Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Points Pooling - Account Closed. Beware !!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MaldivesFreak
Here is a link to Hilton T & C on pooling:

http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/p...money/faq.html

1. What is Points Pooling?
Points Pooling will allow Hilton Honors Members to combine their Points with family and friends to book a stay. With this perk, a Member (and up to 10 others) will now be able to combine their Points. For example, if a group of friends are taking a trip together and individually don’t have enough Points to cover their entire stay, they will now be able to combine their Points, free of charge, into one account to unlock new redemption opportunities.

2. Is there a fee to participate in the Points Pooling program?
No, there is no fee to participate in Points Pooling.

3. How many people can contribute to Points Pooling?
A total of 11 Hilton Honors Members can pool their Points together. One Member initiates the pooling and up to 10 other Members can contribute.

4. Do I need to create a new "pooled" account?
No. Members can use their existing account.

5. How many Points Pools can I be in?
There is no limit on the number of pools a member can be in at a given time.

6. Can you use Pooled Points for just room rates or can it be used for non-room rewards including shopping and experiences?
Yes, once Points are pooled, they can be used for any room or non-room reward product, including the experiences available on the Hilton Honors auction platform, Hilton Honors Shopping Mall and any other non-room reward products.

7. Can you combine Pooled Points with money?
Once Points are pooled they can be used for any room reward product, including a Points & Money Rewards™ reward reservation.

8. What is the minimum/maximum number of Points that can be pooled?
A Member can transfer a minimum of 1,000 Points and a maximum of 500,000 Points into a pool in a calendar year. A Member can receive up to 2 million Points in a calendar year.

9. Are there particular qualifications you must meet to be able to pool Points?
To use Points Pooling, you must be an active Member, be in the program for 30 days, and have a minimum Points balance of 1,000 Points.

10. When will Points Pooling be available?
Points Pooling is now available. Start pooling your Hilton Honors Points here.

11. When will the Points be shown in the other Member’s account and be ready for use?
The transferred or pooled Points will be available for use at the time of transfer, but please allow up to 24 hours for pooled Points to show up when you log in to your account.

12. Where and how do I Points Pool once I have a group of Members that want to combine Points?
All Points Pooling activities will be transacted online via HiltonHonors.com.

13. Where do I go to transfer my Points to the Points Pool initiator?
The Points contributor must access the transfer page through the Points Pool invitation email sent on behalf ot the Points Pool initiator.

14. What’s the difference between Points Pooling and Points Transfer?
Points Transfer is a 1:1 transaction, while Points Pooling allows for combining Hilton Honors Points with up to 10 other people (11 including yourself).

15. After I send Points to a friend for Pooling, what happens if he/she cancels the trip? How can I get my Points back?
If your friend has to cancel his/her trip, he/she can simply transfer the Points back to your account for free.
Print Wikipost

Hilton Points Pooling - Account Closed. Beware !!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2017, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zoe Tse
Inno-tech is not a industry anymore. It is an attitude to all industries. I have no ability to make you understand "review", but you may understand when you being mature.
Wishful thinking to say the least. Apparently the world does not think the way you insist others to think, else others are not "mature". Pretty arrogant attitude, wont you think?
Old Sep 26, 2017, 7:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Happy

Nobody knows the WHOLE story other than the continuous babbling of the Inno-tech, and how they want Hilton to improve because they love Hilton so very much else they would not give feed back...

I think this is one of the reasons are why I keep diligently keeping up with the progress of this thread, its almost too much, like a comedy sketch gone awry
Old Sep 27, 2017, 5:03 am

Can all of us just make an assumption, Hilton closed an account by mistake. What can a consumer to do to protect their interest?

Thanks a lot.
Having read all of your posts several times I think it's easier to make the assumption that Hilton have made the right decision.

Between the two accounts something suspicious has went on and Hilton have spotted it.

It's difficult to understand why anyone who continually complains would purchase points. Even if someone who as you put it "Loves to provide feedback" after a run of poor stays and complaints wouldn't shell out and buy points on something that is continually of a poor standard.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 6:02 am

Programs: IHG Gold
It is nothing new. Just most of replies guessed sth left behind and redirected the aim.

Can all of us just make an assumption, Hilton closed an account by mistake. What can a consumer to do to protect their interest?

Thanks a lot.
By mistake? Wow, what an assumption that is.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
It is nothing new. Just most of replies guessed sth left behind and redirected the aim.

Thanks a lot.
If we assume that Hilton closed an account by mistake, just call Hilton and it will be rectified after a proper investigation.
However, based on previous post this assumption cannot be compared to the OP case as additional details clarified the situation and lead to believe the account was not closed by mistake.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:21 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Bang-on, MP001! ^
Old Sep 27, 2017, 9:00 pm

Is this OP a troll?

The lady doth protest too much, me thinks
Srisarin likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 10:18 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by Amicus
Is this OP a troll?

The lady doth protest too much, me thinks
I suspect anyone who thought that they had been wronged would protest.

Although having had no TV in my room this week I decided not to complain just in case The desk was empty. Never had that before and it was a suite lol
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant

Although having had no TV in my room this week I decided not to complain just in case The desk was empty. Never had that before and it was a suite lol
Oh, I was referring to the OP insistence that there MUST be a consumer help agency to assist her in getting back her account and points (not her serial complaints about dirties in the fridge,etc.)
Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by GentleGiant

Hopefully they won't send you a bill for the missing TV under the assumption you walked out with it! That, I would complain about.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:54 pm

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
This has nothing to do with the OP, but just wondering.

If Hilton lets you buy points.

And Hilton lets you pool points.

Why is it a violation of the T&C's to do both?
actually this is a valid question.

I'm planning to open a Hilton account for my wife to utilize the current 50% discount and then pooled them in my account to use on the next holiday.

Will this violate the T&C ?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Miesque

I think this is one of the reasons are why I keep diligently keeping up with the progress of this thread, its almost too much, like a comedy sketch gone awry
I have to agree with this.,it's almost Kafka esque...usually the OP never returns but this one can't stay away..and yet never says anything new ..and we keep reading
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
This thread is SO entertaining!
Old Sep 29, 2017, 4:53 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I don't see why it should, as long as both parties are real people (in fact I imagine if you both utilise the points together that makes it even more legitimate). (If any T&C does condemn the action, please highlight for our knowledge?)

If that's all OP did (as insinuated by some), I don't see why that would lead to account closure. Of course, we have no way of really ascertaining what did or did not happen. So... *shrug*

I'm curious though - so if anybody gets his/her account closed, all he/she can really do is:
1) Appeal
2a) If found that closure was in error, breathe sigh of relief and continue with life
2b) If found that closure was not in error, nothing more that can be done; all accumulated points are forfeited.

Is this right?

Originally Posted by sandyph
actually this is a valid question.

I'm planning to open a Hilton account for my wife to utilize the current 50% discount and then pooled them in my account to use on the next holiday.

Will this violate the T&C ?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:17 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
"Appeal" can be quite hard. I suppose that you can always try, but the reality is that many organizations just don't want to hear it. They've made a business decision to fire you and they have moved on and hope that you move on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.