Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2013, 10:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Does anyone know which room categories at this hotel have separate baths and showers? I have a vague recollection of staying in a regular room here once and seem to remember getting a shower over the tub.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 2:15 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL Gold, UAL Premier, SPG Plat, HH Gold
There is now an ATM that works with American cards in the shopping plaza below the hotel. Right down the stairs by the Marble Bar, and then take a right.

Now if you want Diet Coke, you do need to go to 7-11 under the Hyatt Regency. Best way to get there is to walk across the street, walk past the Hyatt entrance and the handicap ramp, then walk down the stairs and take a backwards right. You will see the 7-11 in the mezzanine. Plus it's Coke Zero, not Diet Coke
Old Dec 30, 2013, 5:52 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Finishing a 7 night stay here, functionally warm property (as with most of Japan) with very little love for Diamonds during the peak Japanese holidays. The lounge was crammed during the "happy" hour and we generally avoided that, only the spirits were decent the wine was unknown red from Italy, it wasnt even an aoc, and the sparkling was chandon. The breakfast was repetitive and selection not so large at the marble lounge, we stuck with the variety of juices and smoothies churned out which was great!
Hilton doesn't do much for Diamonds or Golds when in Japan due to a "premium" club that they offer locally, which automatically gives the buyer of this membership a silver status and one or two nights in the premium rooms, which are almost always redeemed during peak Japanese holidays, and they get preference over Diamonds. I have had happier memories in the Citadines Shinjuku and I think even as a Diamond I will give this property a miss if I happen to stay in Tokyo during the Peak Japanese holidays.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ashkale
Finishing a 7 night stay here, functionally warm property (as with most of Japan) with very little love for Diamonds during the peak Japanese holidays. The lounge was crammed during the "happy" hour and we generally avoided that...

...Hilton doesn't do much for Diamonds or Golds when in Japan due to a "premium" club that they offer locally, which automatically gives the buyer of this membership a silver status and one or two nights in the premium rooms, which are almost always redeemed during peak Japanese holidays, and they get preference over Diamonds. I have had happier memories in the Citadines Shinjuku and I think even as a Diamond I will give this property a miss if I happen to stay in Tokyo during the Peak Japanese holidays.
Quite a difference across the street at the Hyatt Regency. No suites available, but the lounge was only a little over half full for the evening hors d'oeuvres (which were excellent).

But the Hilton check-in looked like a madhouse when I walked over there, so maybe the Hilton is just much busier overall.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL Gold, UAL Premier, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Since my 9 yr old son and I once again woke up at 4:30 this morning, so we're up with very little to do, I thought I would write a little more on this property.

The whole upgrade complaint is pretty well known to them. The girl at the front desk told me when we checked in that "I'm sorry this is not an upgraded room". We booked a Junior Suite, which is a little larger than a regular room. Since I had the child in tow it was worth it, but if you're alone or just a couple I would say don't bother. We also got a rollaway bed, I think it's $30 per night

In the breakfast in the Marble Lounge they have a smoothie bar, about 6 choices, some of which seem to change daily. The food is fairly good, I liked the apple turnovers. I also ate some of the Asian breakfast which was tasty.

We used the pool which isn't fantastic but is functional. First you take off you shoes and put them in a locker. Then you shower before you go in. The pool is divided into two parts, a Swim half and a Play half. I would estimate that the pool is 3.5 feet deep on the ends, and 4.5 feet in the middle. It got pretty crowded while we were there, so when the hotel is full like it is now don't expect calm lap time.

The wireless is generally fasts, but seems to take a while to connect (although at times my machine would say that it wasn't connected, or there was not internet access, so maybe it was my computer)

We ate last night at Asahi Sushi, which was on the 50th floor of the Sumitomo building diagonally across the street from hotel (directly across from the Hyatt). It was OK but nothing special
Old Dec 30, 2013, 5:49 pm
Suspended

The number of "entitled" guests at this property way exceed the facilities, be it breakfast, lounge, pool, premium rooms etc, especially during the Japanese holiday season. Some sort of a super revenue management system in place at the cost of the comfort of the guests, It has not been a pleasant stay jostling with crowds at breakfast or at the lounge or in the pool. The premium club is OK to understand if there are blackout dates enforced, but it seems its just the other way, most of the local guests staying here right now are 1-2 night stay-cationers.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ashkale
Hilton doesn't do much for Diamonds or Golds when in Japan due to a "premium" club that they offer locally, which automatically gives the buyer of this membership a silver status and one or two nights in the premium rooms, which are almost always redeemed during peak Japanese holidays, and they get preference over Diamonds.
I don't see free nights in premium rooms listed anywhere in the benefits of this club, just 20% off stays and restaurants and a 10000 yen coupon.

http://www.hpcj.jp/benefit/index.php
Old Dec 30, 2013, 8:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hailstorm
I don't see free nights in premium rooms listed anywhere in the benefits of this club, just 20% off stays and restaurants and a 10000 yen coupon.

http://www.hpcj.jp/benefit/index.php
I stand corrected and thanks for pointing this. I made some queries at the hotel, There was a brief promotion time when free room coupons were given with premium club membership, however this is not the case anymore.
The real reason for this overcrowding in lounges and premium rooms, according to what I gathered today is one of the local banks platinum Hilton visa credit card which entitles complimentary lounge access, upgrades and an automatic premium club membership,well, the promotion ended January 31st 2013, so hopefully by next year March situation could improve.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 2:21 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Two stays this trip, both quite nice

We stayed at the Hilton Tokyo 27-30, December (on AA miles) and 1-2 Jan (on HHonors points).

