Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Points Pooling - Account Closed. Beware !!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MaldivesFreak
Here is a link to Hilton T & C on pooling:

http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/p...money/faq.html

1. What is Points Pooling?
Points Pooling will allow Hilton Honors Members to combine their Points with family and friends to book a stay. With this perk, a Member (and up to 10 others) will now be able to combine their Points. For example, if a group of friends are taking a trip together and individually don’t have enough Points to cover their entire stay, they will now be able to combine their Points, free of charge, into one account to unlock new redemption opportunities.

2. Is there a fee to participate in the Points Pooling program?
No, there is no fee to participate in Points Pooling.

3. How many people can contribute to Points Pooling?
A total of 11 Hilton Honors Members can pool their Points together. One Member initiates the pooling and up to 10 other Members can contribute.

4. Do I need to create a new "pooled" account?
No. Members can use their existing account.

5. How many Points Pools can I be in?
There is no limit on the number of pools a member can be in at a given time.

6. Can you use Pooled Points for just room rates or can it be used for non-room rewards including shopping and experiences?
Yes, once Points are pooled, they can be used for any room or non-room reward product, including the experiences available on the Hilton Honors auction platform, Hilton Honors Shopping Mall and any other non-room reward products.

7. Can you combine Pooled Points with money?
Once Points are pooled they can be used for any room reward product, including a Points & Money Rewards™ reward reservation.

8. What is the minimum/maximum number of Points that can be pooled?
A Member can transfer a minimum of 1,000 Points and a maximum of 500,000 Points into a pool in a calendar year. A Member can receive up to 2 million Points in a calendar year.

9. Are there particular qualifications you must meet to be able to pool Points?
To use Points Pooling, you must be an active Member, be in the program for 30 days, and have a minimum Points balance of 1,000 Points.

10. When will Points Pooling be available?
Points Pooling is now available. Start pooling your Hilton Honors Points here.

11. When will the Points be shown in the other Member’s account and be ready for use?
The transferred or pooled Points will be available for use at the time of transfer, but please allow up to 24 hours for pooled Points to show up when you log in to your account.

12. Where and how do I Points Pool once I have a group of Members that want to combine Points?
All Points Pooling activities will be transacted online via HiltonHonors.com.

13. Where do I go to transfer my Points to the Points Pool initiator?
The Points contributor must access the transfer page through the Points Pool invitation email sent on behalf ot the Points Pool initiator.

14. What’s the difference between Points Pooling and Points Transfer?
Points Transfer is a 1:1 transaction, while Points Pooling allows for combining Hilton Honors Points with up to 10 other people (11 including yourself).

15. After I send Points to a friend for Pooling, what happens if he/she cancels the trip? How can I get my Points back?
If your friend has to cancel his/her trip, he/she can simply transfer the Points back to your account for free.
Print Wikipost

Hilton Points Pooling - Account Closed. Beware !!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sosafan
Is it possible that your boyfriend transferred your points to another account in his name?
No. He transferred 20k and pooled 30k to me for my trip to Beijing

​​​​all failed and complaint to FB CS, they filed a case but accounts closed after 2 weeks.

​​​​​it is the one and only one point transfer and pool from our accounts. It is strange and thus we post this.

Very nice about your response. You are the rare one here trying to understand, not dreaming on this case. Thanks.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globalist
I honestly think the OP is putting way too much emotion in this. This would also explain the combative attitude towards this board. In the end the OP is not right. Hilton can close the account, period.. tough luck..

The only thing you can do is appeal to reason. Send a simple letter.. maybe something like the below, remain factual.

If there is no response or a negative response, take your losses and move on. There is no other action you can take.

Globalist
Thank very much, sir. You are great.
Brendan likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Small corrections to Globalist's otherwise-excellent letter:

\Dear Hilton,

On the <insert transaction date> i have purchased <insert number> Honors points at a value of <insert price> for my Honors account. I have made another transaction on <insert transaction date> for <insert number> Honors points at a value of <insert price>.

On the <insert date> I was informed of the closure of my Honors account for supposed fraudulent transaction(s). I am not aware of any fraudulent activity in my account and have not received a detailed explanation from your side or a chance to discuss on the phone this perceived issue to clarify. why a transaction was made to prevent closure.

I am aware of the option by Hilton to close the account as per the program terms and conditions, this is not a concern where points are awarded at no cost as loyalty benefit. In this case however I have purchased points at a direct cost and am not able to enjoy the intended use because if of this account closure by Hilton. Unless the account is re-instated I would require the financial transactions to be cancelled and the funds to be returned to my credit card.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Also, is it possible to dispute/ oppose a credit-card charge with the issuing bank in China? The bank would require Hilton to defend/ explain why Zoe Tse should still pay. Or perhaps Hilton would just ignore it and let the charges be reversed.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zoe Tse
No. He transferred 20k and pooled 30k to me for my trip to Beijing

​​​​all failed and complaint to FB CS, they filed a case but accounts closed after 2 weeks.

