Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn New York Times Square South {US-NY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn New York Times Square South {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2017, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Garden Inn New York Times Square South {US-NY}

Hilton Garden Inn New York Times Square South

326 West 37th Street New York, NY US 10018

HGI Times Square South (0 Photo)

Hilton Garden Inn New York Times Square South

This HGI opened about 2 months ago.  It's roughly about 4 blocks away from both Penn Station and Times Square.

Check In

We arrived approximately 1:30pm, mentioned we were a bit early to check in, but asked if any rooms were available.  At first, they didn't have any.  We used the restroom and after getting a few items from our bags we would need until checkin, they took another look and saw a room had opened, which they gave to us.  The hosts were always friendly and, even though there was a lot of people, service was quick and thorough.

Room

We made our way up to Room 1907, located at the end of the hall. I never noticed any noise in the hallway.  Other than a firetruck and other sirens, didn't notice any noise from the streets.  The HVAC blower seemed to blow a lot of cold air, even though the thermostat was set from 73 - 75 degrees to try to warm the room.  It wasn't overly cool in the room, unless you were standing near the blower.  There's no place to hide anything in the room - the only storage areas are three wire baskets under the desk/counter, and a small closet, mostly taken up with the ironing board, extra blanket, and a few other things.  No safe.  The bed and pillows were comfortable. The alarm clock had multiple cords for phone/tablet charging (iPhone, iPad, Android).  TV easy to use and clear.  Bathroom also lacked storage space; just a counter and a few shelves over the toilet, mostly holding extra towels.  Shower had conveniently located handle to turn on/off shower.

Dining

Went downstairs for a late breakfast; free for Gold members.  A health inspection was going on during the time, so a lot of the staff was busy dealing with that.  After that was completed, the cook did a great job trying to catch up with the remaining diners.  The table service was a little lacking though - the server would clear off some items from empty tables, but not all items at a time.  We didn't see him wipe a single table clean.  It would've been better to see him completely clear and reset one or two tables at a time, rather than trying to do a little at each table, leaving an entire restaurant with unfinished and unclean tables.

Midway between 8th and 9th streets, on 37th Street.  Convenient and easy to walk to/from Times Square, the Port Authority Bus Terminal and Penn Station.

Overall

Overall, it wasn't a bad hotel.  The most annoyences we had was the cold air blowing in the room and watching the server jump failing to properly clearing and cleaning tables.

HGI Times Square South

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton Garden Inn New York Times Square South?

No, thank you.
Yes
jcneve likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; IHG Spire Elite
thanks for the report. Staying there in March. Any suggestions for room preferences?
Old Dec 15, 2017, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sterlingguy
thanks for the report. Staying there in March. Any suggestions for room preferences?
Probably typical NYC advise: Higher up should mean less street noise. Attached is the floor plan for the 19th floor. Note there was no ice or vending machines on this floor. Not sure exactly where they're located. Rooms 1907-1912 faced the north; large buildings obstructed most views. Looking to the left you can see some of the ramps for the PA Bus Terminal several blocks away.

Old Mar 24, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
We just stayed here for a night, our room 2107 did have a safe at the bottom of the closet which made it necessary to kneel on the floor to use it. There was an ice machine at our end of the hall. Nice enough hotel and room on a fairly gritty garment district street. Walk over to 9th Avenue and head north for restaurants and bars starting past the bus terminal.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 1:07 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Just back from a night here, and decent enough hotel and I got a good nights sleep, which is mostly what I need from a hotel room! My digital key was ready about midday which was nice, so I could check out of The Hilton TS and make my way down without having to store my bags anywhere.

One issue however was that I'm sure one of the $4 water bottles (free for those with status) had already been opened. The seal didn't snap like it normally does and then when looking at the bottle the water looked slightly different to the other bottle which definitely was sealed. The small neck on the bottle makes it hard to see if it's been opened. Not the hotels fault though I'll try and take more notice next time before I open bottles that have been left in the room. Do people really do things like this to save $4?

Ordered some take out from Doylers, the Irish Bar on the ground floor, they do deliver to the room, or you can pick it up in the bar. Tasty food and nice Irish staff

Rooms are small, but they have everything you need. Lots of USB ports around the room and decent sound proofing. I'll be back.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 9:21 pm

Just had a quick overnight here.

Good:
  • Two bottles of water for being a silver member
  • Clean room, decently modern
  • Less than 5 minute walk from Penn Station/Moynihan Hall
  • Prompt/courteous check-in and check-out
Meh:
  • Room was on the small side, but for the price I paid I can't complain too much
  • View was a brick wall, but I was only here for a quick 7 hour overnight before a flight out in the morning, so I can't complain too much
Bad:
  • I got assigned a room on the second floor, so there was some noise from a night club. Fortunately I had some ear plugs and with those in I had no problem falling asleep.
  • Water pressure was surprisingly wimpy, not something I expected

Weird:
  • No drawers for clothing, only wire baskets. Didn't really matter since I was only here for 6-7 hours or so.

I'd stay here again, though hopefully on a higher floor.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 6:38 am

I didn't realize there was a thread for this hotel or I would have left a review last year. I spent a week here and it's a pretty normal hotel. Definitely a convenient location to walk to a lot of things. No issues.

​​​​​​The main thing I liked about it though was I stayed up on a pretty high floor and slept like a log. My room was high up and on the back side of the hotel and I think it's one of the quietest places I've ever stayed in Manhattan.
Kerrirdh likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.