Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2001, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
This reminds me of a hotel I saw once in Saipan. It was called "Holiday In Saipan". If you didn't notice the missing letter from the middle word, you might be inclined to think it was part of the major chain.
Old Jun 4, 2001, 11:25 pm

There used to be an actual Hampton Inn on soi 3. A 20 or so storey hotel.

However, I noticed the name of the hotel had been changed the last time I was in BKK a few weeks ago.

$90 per night would be outrageous. $105 gets you into the J W Marriott down the street. $40 into the Amari Boulevard and for $25 you get the Nana!

The atmosphere on soi 3 is fairly "special" these days. There are numerous dyed blondes from the former Soviet Union standing about in groups on the sidewalks.
Old Jun 5, 2001, 3:15 pm

I have a feeling this hotel is an imposter.

Soi 3 is not a place most farang visit so I see no reason why the Hampton Inn would locate themselves there.

The previous poster was correct...there are some Russian women of questionable backgrounds lurking around that area.

TIT
Old Dec 16, 2002, 6:01 am

hiltons in thailand?

gonna try to book the 350,000 point award this week...which are the best hiltons in bangkok and the rest of thailand...which airline should i tell the diamond desk i want...i was told i need to tell them the airline now

thanks for everyone..this is a great place
Old Dec 16, 2002, 7:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat
There only one Hilton that is open now in Bangkok and that's the Bankok Hilton on Wireless Road. The Conrad (also on Wireless) opens in February 2003, I believe. I stayed there over the summertime. Great hotel with large rooms and very friendly staff. They got the best darn fruit plate I ever got as a welcome gift.

There's a Hilton in Chang Mai but I don't know much about that hotel.

There are several carriers flying in from the states. NW and UA connect in Tokyo, and then there's Thai Airways which is a member of the Star Alliance if you a frequent flyer on one of their airlines.

Good Luck!
Old Dec 16, 2002, 7:58 am

There is also a Hilton in Hua Hin which has been discussed in previous posts.
Old Dec 16, 2002, 11:05 am

Programs: AA:PLT&3MM, HGP:DIA, SPG:GOLD
IIRC no Hilton in Chiang Mai.
Old Dec 16, 2002, 5:13 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
I can only ask why you would bother using a Hilton (or any other US-based chain) in Bangkok, given the enormous price compared to good local hotels? To me, the main objective of points programmes is to use the points instead of having a big cost, but Asian hotels are cheap, so the value of cashing out points there is terribly low.

I just finished spending some time in a 3-4 star hotel in Bangkok with 2 swimming pools, 5 restaurants, its own taxis, etc, for US$30/night, including all taxes and large buffet breakfast. I wouldn't dream of using points to save me US$30/night, when using points in Europe can save me several times that.
Old Dec 16, 2002, 7:58 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, Hilton, Marriott, and Northwest
I would also agree that I would not want to use the 350000 award for Thailand. There are many hotels that would be very reasonable. Flights from UA and Northwest can be found pretty cheap as well. I have booked from OMA or MCI at less than $800. You can get UA vacations or other packages for less than 1500 I would think from most parts of the country if you look closely.

------------------
Robert
Old Dec 16, 2002, 8:31 pm

i believe conrad bkk opens 1 jan 2003.
Old Dec 17, 2002, 1:32 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Kremmen:
I can only ask why you would bother using a Hilton (or any other US-based chain) in Bangkok, given the enormous price compared to good local hotels? To me, the main objective of points programmes is to use the points instead of having a big cost, but Asian hotels are cheap, so the value of cashing out points there is terribly low..</font>
Agreed.

FYI, the ONLYtwo hilton properties in Thailand are in Bangkok and Hua Hin w/a Conrad to open later as posted.

If you still decide ongoing , Singapore or Cathay are supposed to be two of the finest airlines in the world. I would stay away from US carriers as this is a reward and you don't earn any miles for flying.
Old Dec 17, 2002, 1:35 pm

If you want to know the rest of thailand, no other hiltons except those mentioned. If you are thinking of Chiang Mai, you may want to consider the Westin Chiang Mai. You can book it on SPG.com for US$85/night plus earn 1,000 SPG points per booking, not too bad.
Old Dec 17, 2002, 5:52 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kawoh:
you may want to consider the Westin Chiang Mai. You can book it on SPG.com for US$85/night plus earn 1,000 SPG points per booking, not too bad.</font>
Nice property, I liked it alot.
My travel agent was able to get $49 per night. I think the SPG booking bonus is only 500 now, promo for 1,000 points has ended.

edited to add: The Westin Chiang Mai has a great spa and my wife and I had deuling Thai massages in the same room.

[This message has been edited by Sweet Willie (edited 12-17-2002).]
Old Apr 10, 2003, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
SweetWillie,

Maybe a report on the CM property, as we're headed that way this summer. A semi-related question....how many days do I need up there 2? 3? Should I drive/train it or fly? I trust your opinion.

Thanks.
Dan
Old Apr 10, 2003, 6:20 pm
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Kremmen:
I just finished spending some time in a 3-4 star hotel in Bangkok with 2 swimming pools, 5 restaurants, its own taxis, etc, for US$30/night, including all taxes and large buffet breakfast. ...</font>
Which hotel was this, please, and how did you get this rate (web site, BKK travel agent, etc.)?
Thanks.
Rich

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.