Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Points Pooling - Account Closed. Beware !!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MaldivesFreak
Here is a link to Hilton T & C on pooling:

http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/p...money/faq.html

1. What is Points Pooling?
Points Pooling will allow Hilton Honors Members to combine their Points with family and friends to book a stay. With this perk, a Member (and up to 10 others) will now be able to combine their Points. For example, if a group of friends are taking a trip together and individually don’t have enough Points to cover their entire stay, they will now be able to combine their Points, free of charge, into one account to unlock new redemption opportunities.

2. Is there a fee to participate in the Points Pooling program?
No, there is no fee to participate in Points Pooling.

3. How many people can contribute to Points Pooling?
A total of 11 Hilton Honors Members can pool their Points together. One Member initiates the pooling and up to 10 other Members can contribute.

4. Do I need to create a new "pooled" account?
No. Members can use their existing account.

5. How many Points Pools can I be in?
There is no limit on the number of pools a member can be in at a given time.

6. Can you use Pooled Points for just room rates or can it be used for non-room rewards including shopping and experiences?
Yes, once Points are pooled, they can be used for any room or non-room reward product, including the experiences available on the Hilton Honors auction platform, Hilton Honors Shopping Mall and any other non-room reward products.

7. Can you combine Pooled Points with money?
Once Points are pooled they can be used for any room reward product, including a Points & Money Rewards™ reward reservation.

8. What is the minimum/maximum number of Points that can be pooled?
A Member can transfer a minimum of 1,000 Points and a maximum of 500,000 Points into a pool in a calendar year. A Member can receive up to 2 million Points in a calendar year.

9. Are there particular qualifications you must meet to be able to pool Points?
To use Points Pooling, you must be an active Member, be in the program for 30 days, and have a minimum Points balance of 1,000 Points.

10. When will Points Pooling be available?
Points Pooling is now available. Start pooling your Hilton Honors Points here.

11. When will the Points be shown in the other Member’s account and be ready for use?
The transferred or pooled Points will be available for use at the time of transfer, but please allow up to 24 hours for pooled Points to show up when you log in to your account.

12. Where and how do I Points Pool once I have a group of Members that want to combine Points?
All Points Pooling activities will be transacted online via HiltonHonors.com.

13. Where do I go to transfer my Points to the Points Pool initiator?
The Points contributor must access the transfer page through the Points Pool invitation email sent on behalf ot the Points Pool initiator.

14. What’s the difference between Points Pooling and Points Transfer?
Points Transfer is a 1:1 transaction, while Points Pooling allows for combining Hilton Honors Points with up to 10 other people (11 including yourself).

15. After I send Points to a friend for Pooling, what happens if he/she cancels the trip? How can I get my Points back?
If your friend has to cancel his/her trip, he/she can simply transfer the Points back to your account for free.
Print Wikipost

Hilton Points Pooling - Account Closed. Beware !!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2017, 5:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by scubaccr
I stayed in an IHG UK hotel in August and the flatscreen TV, free standing (not wall/bracket mounted) were protected by some metal cord reminiscent of a laptop Kensington lock.

I am sure the odd rooms, expresso coffee machine / iron / kettle / tv do walk.

I am sure I even read once a whole rooms content down to and including bed/bath etc etc was taken by a guest over a 3night stay.
I call the front desk asap when we get to the room and anything obvious is missing - especially things like only one robe in the closet instead of two, or gaps in the desk-top mini bars - these are things that people do take, and I don't want to be dinged for them.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zoe Tse
After tens of email for a month, HHFraudProtection just say "violated T&C".

Before closed, my boy friend just transfer/pool me 10,000/20,000/30,000 points but all failed and complaint to fb hhonor. Both of our accounts closed suddenly after few days.I

We have no idea why both of our accounts closed. We did nothing wrong. We live together over 80% out of 40 stays in Hilton group in last 5 months. We purchased 160K points in the last 50% off promotion and finally 260K points before accounts closed.

Now, no one indicated what we did. We are working in inno-tech industry, "nothing is perfect, but only fight for excellent". We loved Hilton since they heard and received our voice and thus we focus on Hilton and give up Marriott and SPG.

We love to give comment to enhance the service quality for Hilton group QC. All our comments are photoed as evidence. We never expect points for compensation. Just only once when I slept nudely in GZ doubletree hotel, a boy opened the door and watching me. It is the 1 and only 1 we asked for compensation (40K points added) since up to now, I won't sleep nudely anymore in any Hotel.

