Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

“Points Unlimited” Rolls Out Jan 1, 2018

“Points Unlimited” Rolls Out Jan 1, 2018

Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:13 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by mranwa
Hi, new member but have been lurking a while. Great site and kudos to all that make this site great.

Regarding this current promotion, I know it has been asked a few times, on whether incidental spent is required. Some reported yes, some reported no.
Just wanted to share my experience. So far I've always spent something on my reward night, just to be sure I get the points. During my last stay, I charge for something but when the points posted, I got the bonus points and myway points but no points from the incidental spent (stayed at double tree). Now it makes me wonder, maybe incidental spent for reward night is not required for the bonus points to post? Anybody else has any experience?
I had 2 reward stays WITHOUT any incidental spend this month, both stays received the 2K bonus points.
Welcome to Flyertalk btw; :-)
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Delectatio
I had 2 reward stays WITHOUT any incidental spend this month, both stays received the 2K bonus points.
Welcome to Flyertalk btw; :-)
As a historical fact, these promos have often contained a warning that incidentals are required on award stays; yet, so far there have been reports each time that that is not the case.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 8:30 pm

Thanks Delectatio and Points Scrounger.
I remember you mentioned this earlier up in this thread Points Scrounger, about whenever a new promo, people will be doing incidental spent, then one day somebody report no spent needed.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
You ought to request credit for those incidentals. On rare occasion, they are Non Qualifying, but ask.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:16 pm

Thanks Points Scrouger, will do so.
I charge the same thing each stay, so far all posted, only that one stay the incidental (same hotel, same item charge) was not posted. I am waiting for the points activity to show up in my app before doing something about it. There is always a lag between points in the account and the points activity showing up in the app/website.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
my night number 20 this year will be on april 30th. what do you think, does it still count within the promotion and get me the 10k extra?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by chrissxb
my night number 20 this year will be on april 30th. what do you think, does it still count within the promotion and get me the 10k extra?
So that's check-in 30 Apr, checkout 1 May? I think "stay" means "stay the night of..." rather than "check out on...", so yes in my book.

But a no based on the T&C in next post. I hadn't recalled it being written that way.

Last edited by EsherFlyer; Feb 1, 2018 at 2:56 am
Old Jan 31, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by chrissxb
This promotion is about STAYS, not NIGHTS, 10k bonus points for every 5 STAYS, and you need to check out on April 30th for that stay to count for the promotion.

This is clearly written in the TC's :

"If I check-in before January 1, 2018 or check-out after April 30, 2018, do I still earn credit for that stay?
Registered Hilton Honors members will receive a bonus only for the nights of an eligible stay completed during the Promotion Period, regardless of a check-in date before the Promotion Period begins or a check-out date after the Promotion Period ends."
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Ugh. So I have an opportunity to ramp up my Hilton nights dramatically this quarter but they are all pretty much 4+ night stays so this is very poor compared to previous 2x/3x points promotions. SPG has the 2x point promotion going and and just sent me a targeted additional 2x points through May 31st. Add in the 500pt/night for Green Choice and Starwood is a no brainer for me. I asked the Diamond desk if they could throw in anything else to get them to come close and they told me how I could extend my Diamond status this year since I only qualified for Gold last year :S. Yeah, I knew that already, thanks... I guess it is off to the Sheraton although it will be a much longer walk or have to get the shuttle or Uber.

Hilton has GOT to up their game! wow...
Old Mar 1, 2018, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by dmodemd
Ugh. So I have an opportunity to ramp up my Hilton nights dramatically this quarter but they are all pretty much 4+ night stays so this is very poor compared to previous 2x/3x points promotions. SPG has the 2x point promotion going and and just sent me a targeted additional 2x points through May 31st. Add in the 500pt/night for Green Choice and Starwood is a no brainer for me. I asked the Diamond desk if they could throw in anything else to get them to come close and they told me how I could extend my Diamond status this year since I only qualified for Gold last year :S. Yeah, I knew that already, thanks... I guess it is off to the Sheraton although it will be a much longer walk or have to get the shuttle or Uber.

Hilton has GOT to up their game! wow...
But similarly, there will be others who are crossing over to Hilton for this per stay promo..
Old Mar 2, 2018, 5:13 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Delectatio
This promotion is about STAYS, not NIGHTS, 10k bonus points for every 5 STAYS, and you need to check out on April 30th for that stay to count for the promotion.

This is clearly written in the TC's :

"If I check-in before January 1, 2018 or check-out after April 30, 2018, do I still earn credit for that stay?
Registered Hilton Honors members will receive a bonus only for the nights of an eligible stay completed during the Promotion Period, regardless of a check-in date before the Promotion Period begins or a check-out date after the Promotion Period ends."
I would think that as long as your stay bridges the start or end date, it still counts as a stay. Note above it says nights during the period counts which would hence be part of the stay.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 5:55 pm

Programs: Delta DM for now
Originally Posted by PayItForward
But similarly, there will be others who are crossing over to Hilton for this per stay promo..
Exactly. I only have two SPG stays so far this year because of this Hilton promo. I'll hit stay number 20 next week and requalify for Diamond for next year by the time this promo is over.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by TuxTom
Exactly. I only have two SPG stays so far this year because of this Hilton promo. I'll hit stay number 20 next week and requalify for Diamond for next year by the time this promo is over.
Same here, generally happy with this promo. Hitting stay 23 today. Certain not good for long stay but good for hotel hopping or multiple single night stays like me.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
The faq said we need incidental charge to get the bonus but people report differently. I hope they update the faq.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 4:01 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
FYI, all - It's almost April 30, so... ending soon!

This has been a pretty good run for me because I had a bunch of one-nighters this winter/spring. I haven't been work-traveling for a while, so squeaking into Diamond these days with a lot of hops.

Got the 10k bonus a while back, hopefully should clear another by end of month. So, 20k plus the little 2k bumps all along the way is nice. Of course, I fear a devaluation-shoe-dropping soon, but am burning up points this year as well so I don't get caught with a couple million+ like I did last deval.

Almost time for for the "what's the next promo?" questions to start!

TDM

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.