Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Points Pooling - Account Closed. Beware !!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MaldivesFreak
Here is a link to Hilton T & C on pooling:

http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/p...money/faq.html

1. What is Points Pooling?
Points Pooling will allow Hilton Honors Members to combine their Points with family and friends to book a stay. With this perk, a Member (and up to 10 others) will now be able to combine their Points. For example, if a group of friends are taking a trip together and individually don’t have enough Points to cover their entire stay, they will now be able to combine their Points, free of charge, into one account to unlock new redemption opportunities.

2. Is there a fee to participate in the Points Pooling program?
No, there is no fee to participate in Points Pooling.

3. How many people can contribute to Points Pooling?
A total of 11 Hilton Honors Members can pool their Points together. One Member initiates the pooling and up to 10 other Members can contribute.

4. Do I need to create a new "pooled" account?
No. Members can use their existing account.

5. How many Points Pools can I be in?
There is no limit on the number of pools a member can be in at a given time.

6. Can you use Pooled Points for just room rates or can it be used for non-room rewards including shopping and experiences?
Yes, once Points are pooled, they can be used for any room or non-room reward product, including the experiences available on the Hilton Honors auction platform, Hilton Honors Shopping Mall and any other non-room reward products.

7. Can you combine Pooled Points with money?
Once Points are pooled they can be used for any room reward product, including a Points & Money Rewards™ reward reservation.

8. What is the minimum/maximum number of Points that can be pooled?
A Member can transfer a minimum of 1,000 Points and a maximum of 500,000 Points into a pool in a calendar year. A Member can receive up to 2 million Points in a calendar year.

9. Are there particular qualifications you must meet to be able to pool Points?
To use Points Pooling, you must be an active Member, be in the program for 30 days, and have a minimum Points balance of 1,000 Points.

10. When will Points Pooling be available?
Points Pooling is now available. Start pooling your Hilton Honors Points here.

11. When will the Points be shown in the other Member’s account and be ready for use?
The transferred or pooled Points will be available for use at the time of transfer, but please allow up to 24 hours for pooled Points to show up when you log in to your account.

12. Where and how do I Points Pool once I have a group of Members that want to combine Points?
All Points Pooling activities will be transacted online via HiltonHonors.com.

13. Where do I go to transfer my Points to the Points Pool initiator?
The Points contributor must access the transfer page through the Points Pool invitation email sent on behalf ot the Points Pool initiator.

14. What’s the difference between Points Pooling and Points Transfer?
Points Transfer is a 1:1 transaction, while Points Pooling allows for combining Hilton Honors Points with up to 10 other people (11 including yourself).

15. After I send Points to a friend for Pooling, what happens if he/she cancels the trip? How can I get my Points back?
If your friend has to cancel his/her trip, he/she can simply transfer the Points back to your account for free.
Print Wikipost

Hilton Points Pooling - Account Closed. Beware !!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
"Appeal" can be quite hard. I suppose that you can always try, but the reality is that many organizations just don't want to hear it. They've made a business decision to fire you and they have moved on and hope that you move on.
It's the point of discussion. If assumption can't made, nothing can discuss.

From the reply from HH, it is clearly that she was trying to re-open (may be closedby mistake) but kept it closed finally due to heavy complaints.

seems too many HH typer here.

Originally Posted by Lctkw
I don't see why it should, as long as both parties are real people (in fact I imagine if you both utilise the points together that makes it even more legitimate). (If any T&C does condemn the action, please highlight for our knowledge?)

If that's all OP did (as insinuated by some), I don't see why that would lead to account closure. Of course, we have no way of really ascertaining what did or did not happen. So... *shrug*

I'm curious though - so if anybody gets his/her account closed, all he/she can really do is:
1) Appeal
2a) If found that closure was in error, breathe sigh of relief and continue with life
2b) If found that closure was not in error, nothing more that can be done; all accumulated points are forfeited.