And yesterday, we got reply from hhonor Shariar: "I show our loss prevention team did a thorough research on both accounts and found these accounts to be in violation of our terms thus closing these accounts. Additionally, in reviewing the extensive complaints logs since your account was opened in Apr 2017, regrettably we show our hotels are not quite meeting your expectations when travelling. I again would like to apologize for falling short of your expectations and regrettably we will stand by the decision of our loss prevention team to leave these accounts closed. We understand you have a choice when travelling and would to thank you for contacting Hilton hotels.

Respectfully,

EMPLOYEE NAME REDACTED BY MOD
Supervisor

Guest Assistance & Honors Email"

It is terrible that HHonor can close the door without reason. Clean out all points without notice/warning. If you don't welcome us, that's fine but please cash back.

Experts, can anyone suggest us ​​​what we can do to preserve consumer right?

Thanks.

***Clarification:
A. All complaint via Hilton app and follow up email with photos internally.
B. All photos posted to our Facebook or public media are compliment ONLY. All facebook photos are evidence that I lived inside for all stays. Never booking for others. No complaints in public media but only compliment for named staffs in TripAdvisor.
Hilton is the one "listen" to customer. We loved it and promote it since we matched from Marriott/SPG at April.
C. We never trade points or resell rooms or book for others. All stays all done by ourselves.
D. Hhfraudprotection had given reason with "violated T&C" but no detail. After searched by internet, all closed account with reason about how violated.
E. Complaint is help for improvement, some listed below:
1. Refrigerator not cleaned, all dirties like after a bomb inside. - ningbo HGI
2. A service boy opened the door and look inside when I fell asleep nudely. - GuangZhu doubletree
3. No one can help when I alone arrived WuHan Hilton optic valley with 3 big baggage. Asked support but no one care, same result after complain when I left.
4. The worst one - Guiyang HGI
USB socket is useless
Door of washroom can't be closed (keep half open)
Door of the Room can't be locked (feeling not safe after #2 )
Bad Decoration like a big white circle on the door
Wash tank is dirty
​​
​​​
more than half of complaint listed above(all with photos). Can't remember all. I made 40 nights in 5 months.
​​​​​
Complaint is not the reason for close, just not reopen. I don't care to kick me out of Hilton as it is escaping out for improvement. I just want to get back my prepayment.

Hilton sells points and clear them anytime when it is unhappy....Seems kidding
After 2 months, I got reply from HHFRAUDPROTECTION:
Hilton is writing to inform you of recent activity regarding your Hilton Honors account.

Your Hilton Honors account was closed due to an unauthorized points transfer.

Hilton Honors reserves the right to suspend or discontinue Hilton Honors membership, including any Elite Tier Status (including Silver Elite Member, Gold Elite Member, and Diamond Elite Member status), for any Member who appears to be using the Program in a manner inconsistent with the Terms and Conditions or intent of the Program or any portion of the Program, including, but not limited to, Reward redemption or Certificate use.

As said before, the so-call "violated T&C" is a fault, misunderstanding about my boyfriend points transfer as a "unauthorized" point transfer.

Hilton is "creating" reason to close VIP accounts. Totally unacceptable.

Please note.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 8:50 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
After 2 months,

Please note.
It is OVER, DONE - You will not win. Move on to a hotel chain that will meet all of your needs.
Why do you continue to post about this?
Have you posted and contributed to this forum in a constructive way on any other issues?
Old Oct 12, 2017, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

After 2 months, I got reply from HHFRAUDPROTECTION:
Hilton is writing to inform you of recent activity regarding your Hilton Honors account.

Hilton Honors reserves the right to suspend or discontinue Hilton Honors membership, including any Elite Tier Status (including Silver Elite Member, Gold Elite Member, and Diamond Elite Member status), for any Member who appears to be using the Program in a manner inconsistent with the Terms and Conditions or intent of the Program or any portion of the Program, including, but not limited to, Reward redemption or Certificate use.

As said before, the so-call "violated T&C" is a fault, misunderstanding about my boyfriend points transfer as a "unauthorized" point transfer.

Please note.
As I indicated clearly from the beginning, it is a wrong closing by mistake. Nothing violated HHonors T&C. Under this situation, this post just wanna to share and ask for help. Please, all HHonor typers, don't bias to HHonors. Let's discuss a way out to protect consumer benefit, not attack me.

Thanks.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tomphot
It is OVER, DONE - You will not win. Move on to a hotel chain that will meet all of your needs.
Why do you continue to post about this?
Have you posted and contributed to this forum in a constructive way on any other issues?
Thanks HHonors typer. Your reply will not stop real consumers discussion.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As I indicated clearly from the beginning, it is a wrong closing by mistake. Nothing violated HHonors T&C. Under this situation, this post just wanna to share and ask for help. Please, all HHonor typers, don't bias to HHonors. Let's discuss a way out to protect consumer benefit, not attack me.

