Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton gift card from Amex: for all HH family brands?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton gift card from Amex: for all HH family brands?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:49 pm

I also can't figure out how to use this for a room rate that is non-refundable / prepaid. There's no way to do so on the Hilton website and when I called the person told me they can only be used for refundable rates because you need to present the gift card in person (?!) - has anyone had success?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 7:47 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Anyone have DP on using these cards at Hilton properties outside the US? Have some stays lined up in the next month where I would like to use these. Could use them all in the US, but would rather use them ASAP and my bookings are front loaded int'l. Does the hotel just use the standard exchange rate at the time since the cards are issued in USD?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:24 pm

bought 2 $50 gift cards separately to try it out before i bought another two. lucky i didnt buy all 4. realized after they came in that they can't be used for room reservations. exact wording from the terms and conditions on the site "RESTRICTION: Card may not be used to hold hotel reservations." Not only is this font really small and barley stands out its can only be found in the terms and conditions which are at the bottom of the order page. doesn't even tell you on the FAQs page. calling tomorrow for a refund
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by mirskyc
bought 2 $50 gift cards separately to try it out before i bought another two. lucky i didnt buy all 4. realized after they came in that they can't be used for room reservations. exact wording from the terms and conditions on the site "RESTRICTION: Card may not be used to hold hotel reservations." Not only is this font really small and barley stands out its can only be found in the terms and conditions which are at the bottom of the order page. doesn't even tell you on the FAQs page. calling tomorrow for a refund
Are you booking a pre-paid rate? Otherwise you can use a real credit card to guarantee the reservation, and pay with the gift card at the hotel.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 5:13 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
Originally Posted by jtav559
Anyone have DP on using these cards at Hilton properties outside the US? Have some stays lined up in the next month where I would like to use these. Could use them all in the US, but would rather use them ASAP and my bookings are front loaded int'l. Does the hotel just use the standard exchange rate at the time since the cards are issued in USD?
I used these in New Zealand recently and was offered a reasonable 69.00NZD for each 50$ gift card, a rate within 2% of the average Interbank conversion rate in effect that day.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by jtav559
Used 8 for a stay at Hong Kong. Yes, hotel use spot rate. No conversion fee.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by progapanda
I used these in New Zealand recently and was offered a reasonable 69.00NZD for each 50$ gift card, a rate within 2% of the average Interbank conversion rate in effect that day.
Wait - really? I was about to post a DP of NOT being able to use them in NZ. I tried at the Hilton Auckland and Hilton Queenstown and was told they don't take those
Old Jan 28, 2018, 8:47 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
No problems using them at the Doubletree Chateau on the Park in Christchurch.

Originally Posted by Exterous
Wait - really? I was about to post a DP of NOT being able to use them in NZ. I tried at the Hilton Auckland and Hilton Queenstown and was told they don't take those
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:36 am

Programs: The Golden status boy
Originally Posted by Exterous
Used mine at the Hilton Auckland 2 weeks ago without issue. Used overage at the bar too.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by spankytoes

Used mine at the Hilton Auckland 2 weeks ago without issue. Used overage at the bar too.
*grumble*
Old Feb 1, 2018, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by CalvaryMike
CYBERHILT
This free shipping code expired last year.

Has anyone found a new free shipping code? Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 4, 2018, 1:13 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by insular
Used 8 for a stay at Hong Kong. Yes, hotel use spot rate. No conversion fee.
Originally Posted by progapanda
No problems using them at the Doubletree Chateau on the Park in Christchurch.
Originally Posted by spankytoes

Well I am glad it worked for someone! Had $100 usd in cards to burn at Conrad in Dublin, front desk could not figure out how to make them work to chip away at my room/bar tab. No worries, as I have domestic Hilton stays coming up soon.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: AA PLT 1MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Gold, National Exec, Hertz 5-Star
Originally Posted by markr33
This free shipping code expired last year.

Has anyone found a new free shipping code? Thanks in advance!
There is free standard and expedited shipping at the moment.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Havek
There is free standard and expedited shipping at the moment.
I just attempted to place an order and they are still charging shipping for both standard and expedited methods. Do you have any other information about what exactly you did to see free shipping (reminder: the shipping only gets added to the total on the last screen before "place order" appears).
Old Feb 7, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Shipping is free using buyhiltongiftcards.com, both for standard and expedited.

Shipping Options
Standard - FREE
Expedited - FREE
Rush $15.95

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.