Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Points Pooling - Account Closed. Beware !!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MaldivesFreak
Here is a link to Hilton T & C on pooling:

http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/p...money/faq.html

1. What is Points Pooling?
Points Pooling will allow Hilton Honors Members to combine their Points with family and friends to book a stay. With this perk, a Member (and up to 10 others) will now be able to combine their Points. For example, if a group of friends are taking a trip together and individually don’t have enough Points to cover their entire stay, they will now be able to combine their Points, free of charge, into one account to unlock new redemption opportunities.

2. Is there a fee to participate in the Points Pooling program?
No, there is no fee to participate in Points Pooling.

3. How many people can contribute to Points Pooling?
A total of 11 Hilton Honors Members can pool their Points together. One Member initiates the pooling and up to 10 other Members can contribute.

4. Do I need to create a new "pooled" account?
No. Members can use their existing account.

5. How many Points Pools can I be in?
There is no limit on the number of pools a member can be in at a given time.

6. Can you use Pooled Points for just room rates or can it be used for non-room rewards including shopping and experiences?
Yes, once Points are pooled, they can be used for any room or non-room reward product, including the experiences available on the Hilton Honors auction platform, Hilton Honors Shopping Mall and any other non-room reward products.

7. Can you combine Pooled Points with money?
Once Points are pooled they can be used for any room reward product, including a Points & Money Rewards™ reward reservation.

8. What is the minimum/maximum number of Points that can be pooled?
A Member can transfer a minimum of 1,000 Points and a maximum of 500,000 Points into a pool in a calendar year. A Member can receive up to 2 million Points in a calendar year.

9. Are there particular qualifications you must meet to be able to pool Points?
To use Points Pooling, you must be an active Member, be in the program for 30 days, and have a minimum Points balance of 1,000 Points.

10. When will Points Pooling be available?
Points Pooling is now available. Start pooling your Hilton Honors Points here.

11. When will the Points be shown in the other Member’s account and be ready for use?
The transferred or pooled Points will be available for use at the time of transfer, but please allow up to 24 hours for pooled Points to show up when you log in to your account.

12. Where and how do I Points Pool once I have a group of Members that want to combine Points?
All Points Pooling activities will be transacted online via HiltonHonors.com.

13. Where do I go to transfer my Points to the Points Pool initiator?
The Points contributor must access the transfer page through the Points Pool invitation email sent on behalf ot the Points Pool initiator.

14. What’s the difference between Points Pooling and Points Transfer?
Points Transfer is a 1:1 transaction, while Points Pooling allows for combining Hilton Honors Points with up to 10 other people (11 including yourself).

15. After I send Points to a friend for Pooling, what happens if he/she cancels the trip? How can I get my Points back?
If your friend has to cancel his/her trip, he/she can simply transfer the Points back to your account for free.
Print Wikipost

Hilton Points Pooling - Account Closed. Beware !!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2017, 6:29 pm

Gosh, it's almost as if one could get a lot of people worked up by posting unsubstantiated claims if they wanted to. Hmmm.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Gosh, it's almost as if one could get a lot of people worked up by posting unsubstantiated claims if they wanted to. Hmmm.
The problem is, are they unsubstantiated or are they not? This should not be a guessing game for the Honors members.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by arlflyer
I wonder what a "I pooled points and nothing bad happened to me" thread would look like?

I haven't pooled points because nobody loves me and I travel solo most of the time
Old Oct 24, 2017, 8:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by krazykanuck

I haven't pooled points because nobody loves me and I travel solo most of the time
That pretty much sums it up for me as well
Cymro and HomerJay like this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Well I would like to know, BEFORE I pool points with my husband, what is going to happen.

After they take away our half a million points is going to be too late!
actually this is also what I wanted to know, was thinking of making my wife a new account (blue) and purchase points during sale and pool it to my account to redeem a 5 night stays.

If there's anything in this scenario that will cause both account to be closed then I don't think it's worth it.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I wonder what a "I pooled points and nothing bad happened to me" thread would look like?

I’ll add you as a pool partner, you transfer 250k to me, and we’ll test it out. M’kay?

Originally Posted by sandyph
actually this is also what I wanted to know, was thinking of making my wife a new account (blue) and purchase points during sale and pool it to my account to redeem a 5 night stays.

If there's anything in this scenario that will cause both account to be closed then I don't think it's worth it.
I tried that last year and it didn’t work. A new account has to be open for awhile (30 or 90 days) before they can buy points.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I tried that last year and it didn’t work. A new account has to be open for awhile (30 or 90 days) before they can buy points.
oh, good to know

guess I'll make that account now and hopefully there are another sale mid next year
Old Oct 25, 2017, 2:09 am

Having read most of the other threads the first question that I would probably ask is where in the world is the OP as most of the reported issues so far on here have been from members based in one particular region.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
It is quite simple, don't pool HH points! There are hardly any legitimate needs for pooling (use the points in the HH account to which they were earned or purchased period) and I can certainly understand why this raises a fraud alert with HH (transfer of points recently purchased, new members getting elite status from status match, certain parts of the world involved etc).
Old Oct 25, 2017, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SK AAR
It is quite simple, don't pool HH points! There are hardly any legitimate needs for pooling (use the points in the HH account to which they were earned or purchased period) and I can certainly understand why this raises a fraud alert with HH (transfer of points recently purchased, new members getting elite status from status match, certain parts of the world involved etc).
Why have a feature and not be allowed to use it?

Families often have one member with top status, and others with none. It certainly makes sense to use pooled points to book from the Diamond members account.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
It certainly makes sense to use pooled points to book from the Diamond members account.
In my view this is not a legitimate use of HH points (trying to avail yourself of HHD status of someone else).
Old Oct 25, 2017, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In my view this is not a legitimate use of HH points (trying to avail yourself of HHD status of someone else).
So, you’re a couple. Your partner has points in their account for a reward booking. You think it’s against the rules for the partner with higher status to use their pooled points for this booking?

Wasn’t a spouse account that pooled points a feature in the past?

Last edited by Jaimito Cartero; Oct 25, 2017 at 3:45 am
Old Oct 25, 2017, 3:42 am

and you can pool to get enough points for the 5th night free
Old Oct 25, 2017, 5:30 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
It is an irrelevant use of points since the points award can be switched into the name of the diamond member, although pooling points seems like an easier option.

But unless the pooling and awards stay happened and Hilton became aware that the diamond member did not actually stay there is no reason to close an account.

If my spouse and I each had 100K points and were going for two nights to a 70k property I would logically pool points and make one reservation.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 6:27 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Wasn’t a spouse account that pooled points a feature in the past?
Yes-and my spouse and I still have a joint account that was grandfathered in a decade? or more ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.