Thanks.
Obviously Hilton does not agree with you.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Not having enough time to read all 5 pages, I limited myself to the first and last, thus only read posts 1-40 and 161-186.

Welcoming constructive suggestions in my own back yard, I do occasionally give suggestions on improving functionality when checking out of a hotel. This is easily done in the private conversation with front desk associate. Less frequently, I might hand over a small list to the same person, and only once around every 5 years, the problems are of a magnitude to request a talk with the MoD.

Publicly shaming an establishment on social media with pics and words, and doing it so regularly as to achieve the amount of compensation mentioned here, does sound more like a business idea. I join other posters who question why you keep coming back to a hotel family that never satisfies your demands?

From the posts I've read, the reasons for closing the account on the "pooling" of points isn't obvious. Sorry if it is in the 120 posts I did not read. There might, however, be more than one reason for breaking T&Cs. Maybe in the other tens of e-mails there are more information than displayed here?

Move on to another hotel room provider. Good luck in finding anyone fault-free.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 2:56 am

Thanks HHonors typer. Your reply will not stop real consumers discussion.
As already written you have really good chances if you sue Hilton for closing your account without paying compensation for points. You habe even good chances to get more money back than you have paid for points.

Now it is your decision, if you will sue Hilton or not. Nobody here will sue Hilton for you.

And just in case: If your posts are below-the-line marketing on behalf of Hilton, they are quite successfull.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:18 am

Thanks.
Nothing new has been offered here, there is no US "consumer protection" agency that will help this person; moreover, this person continues to post the same old rubbish, rather than moving on to Marriott, whom the OP asserts has not done this to them (yet).
The OP refuses to accept the end result. If Hilton declares it fraud, it's DONE.
I've asked this before, is OP a troll? This can't be genuine!
Old Oct 13, 2017, 1:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by thbe
As already written you have really good chances if you sue Hilton for closing your account without paying compensation for points. You habe even good chances to get more money back than you have paid for points.

Now it is your decision, if you will sue Hilton or not. Nobody here will sue Hilton for you.

And just in case: If your posts are below-the-line marketing on behalf of Hilton, they are quite successfull.
How you can say this based on the limited facts in this thread is beyond me. I would suggest that it is quite the contrary. OP will not succeed and is wasting her time in spending one more minute on this entire issue.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: 1MM UA

Is it possible that your boyfriend transferred your points to another account in his name?
Old Oct 13, 2017, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
How you can say this based on the limited facts in this thread is beyond me. I would suggest that it is quite the contrary. OP will not succeed and is wasting her time in spending one more minute on this entire issue.
I've already learned, that it doesn't make much sense to discuss cases like that on FT.

However, you and me agree that OP won't get anything if she won't sue Hilton. We disagree about her chances if she sues Hilton. But I'm quite sure, that she won't do that anyway.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
It is kinda amusing that OP thinks we have some kind of power over the situation, like we are judge and jury
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:09 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Let's discuss a way out to protect consumer benefit, not attack me.

Thanks.
Your expulsion from the program is a benefit for other consumers. End of story. Clearly Hilton (and I expect most of its members) do not want you as a member if your going to ruin things for others. Take note.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:48 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
I honestly think the OP is putting way too much emotion in this. This would also explain the combative attitude towards this board. In the end the OP is not right. Hilton can close the account, period.. tough luck..

The only thing you can do is appeal to reason. Send a simple letter.. maybe something like the below, remain factual.

Dear Hilton,

On the <insert transaction date> i have purchased <insert number> Honors points at a value of <insert price> for my Honors account. I have made another transaction on <insert transaction date> for <insert number> Honors points at a value of <insert price>.

On the <insert date> I was informed of the closure of my Honors account for supposed fraudulent transaction(s). I am not aware of any fraudulent activity in my account and have not received a detailed explanation from your side or a chance to discuss on the phone this perceived issue to clarify why a transaction was made to prevent closure.

I am aware of the option by Hilton to close the account as per the program terms and conditions, this is not a concern where points are awarded at no cost as loyalty benefit. In this case however I have purchased points at a direct cost and am not able to enjoy the intended use because if this account closure by Hilton. Unless the account is re-instated I would require the financial transactions to be cancelled and the funds to be returned to my credit card.
If there is no response or a negative response, take your losses and move on. There is no other action you can take.

Globalist
Brendan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.