Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

“Points Unlimited” Rolls Out Jan 1, 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Points Unlimited” Rolls Out Jan 1, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2017, 10:53 pm

Programs: United Premier 1k, Hertz Presidents Circle, Hilton Diamond
It's a nice promo for shorter stays. I normally don't stay anywhere more than a day so it's basically 4K extra points per day. Nice bonus!
Old Dec 23, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Bah humbug....wish it was 2,000 points per night not per stay....
Old Dec 23, 2017, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
not a fan of this promo. Multi night stays at expensive properties ... not working for me.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I was really hoping to get away from hotel hopping, but alas I suppose that can wait until after this promo.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 6:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I think it's great that Hilton includes points stay in the count...both for the extra 2,000 and to get to the 10. I know Marriott does not count points stays in their promos.

Very much appreciated, it does help a lot.

And while I have a pricey multi-day resort stay this time which would have been fabulous to get double points (not just 2,000), what can you do?
Old Dec 25, 2017, 6:27 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Points Unlimited v.s. Hampton

@HonorsRepresentative Lauren

Could you please clarify the following (which is part of the FAQ), in relation to "Reward" stays at Hamptons. Does this mean that when staying at a Hampton on a reward stay, you will not be eligible for this promotion?
Know that at Hamptons no points will be earned for incidental charges for "Reward" or "Points and Money" stays, how does this relate to this FAQ entry?

Will members earn Bonus Points with the “Points Unlimited” promotion for Reward Stays for this promotion?
Members will earn Bonus Points with the “Points Unlimited” promotion if they have incidental charges during a Reward Stay, provided such charges are deemed eligible folio charges. This does not apply to incidental charges for stays at Hampton by Hilton™, Tru by Hilton™, Homewood Suites by Hilton®, and Home2 Suites by Hilton®. For a complete explanation, see number 14 under Accrual of Points here.

Last edited by wkan0; Dec 25, 2017 at 7:12 am
Old Dec 25, 2017, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Good promo! Happy HH is starting the year strong!
Old Dec 25, 2017, 10:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Just realized I'm going to get totally hosed by this promo, with a moderately expensive stay ending on Jan. 1. Bonus points reduced from over 8K under double points to only 2K.

2018 will be a year to burn, not earn, Hilton points for me.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 7:21 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by IggySD

There are very few locations with only one Hilton property. Almost every individual who complains about this being a bad promo because they have longer stays has the option of switching hotels every night in order to take advantage. Whether the hassle is worth it is a choice only you can make but it is a choice.
You seem to think that everyone travels to large cities. There are hundreds of cities that just have one Hampton.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy

You seem to think that everyone travels to large cities. There are hundreds of cities that just have one Hampton.
Which I would still wager is a small portion of the total number of cities with a Hilton presence and most likely applies to an even smaller percentage of the people complaining. And even in those cases I doubt that there are many locations where the Hilton property is the only hotel in town at all, there's nothing preventing you from switching to another brand every other night, most of those places probably have a Marriott property which also has a stay based promo going on. Except for those folks whose employers will not reimburse if they hotel hop it's a choice of how much inconvenience one is willing to put up with to take advantage of the promo.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 2:21 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by wkan0
@HonorsRepresentative Lauren

Could you please clarify the following (which is part of the FAQ), in relation to "Reward" stays at Hamptons. Does this mean that when staying at a Hampton on a reward stay, you will not be eligible for this promotion?
Know that at Hamptons no points will be earned for incidental charges for "Reward" or "Points and Money" stays, how does this relate to this FAQ entry?

Will members earn Bonus Points with the “Points Unlimited” promotion for Reward Stays for this promotion?
Members will earn Bonus Points with the “Points Unlimited” promotion if they have incidental charges during a Reward Stay, provided such charges are deemed eligible folio charges. This does not apply to incidental charges for stays at Hampton by Hilton™, Tru by Hilton™, Homewood Suites by Hilton®, and Home2 Suites by Hilton®. For a complete explanation, see number 14 under Accrual of Points here.
Hi wkan0,

While the incidentals at those properties wouldn’t trigger the Point Bonus, if you stay at a Hampton, you will still get the 2K Bonus Points per stay and it will count towards your 5 Stay Bonus.

Thanks!
Lauren
Old Dec 28, 2017, 12:35 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi wkan0,

While the incidentals at those properties wouldn’t trigger the Point Bonus, if you stay at a Hampton, you will still get the 2K Bonus Points per stay and it will count towards your 5 Stay Bonus.

Thanks!
Lauren
Lauren, thanks for your reply. Does this mean that even in case you did not have any incidental charges at all, at Hampton, Tru and Homewood/Home2 suites, you still get the 2K/5K Bonus points?

Furthermore, a promo requirement to have eligible charges at the other properties is new for me. Wouldn't it be better to state it also in the T&C, instead of only in the FAQ? Just to avoid people getting unpleasant surprises after a stay (in case they didn't have any incidental charges), because not everybody reads the FAQ also.

Last edited by wkan0; Dec 28, 2017 at 12:51 am
Old Dec 28, 2017, 12:52 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by wkan0
Furthermore, a promo requirement to have eligible charges at the other properties is new for me. Wouldn't it be better to state it also in the T&C, instead of only in the FAQ? Just to avoid people getting unpleasant surprises after a stay (in case they didn't have any incidental charges), because not everybody reads the FAQ also.
Well I did miss that part! That's a real biggie to know in advance!
Old Dec 28, 2017, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I mention that we have been down this road before. Initially, there is an incidental spend requirement mentioned where folks run around buying cans of soda and candy bars at Hamptons; then, someone posts they got a bonus without any incidentals whatsoever for their award stay. There appears to be a difference in either interpretation or programmer-coding between the official Hilton FAQ statement and the actual result with these type of promos.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 10:07 am

It appears many people forget what a "promotion" is intended to do...encourage people to stay at a hotel. If you already booked your hotel stay, you didn't need a promotion to encourage yourself to do so. If you're checking out on January 1, then either this promotion should encourage you to stay another day. I don't see how someone staying mainly in December, 2017 is getting hosed by a promotion specifically designed for the first 4 months of 2018.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.