Is this right?
Be careful, it is nothing presented but only violated T&C. Once you pool points, you need to take the risk if and only if you are Chinese. As said, I can't see any posts related closed-by-pooling-points in English.

Anyway, ppl here is quite different with marriott insider. No one care consumer protection here. Just fighting for "hilton is absolutely right", "consumer can be hurt with no say", "hilton will never change but cut out VIP".

Quite amazing here.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Oct 6, 2017 at 7:35 pm Reason: merge consecutive posts
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:46 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
A blatent violation of the published rules has absolutely nothing to do with your nationality.

Originally Posted by Zoe Tse
Be careful, it is nothing presented but only violated T&C. Once you pool points, you need to take the risk if and only if you are Chinese. As said, I can't see any posts related closed-by-pooling-points in English.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond

Anyway, ppl here is quite different with marriott insider. No one care consumer protection here. Just fighting for "hilton is absolutely right", "consumer can be hurt with no say", "hilton will never change but cut out VIP".

Quite amazing here.
I agree, this thread is amazing and surreal.
You are quoting things that no one said here.
I don't believe that Customer can be hurt or that Hilton is always right.
I believe it is right in this case. But that's just my opinion based on previous comments.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 9:04 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Nothing factual you have supplied supports your conclusion that your nationality had anything to do with this.

Nobody here as "apologized" for HH. Rather, you have simply been supplied with information.

As to an "appeal" it sounds as though you did that and it resulted in a review of your situation which included consideration of the fact that your complaints suggest that you dislike the product.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hate it when people throw the race card when there is ZERO, ZILCH, NADA, BU, NO evidence of race having anything to do with it. Someone just making an excuse for them selves to justify their anger.
Brendan and iluv2fly like this.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Roger Lococco
Surprised to see this thread is still going on. Which may provide a lens into how Hilton felt...
Succient observation ^
Old Oct 1, 2017, 6:28 pm

Anyway, ppl here is quite different with marriott insider. . . .

Quite amazing here.
YES!!! Finally, there is understanding. Marriott is awaiting your valued custom.

@:-)
Old Oct 1, 2017, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's the point of discussion. If assumption can't made, nothing can discuss.

From the reply from HH, it is clearly that she was trying to re-open (may be closedby mistake) but kept it closed finally due to heavy complaints.

seems too many HH typer here.
What do you mean?

Exactly where in the HH email cited in your first post that you can interpret as such - " it is clearly that she was trying to re-open (may be closedby mistake) but kept it closed finally due to heavy complaints." ???

The supervisor would not and could not reinstate your account if it is shut down by Loss Prevention Dept. Loss Prevention Dept has done its thorough research and determined your actions have violated the program's T&Cs, hence ground to closure.

Can you not see the obvious, even English is not your native language (it is not mine either), that Hilton views both your accounts in violation of HH program T&Cs and such violations have caused LOSSES to them - as a result they decided to stop the losses and kick you out of the program.

Here in US, there is a mechanism called Small Claim Court. You can sue HHonor in hope to get back your money to purchase the points.

Google on how the Small Claim Court functions. (It is state by state, as a starter.)

This would probably the only avenue for you to proceed further.

Throwing a racist card is not going to get you anywhere. One of the many reasons why mainland China members of ANY loyalty programs of the western airlines and hotel chains are often subject to more scrutiny, is due to frauds are rampant over there. You have your own fellow countrymen to blame if you feel Chinese is being treated differently. FYI, to counter act such, in recent years IHG has implemented special restrictions on award nights redeemed by accounts based in mainland China as well as greatly modified the T&Cs on Point Breaker - all thanks to the frauds inside China. Based on what I read on Chinese sites, I can fully understand WHY accounts inside China would be subjected to more scrutiny.

After tens of email for a month, HHFraudProtection just say "violated T&C".

