Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Hilton London Canary Wharf {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Hilton London Canary Wharf {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2007, 2:46 am

Think I might give Canary Wharf a try this weekend. Any recommendations on interesting things to do in that area? Or restaurants worth visiting that are in walking distance?
Old Jun 13, 2007, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold, MC Plat., Star Plat.
Good Value

We spent the recent Bank holday weekend at this hotel and found it to be one of the best values for Hilton in London. Stayed at a special weekend rate of 82 GBP, included dinner for two the first night, and full breakfast each day.
Our only complaint was the room was warm and we could not get it cooled down, I would expect they had not switched over to AC/as no cool air came out. Also parking is very limited and expensive, we parked in the residential area across the street for free, never a problem finding space.
A great location and the staff could not do enough to make our stay go well.
This Hilton compares well against others in the city!
Nearby is one of our favorite Itailian cafes:
http://www.carluccios.com/caffes/def...re&caffe_id=6#
There are other location in London!
Have a good time!:-:
Old Jun 15, 2007, 8:10 pm

Programs: AV LifeMiles, CM ConnectMiles, BA Exec Club. Former:ex-ASGold, ex-UA1K, ex-COPlat, ex-NWGold.
I just did a 2-night Point Stretcher stay there earlier this week, wrapping up a mixed London/Paris trip. Pleasant enough hotel. I didn't mind the location at all, since I'd been to London a couple of times during the past year and knew my way around the Tube.

Didn't get an upgrade, but they were apologetic about it at check-in, and to be fair I checked in about 23:30 having gotten off the late Eurostar from Paris. They offered up a bottle of wine, suggested I'd enjoy it more the 2nd night considering how late it was, and the next night there was a rather decent Malbec in my room when I came back from my day out. Free breakfast in the Cinnamon restaurant since I wasn't upgraded, and it was a quite nice selection. Frankly I'd rather have the access to the full breakfast buffet in the restaurant than what sounds like the more limited selection in the lounge.

Decent sized room for a London hotel, all very modern and quite comfortable.

All in all a good value at 24,000 points/night. Staying at Canary Wharf reminded me of when I lived in NYC and was thinking about getting a place near the World Financial Center - essentially the same architecture and "urban financial village with retail" vibe.

Probably wouldn't be my choice for a first trip to London as a vacationer, just due to not being a central / walking distance to sites. But a very nice property.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 11:52 pm

Does anyone happen to know approx how much a cab fare is from this hotel to Paddington station?
Old Aug 17, 2007, 6:26 am

Programs: AA GLD 1MM; US PP; HH Diamond; SPG Plat; Wegmans Shoppers Club; ExxonMobil Speedpass
The property has gotten busier, upgrades may not be forthcoming during the week since all the big companies at CW are likely to have booked out the exec floor. Weekends are a safer bet. The regular rooms are fine though, the main difference is the lounge access.

A cab from Paddington will probably be GBP30 or more, depending on traffic, time of day, etc. It's a pretty long way. You're better off getting on the bakerloo tube to Baker St, then changing to Jubilee line to CW. The walk from CW underground station to the hotel is <5 minutes.

twj
Old Aug 17, 2007, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I have a good record for upgrades at this property even during the week but then my normal stay was only 1 night. The Exec Lounge at this property is very large and rarely busy so they may allow you to use the lounge even if they cannot upgrade your room. The main difference between Exec and non-Exec rooms is a seperate shower in the bathroom.

As for getting to the hotel, it can be a little tricky to find if you do not know where you are going. You may find it easier to take the tube to Bank and switch there to the DLR. The cab fare from Paddington will be c. £35- £40 depending upon traffic.

I don't stay at Canary Whraf very often now I live 5 minutes down the road from the Hilton
Old Aug 17, 2007, 11:00 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by tegwj
The property has gotten busier, upgrades may not be forthcoming during the week since all the big companies at CW are likely to have booked out the exec floor. Weekends are a safer bet. The regular rooms are fine though, the main difference is the lounge access.