​​​​​it is the one and only one point transfer and pool from our accounts. It is strange and thus we post this.

Very nice about your response. You are the rare one here trying to understand, not dreaming on this case. Thanks.
What is the difference between Transfer and Pool? Why he used 2 methods if both methods resulted to the same outcome?

I thought Hilton allows point pooling without cost among accounts, dont even need to be in the same household. So why do a transfer and a pooling?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by Baze
Hate it when people throw the race card when there is ZERO, ZILCH, NADA, BU, NO evidence of race having anything to do with it. Someone just making an excuse for them selves to justify their anger.
I think racial profiling is perhaps more prominent than many people are aware of. I have sympathy with the poster if she genuinely feels she has done nothing wrong but try to provide constructive feedback. Hotel chains actively encourage this and maybe it's naive not to know that they don't really want this and that this is actually just a public relations exercise.

I think in society there is an oversensitivity, including from brands regarding image. The other day a skin care brand apologised for an advert that had no racist connotation or intention, but effectively had to admit it had done something wrong to save its brand - the power of people on social media had won out. I certainly know in the workplace that being male now really counts against you as society seeks to redress the imbalance of generations before. Our media outlets are now dedicated to 50% gender-negative (male) articles..

Anyway, keeping on topic... if the poster has found similar examples online with people complaining and having the same experiences and that they happen to be chinese then I can understand this feeling of injustice. I do think there is a cultural difference here, certainly with regard to complaining. And, yes, I think it's possible that where suspicious activity typically happens from one geographic location, then this might be risk managed accordingly. But, even if this was the case (which I'm certainly not saying is), then highlighting this will not help in anyway.

I do find it alarming that an account with significant monetary value could just be shut down without warning and without further discussion.
Brendan likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:11 am

Honors pooling and account closure?

The other thread was closed, but one of the items concerned me.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...ut-reason.html

OK, so it seems (if I read the last bits correctly) that Hilton had closed the account because the two people got the credit card bonuses, bought extra points and then pooled them into one account for reward stays.

Assuming I've got the "jist" of things right, is that actually against the Terms?

I mean it would seem that 2 spouses would get independent card offers, and then wishing to stay somewhere, pool the points to use?

Is that not a "legit" use of the the new pooling system?

Just want to make sure as my partner has the card bonus (and I've had one for a while) and we want to pool the points for a reward stay, but I certainly don't want Hilton closing my account and losing all the points I've accumulated so far.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
On non-English speaking forum there were posts about transfers between the accounts that ended with accounts closures. Legitimate transfers between family members.

Someone tried to transfer points to one account but there was no sign it went through, so tried to second family member account. In general, 4 transfers were made and only one worked, third one. After transfer was finally completed, Hilton closed all three accounts.

After user complained, he got information to contact hhfraudprotection, no one else wanted to help him and he haven't heard from anyone. Not sure if it was sorted by now, or not. It was posted 11 days ago. It's quite possible that person is member here so may update us.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:34 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
I'm actually in a similar situation minus the account closure.

I transferred 1XX,XXX points to a family member's account for a stay that we were going to do together. Since I had more points than him and he has DIA status, I told him I'd cover the cost of the stay and transfer the points to his account. However, due to a change in plans we had to cancel the stay, so we initiated a transfer for the same number of points back into my account. However, the points didn't transfer even after three more attempts so we reached out to the Diamond line who informed us to email a certain @hilton.com address. After sending an email to that email address, we received an email from HH Fraud Protection saying that account is now available for actions relative to this matter. However, we're still unable to process any of the transfers/points pooling for some reason.

It seems like no department we reach out to is able to help with the actual transfer? The folks at the Diamond line were quite unhelpful...
Old Oct 17, 2017, 7:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Email back to the security folks and point out that despite unfreezing the account, the transfer isn't working. Most likely, they loused it up.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Account suddenly closed

Hello,
Looking for help with my recent Hilton Honors account closure. I have been a Diamond member the past year. I went to check a confirmation and I couldn't enter my account. Upon chatting with Hilton I was informed that my account was closed due to improper pooling of points. I am not sure what that would be. I have read the terms and conditions and everything seems fine. I have pooled some points with my wife. They canceled three of my stays that is worth 120,000 points and I am afraid that the redemption will increase or be sold out by the time this is resolved. I have emailed the Fraud department and called numerous times without any help.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:34 am

Seems like we are starting to see a recurring theme here...
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Seems like we are starting to see a recurring theme here...
And often by newcomers to Flyertalk...
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:21 pm

That being said, of course, if there is anything to be learned from these experiences, it would be very useful.

I guess a good first question to the OP would be whether his wife was new to the program, or had had an active hhonors account for some time.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
New to Flyertalk

Yes, I am new to Flyertalk. I didn't know where else to turn. We have both had accounts for over 3 years and both had Diamond status from a status match.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.