Before closed, my boy friend just transfer/pool me 10,000/20,000/30,000 points but all failed and complaint to fb hhonor. Both of our accounts closed suddenly after few days.I

We have no idea why both of our accounts closed. We did nothing wrong. We live together over 80% out of 40 stays in Hilton group in last 5 months. We purchased 160K points in the last 50% off promotion and finally 260K points before accounts closed.

Now, no one indicated what we did. We are working in inno-tech industry, "nothing is perfect, but only fight for excellent". We loved Hilton since they heard and received our voice and thus we focus on Hilton and give up Marriott and SPG.

We love to give comment to enhance the service quality for Hilton group QC. All our comments are photoed as evidence. We never expect points for compensation. Just only once when I slept nudely in GZ doubletree hotel, a boy opened the door and watching me. It is the 1 and only 1 we asked for compensation (40K points added) since up to now, I won't sleep nudely anymore in any Hotel.

And yesterday, we got reply from hhonor Shariar: "I show our loss prevention team did a thorough research on both accounts and found these accounts to be in violation of our terms thus closing these accounts. Additionally, in reviewing the extensive complaints logs since your account was opened in Apr 2017, regrettably we show our hotels are not quite meeting your expectations when travelling. I again would like to apologize for falling short of your expectations and regrettably we will stand by the decision of our loss prevention team to leave these accounts closed. We understand you have a choice when travelling and would to thank you for contacting Hilton hotels.

Respectfully,

EMPLOYEE NAME REDACTED BY MOD
Supervisor

Guest Assistance & Honors Email
"

It is terrible that HHonor can close the door without reason. Clean out all points without notice/warning. If you don't welcome us, that's fine but please cash back.

Experts, can anyone suggest us ​​​what we can do to preserve consumer right?

Thanks.

***Clarification:
A. All complaint via Hilton app and follow up email with photos internally.
B. All photos posted to our Facebook or public media are compliment ONLY. All facebook photos are evidence that I lived inside for all stays. Never booking for others. No complaints in public media but only compliment for named staffs in TripAdvisor.
Hilton is the one "listen" to customer. We loved it and promote it since we matched from Marriott/SPG at April.
C. We never trade points or resell rooms or book for others. All stays all done by ourselves.
D. Hhfraudprotection had given reason with "violated T&C" but no detail. After searched by internet, all closed account with reason about how violated.
E. Complaint is help for improvement, some listed below:
1. Refrigerator not cleaned, all dirties like after a bomb inside. - ningbo HGI
2. A service boy opened the door and look inside when I fell asleep nudely. - GuangZhu doubletree
3. No one can help when I alone arrived WuHan Hilton optic valley with 3 big baggage. Asked support but no one care, same result after complain when I left.
4. The worst one - Guiyang HGI
USB socket is useless
Door of washroom can't be closed (keep half open)
Door of the Room can't be locked (feeling not safe after #2 )
Bad Decoration like a big white circle on the door
Wash tank is dirty
​​
​​​
more than half of complaint listed above(all with photos). Can't remember all. I made 40 nights in 5 months.
​​​​​
Complaint is not the reason for close, just not reopen. I don't care to kick me out of Hilton as it is escaping out for improvement. I just want to get back my prepayment.

Hilton sells points and clear them anytime when it is unhappy....Seems kidding

Last edited by Happy; Oct 2, 2017 at 8:29 am
Old Oct 1, 2017, 10:04 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
We let this thread go on as the OP seemed to be asking some genuine questions

However we’re no further understanding what the OP wants from this board than we were at post one. So unless the OP can pose a question here that some of us could possibly answer, the thread will be close.

Squeakr

Co-moderator HH
Old Oct 2, 2017, 3:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Happy
What do you mean?

Exactly where in the HH email cited in your first post that you can interpret as such - " it is clearly that she was trying to re-open (may be closedby mistake) but kept it closed finally due to heavy complaints." ???

The supervisor would not and could not reinstate your account if it is shut down by Loss Prevention Dept. Loss Prevention Dept has done its thorough research and determined your actions have violated the program's T&Cs, hence ground to closure.