A cab from Paddington will probably be GBP30 or more, depending on traffic, time of day, etc. It's a pretty long way. You're better off getting on the bakerloo tube to Baker St, then changing to Jubilee line to CW. The walk from CW underground station to the hotel is <5 minutes.

twj
My last two stays here (recent week days) have resulted in upgrades to exec flloor rooms with lounge access - as a Gold - I also noticed other guests on non-exec level floors but with lounge access. The lounge and it's staff are first class.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 8:59 am

Programs: VS*S BD*G StarAll*G BA*Gold HiltonVIP*G
Booked a standard room package (2 nignts B&B + 1 dinner) this weekend for the Prince concert nearby at the O2 and was pleasantly surprised to see I'd been upgraded to an king executive when I check my reservation 24 hours earlier. I'm now a VIP Silver having failed to requalify for Gold but I've stayed there once before and it was a nice gesture. Also was welcomed back by check-in staff and a welcome-back letter from management. Lounge was excellent, never too busy on either the Sat or Sunday (The only time there were more than a few people in the lounge was between 9-10am at breakfast), and good selection of drinks, food and snacks available throughout the day.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 3:12 pm

Staying at Canary Wharf and leaving Sunday morning to Gatwick. Looks like no way to get there early other than taxi to Victoria. Anyone done this trip? Looks like weekend tube schedule won't allow getting to LGW for 0900 departure.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xooz
Staying at Canary Wharf and leaving Sunday morning to Gatwick. Looks like no way to get there early other than taxi to Victoria. Anyone done this trip? Looks like weekend tube schedule won't allow getting to LGW for 0900 departure.
Can't you get to London Bridge and take the Thameslink from there?
Old Oct 12, 2007, 11:16 am

Not in time to be at LGW in time to check in for an 855am flt. First Thamselink train doesn't get to LGW on Sundays until 750am.Looks like the only way to get from Canary Wharf to LGW in time would be taxi to Victoria, or taxi to LGW... and God only knows how much either would cost.
Old Oct 12, 2007, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xooz
Not in time to be at LGW in time to check in for an 855am flt. First Thamselink train doesn't get to LGW on Sundays until 750am.Looks like the only way to get from Canary Wharf to LGW in time would be taxi to Victoria, or taxi to LGW... and God only knows how much either would cost.
A Taxi at that time to Victoria would probably be about £20. You would be better off with a service like Addison Lee than taking a black cab all the way to LGW. Under no circumstances allow the CW Hilton to sort you out with a cab. The last time they did that for me we ended up in some dodgy minicab.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 3:34 am

Well.. lesson learned perhaps...
Mrs Xooz and I ended up taking cab from Canary Wharf to Victoria at 30£. With Gatwick Express tix at >20£ per person, I could have likely just gotten a car or cab to LGW for the 70+£ I paid. What I have learned is not to stay here the night before an early departure.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 9:05 am

Programs: HH Gold
Just a quick post to advise that all remains very well at the Canary Wharf Hilton. Upgraded to a junior suite, very friendly staff, good exec lounge facilities with nice snacks, this remains one of the best Hiltons in the UK, IMO. Recommended.
Old Apr 27, 2008, 9:59 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
I am one of the happy relocated Hilton Tower Bridge guests. There was some flooding the basement and (therefore?) no electricity. It was an interesting experience to climb to the 10th floor and back via two different stairs I found another good use of iPhone - it is a good source of light when it's dark out there and staff memebers' battery is dry They organised transport from Hilton TB to Canary Wharf at no extra cost. Check-in was smooth, lounge guard very nice and very good looking

I fully support the view that Hilton Canary Warf is a very good Hilton in London. I got an upgrade to executive room with an access to the lounge. Very nice extra is that during the tea time they serve mini sandwitches in addition to the sweets European Hiltons usually serve. Room is big. Huge for London No issues to install an additional extra bed in TWIN EXECUTIVE room for a kid.

Tower Bridge and Canary Wharf have more in common than differenet. I like the Tower Bridge location slightly better. I would assume financial sector guests on bussiness would choose Canary Wharf ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.