In both cases were were afforded Diamond benefits, for the most part- lounge access, breakfast in the EL or Marble Lounge (lobby).

In the first case, we were not upgraded to an EL room (told that that there were none even though I could clearly see on their app that both King and Queen EL rooms were available). We ended up in an "upgraded" (non-EL) twin bed room. We moved the beds together.

In the second case, I was told that they only had a Queen EL room available (also confirmably not true), but Queen is find for us, so no biggie. This was right next to the elevator though, despite that fact that one of the permanent requests on my profile is "away from elevator."

The "sorry, no rooms available" was very much like the Waldorf Hilton, London.

The lounge was a bit crowded in the evening, but not too bad. For the morning, we had breakfast in the lounge once, and in the lobby the other three times. Both are nice, but more variety in the restaurant, including the custom egg station. In both cases a very nice combination of western and Japanese breakfast items to choose from.

On Jan. 1 they did a special cocktail reception, in lieu of the normal evening cocktail hour, in the function room on the 4th floor. Same basic food, but it was more spread out, and they had several bartenders. In the end, it eas the same fare, but came across as more elegant.

The location is great, and it's an easy walk to Shunjuku station via the "underground" walkway. The shuttle was quite crowded much of the time, so we just walked as the weather was great.

Using the spa was interesting for mrs. brp as a young woman in the spa/sauna area emitted something akin to a squeak, I'm told, when she popped her head in there to look while wearing her swim suit in preparation for going to the pool. If the women's side is anything like the men's, I'd suggest that the sign indicating that swimsuits are inappropriate in that area should actually be outside, and not inside, that area to let people in a western hotel know about Japanese cultural mores

We would definitely stay there again on future visits to Tokyo.

Edit to add: Despite some comments above about this being crowded during the recent holidays, we didn't find it so. We went to the lounge the day we arrived, around 7. While initially we couldn't get a table, we had one within about 3 minutes. And that was the hardest we had to look for a table. Otherwise, quite easy each day we were there. The lobby was not bad either with no lines for front desk or concierge.

Cheers.

Last edited by brp; Jan 3, 2014 at 2:26 pm
Old Jan 4, 2014, 4:26 pm

Anyone know if they offer buy one get one free for Robot restaurant here? http://www.robot-restaurant.com/E/

I read online that many hotels in the area does.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 12:52 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA 1k.
I just booked a Twin Jr Suite using their 50% off promotion. Confirmation came with a NOR1 estandby upgrade "offer" (Ą1700/night for exec twin, Ą5000/night exec jr suite).

I've read this thread and it seems there is a chance that as a HH Gold I may get upgraded. So I wonder if, based on this hotel's history only, it makes any sense to take that NOR1 "improve my chances" offer for my mid-March booking?
Old Feb 25, 2014, 8:53 am

Two weeks ago I was stranded in Tokyo one extra day due to snow chaos at Haneda, I booked this hotel late in the afternoon and checked in around 4PM and was upgraded to a TWIN TOWER SUITE EXECUTIVE

I was very impressed by this hotel and the lounge, its probably my best Hilton stay ever. Very impressed and my fav Hilton hotel at the moment.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 5:08 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA 1k.
A sort of an update to my post here.

Spent two nights in Hilton Tokyo and were upgraded to Exec floor, Jr. Suite (36th floor).

Everything was excellent. Very accommodating staff, excellent service. The exec lounge food was very good. I only wish they kept the pre-dinner service past 8pm since we missed it one night. On the positive side, that gave us a good reason to eat out.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 1:47 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
- Name of the hotel:
Hilton Tokyo Hotel (Shinjuku)

- What is your HHonors status?
0 - not even a member

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, 100%

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Standard* (see notes below). Got room on 38th (highest) floor

- How are the rooms?
Large for Japanese standards. Very bright when you want it (blinds work very well)

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:
Everything!
Beds
Rain Shower
Bathroom amenities
Staff & Service
Breakfast Buffet
Japanese Baths on gym floor
View from hotel room
Close to transport systems

Bad:
Only minor thing was the bar closes a bit early on weekdays (we are Irish)

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
Did not try to wangle this even though I was on the executive floor

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
We got an amazing deal. Booked a room on lmt club for <50% of the prices on trivago etc, and mine included breakfast, trivago did not. At check in I presented my Plat Amex and asked if there was an upgrade possible (hotel was full btw). Got top floor, larger room and free wifi for the full stay due to being on the executive floor.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 9:04 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold,VS, BA.
Does anyone know if there is a large difference between the KING & QUEEN rooms at this property? Aside from presumably a different bed - difference in views, floor, amenities etc?

Booked a 2 night Cash & Points (Sun/Mon) stay in a few months time in a KING room. Want to extend the stay to include the Sat (revenue booking) - but only QUEEN rooms remain for this date.

Ideally would like to stay in the same room for all 3 nights and get reception to merge the bookings - is this best to do in advance via the hotel concierge? As a Gold, is there a chance might get an u/g anyway?

Their descriptions of the two room types are almost identical and on the nights that both are available - the prices are the same. Just wondered if anyone had any experience of this. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.