Can you not see the obvious, even English is not your native language (it is not mine either), that Hilton views both your accounts in violation of HH program T&Cs and such violations have caused LOSSES to them - as a result they decided to stop the losses and kick you out of the program.

Here in US, there is a mechanism called Small Claim Court. You can sue HHonor in hope to get back your money to purchase the points.

Google on how the Small Claim Court functions. (It is state by state, as a starter.)

This would probably the only avenue for you to proceed further.

Throwing a racist card is not going to get you anywhere. One of the many reasons why mainland China members of ANY loyalty programs of the western airlines and hotel chains, is frauds are rampant over there. You have your own fellow countrymen to blame if you feel Chinese is being treated differently. FYI, to counter act such, in recent years IHG has implemented special restrictions on award nights redeemed by accounts based in mainland China as well as greatly modified the T&Cs on Point Breaker - all thanks to the frauds inside China. Based on what I read on Chinese sites, I can fully understand WHY accounts inside China would be subjected to more scrutiny.
Sir, if you can read chinese, you may try to search "pool" "封号" and you can get warning about closed-by-pooling-point.

it is innocent if response but doing nothing research.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sir, if you can read chinese, you may try to search "pool" "封号" and you can get warning about closed-by-pooling-point.

it is innocent if response but doing nothing research.
It is YOUR PROBLEM, not mine. Why should I do any research to figure out YOUR PROBLEM?

As I suggest, Small Claim Court might be your only avenue to try to achieve your goal which if I have not misunderstood, is to get back the money spent to purchase points.

Unfortunately, the HHonors T&Cs are quite clear on if an account is closed because of violation of T&Cs, all points in the account would be forfeited (regardless how they are collected - that means actually EARNED, Courtesy, and Purchase, all inclusive.) Though the judge of a Small Claim Court may feel differently.

Now you are being provided a suggestion on WHERE to air your grievance and get "justice", you can stop posting worthless comments but get to work to recover your money instead. @:-)
Old Oct 2, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Happy, the trouble is that I get the idea that Zoe Tse lives somewhere in (Greater) China, so it's not worth it for her to travel to the USA to sue HH in Small Claims Court! Also, as a non-USA resident/ citizen, she's probably ineligible to do so.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brendan
Happy, the trouble is that I get the idea that Zoe Tse lives somewhere in (Greater) China, so it's not worth it for her to travel to the USA to sue HH in Small Claims Court! Also, as a non-USA resident/ citizen, she's probably ineligible to do so.
She already exhausted both consumer protection avenues in Mainland China and Hong Kong.
If she could not pursuit in US, then she should accept the unfortunate outcome and move on.

So far we have not read or at least I have not found, whether she has written to the top basses in HHonors program / Hilton organization on her grievances. Sometimes it might get them to throw you some bones. Worth a try if all possible avenues are exhausted.
If she decides to write, she would be better of to have someone more proficient in written English to help her so the letter would be factual and concise, cut out all the Inno-tech crap about their intention to make complain. The request of refund of money on the point purchase is made clear. No emotion, just very business-like.

The way she has been babbling here would not get her any where even writing to the Exec Offices.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
I suspect anyone who thought that they had been wronged would protest.

Although having had no TV in my room this week I decided not to complain just in case The desk was empty. Never had that before and it was a suite lol
I would submit a feedback not for points but just in case I (credit card) get hit by a charge for a replacement TV
Old Oct 3, 2017, 5:29 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by PayItForward
I would submit a feedback not for points but just in case I (credit card) get hit by a charge for a replacement TV
I stayed in an IHG UK hotel in August and the flatscreen TV, free standing (not wall/bracket mounted) were protected by some metal cord reminiscent of a laptop Kensington lock.

I am sure the odd rooms, expresso coffee machine / iron / kettle / tv do walk.

I am sure I even read once a whole rooms content down to and including bed/bath etc etc was taken by a guest over a 3night stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.