Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Points Pooling - Account Closed. Beware !!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MaldivesFreak
Here is a link to Hilton T & C on pooling:

http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/p...money/faq.html

1. What is Points Pooling?
Points Pooling will allow Hilton Honors Members to combine their Points with family and friends to book a stay. With this perk, a Member (and up to 10 others) will now be able to combine their Points. For example, if a group of friends are taking a trip together and individually don’t have enough Points to cover their entire stay, they will now be able to combine their Points, free of charge, into one account to unlock new redemption opportunities.

2. Is there a fee to participate in the Points Pooling program?
No, there is no fee to participate in Points Pooling.

3. How many people can contribute to Points Pooling?
A total of 11 Hilton Honors Members can pool their Points together. One Member initiates the pooling and up to 10 other Members can contribute.

4. Do I need to create a new "pooled" account?
No. Members can use their existing account.

5. How many Points Pools can I be in?
There is no limit on the number of pools a member can be in at a given time.

6. Can you use Pooled Points for just room rates or can it be used for non-room rewards including shopping and experiences?
Yes, once Points are pooled, they can be used for any room or non-room reward product, including the experiences available on the Hilton Honors auction platform, Hilton Honors Shopping Mall and any other non-room reward products.

7. Can you combine Pooled Points with money?
Once Points are pooled they can be used for any room reward product, including a Points & Money Rewards™ reward reservation.

8. What is the minimum/maximum number of Points that can be pooled?
A Member can transfer a minimum of 1,000 Points and a maximum of 500,000 Points into a pool in a calendar year. A Member can receive up to 2 million Points in a calendar year.

9. Are there particular qualifications you must meet to be able to pool Points?
To use Points Pooling, you must be an active Member, be in the program for 30 days, and have a minimum Points balance of 1,000 Points.

10. When will Points Pooling be available?
Points Pooling is now available. Start pooling your Hilton Honors Points here.

11. When will the Points be shown in the other Member’s account and be ready for use?
The transferred or pooled Points will be available for use at the time of transfer, but please allow up to 24 hours for pooled Points to show up when you log in to your account.

12. Where and how do I Points Pool once I have a group of Members that want to combine Points?
All Points Pooling activities will be transacted online via HiltonHonors.com.

13. Where do I go to transfer my Points to the Points Pool initiator?
The Points contributor must access the transfer page through the Points Pool invitation email sent on behalf ot the Points Pool initiator.

14. What’s the difference between Points Pooling and Points Transfer?
Points Transfer is a 1:1 transaction, while Points Pooling allows for combining Hilton Honors Points with up to 10 other people (11 including yourself).

15. After I send Points to a friend for Pooling, what happens if he/she cancels the trip? How can I get my Points back?
If your friend has to cancel his/her trip, he/she can simply transfer the Points back to your account for free.
Print Wikipost

Hilton Points Pooling - Account Closed. Beware !!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP - There are other threads on the same topic. It may be good to merge these because there is a consistent pattern here.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Why offer pooling if they’re just going to close down accounts? I was thinking of having my wife buy some points during the next sale, but with these type of reports, I’m not sure if it’s a chance worth taking.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
We need some swift and sure clarification (Lauren?) as to what constitutes bad pooling. I was going to pool some of my points into my husband's since he's Diamond and I'm Gold but now I'm scared to death to do so.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, VA Platinum
I have not read the terms for pooling yet but can you pool purchased points. Is it something simple that the system allows you to do it but it is against the terms and conditions and they do a sweep looking for specific transactions then close them.

I also would have thought you would get a warning like other programs and a suspension while they wait for your reply.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
We need some swift and sure clarification (Lauren?) as to what constitutes bad pooling. I was going to pool some of my points into my husband's since he's Diamond and I'm Gold but now I'm scared to death to do so.
Agreed. My husband (Gold) and I pooled his points into my (Diamond) account as soon as this was made available. A significant number of points, too; as in +150k. There is no funny business in either of our accounts and we only book points stays for ourselves. But it is still concerning. Assuming, of course, that there isn't more to these stories, as there usually seems to be.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
We have two reports of account closure for pooling activities. Both reports involve status matched diamonds. One involved purchased points being pooled and extensive customer service points being issued. Maybe the OP of this thread can tell us if he purchased points or made numerous complaints like in the other thread.

I'm not sure we can draw any conclusions yet about whether everyone that pools points is in danger based upon these two reports. And I'm pretty sure Lauren or anyone else from Hilton will not be commenting on closure of accounts for violations of t and c's such as in the first thread.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
One of two things is going on here:

(1) There's a scam somewhere out there whereby people are somehow generating HHonors points in a fraudulent manner and then selling/pooling them into single accounts. The underlying points are the fraud - not the act of pooling them. I don't understand how this would work, but the influx of low-post-count people with this exact same problem makes me wonder. A hacker out there selling points or whole accounts?

(2) There's a system problem at HHonors, where the new pooling feature is tripping some outdated code that looks at this as suspicious activity.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
We have two reports of account closure for pooling activities.
There are some other accounts here as well:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...t-closure.html
Old Oct 24, 2017, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
There are some other accounts here as well:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...t-closure.html
Ok, so one report on a non English speaking forum in this post:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28942714-post2.html
So three reports of account closure for pooling issues.

I read Jimgotkp's post about problems with pooling as one that he wasn't able to complete a pooling request. He says there has been no account closure. Pooling has had problems since it started with failed pooling requests, there are a number of reports like Jimgotkp's in the general pooling/new perks thread.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 5:12 pm

This is quite worrying. I agree there needs to be some clarifications here.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 5:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Finkface
Agreed. My husband (Gold) and I pooled his points into my (Diamond) account as soon as this was made available. A significant number of points, too; as in +150k. There is no funny business in either of our accounts and we only book points stays for ourselves. But it is still concerning. Assuming, of course, that there isn't more to these stories, as there usually seems to be.
This is identical to my situation; my wife (diamond) and I (diamond) both buy points, she does not have my surname; and we have been pooling points since it was allowed. We only travel together and only use our points for our own stays, so definitely no funny business going on here. This unilateral closing of accounts without zero due process is a concern, legitimate concern.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 5:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pinniped
One of two things is going on here:

(1) There's a scam somewhere out there whereby people are somehow generating HHonors points in a fraudulent manner and then selling/pooling them into single accounts. The underlying points are the fraud - not the act of pooling them. I don't understand how this would work, but the influx of low-post-count people with this exact same problem makes me wonder. A hacker out there selling points or whole accounts?

(2) There's a system problem at HHonors, where the new pooling feature is tripping some outdated code that looks at this as suspicious activity.

The first is what I have assumed is going on (or something along those lines). Audit/Fraud depart uncovered some fraudulent activity involving transfers and are actively looking for similar.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by Miesque
The first is what I have assumed is going on (or something along those lines). Audit/Fraud depart uncovered some fraudulent activity involving transfers and are actively looking for similar.
WHAT constitutes fraud to Hilton??? We need answers!
Old Oct 24, 2017, 6:04 pm

Could we perhaps just pause for a moment and note that 2-3 anonymous, first-time posts on Internet message boards do not, necessarily, hard facts make? Perhaps this is the tip of a very legitimate and disconcerting iceberg, or perhaps it is not.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Could we perhaps just pause for a moment and note that 2-3 anonymous, first-time posts on Internet message boards do not, necessarily, hard facts make? Perhaps this is the tip of a very legitimate and disconcerting iceberg, or perhaps it is not.
Well I would like to know, BEFORE I pool points with my husband, what is going to happen.

After they take away our half a million points is going to be too late!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.