the January sale.

Got upgraded to a suite and enjoyed all the lounge very much.

The breakfast was great and all the staff were friendly too.

Just a pitty its out of the way a bit for the tourist areas.

Would definately stay again for a nice weekend away.

Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:39 am

Programs: BA Gold (CCR), Cartafreccia, HH Diamond, Esselunga Fidaty Gold
Originally Posted by stc
Thanks. I wasn't sure how bad the walk was. Any concerns with doing that walk late on a Sunday night?Also, good to see that it looks like Tower Bridge Hilton would just be 3 stops back to London Bridge stop.
Is a business area and on a Sunday night it is totally desert, but in my opinion it seems to be a safe area.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Starwood Platinum & Hilton Diamond
Hilton Canary Wharf

I am going to Canary Wharf for a long weeekend (wed.sun) 'cause of my job. I am taking my family with me and on sunday we're flying to Palma on holiday. Is there anything that my family can do on that time? My baby boy is three monts old.

Edit: Is there a very good sunday brunch on four seasons on sunday?

Last edited by Kuki; Mar 18, 2011 at 3:16 pm
Old Mar 18, 2011, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kuki
I am going to Canary Wharf for a long weeekend (wed.sun) 'cause of my job. I am taking my family with me and on sunday we're flying to Palma on holiday. Is there anything that my family can do on that time? My baby boy is three monts old.

Edit: Is there a very good sunday brunch on four seasons on sunday?
The Four Seasons do a nice Sunday Brunch you might also think about Roka too.

I can't think of anything for families with really young children to do. There is a City Farm if that works for you and the museum of docklands, but it isn't an area packed with family fun activities.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 9:12 pm

Any recent upgrade experiences from Gold members? I have Sunday night and Friday/Saturday night stays at opposite ends of the week coming up and am hesitant to pay the 39 pounds a night NOR1 upgrade to an executive level room if I can help it.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 11:02 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by rts123
Any recent upgrade experiences from Gold members? I have Sunday night and Friday/Saturday night stays at opposite ends of the week coming up and am hesitant to pay the 39 pounds a night NOR1 upgrade to an executive level room if I can help it.
I had two rooms during a week-end in March, one was a standard week-end fare, another was an award. Both of my rooms were upgraded to the Executive floor for free. But I do stay regularly at this property. The NOR1 upgrade I had requested for a junior suite on one of the two rooms did not go through, though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.