Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Troubadour Hotel New Orleans, Tapestry Collection by Hilton {US-LA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Troubadour Hotel New Orleans, Tapestry Collection by Hilton {US-LA}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dmarge18
Wow, a disappointing downgrade over the past week or so. Glad I got in just in time. Would probably not stay again now with no seating/desk space in the room, an iffy breakfast benefit, and expensive, valet only parking.
Makes me more annoyed that I just missed out then! I queried it with a member of staff and they said management wanted to take things “in a different direction” which I guess is code for wanting to make more money.. the impression I got from the member of staff was not particularly painting the decision in a great light. In addition, you can have the continental option OR the cooked option. Not both, if you were feeling hungry!

As for the parking issue.. there were a couple of garages within a block or so that seemed to offer overnight parking for less than $20 or so. Took an Uber from the airport, which in itself was horribly expensive compared with other US cities!

I
Old Jan 10, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Schwann

Makes me more annoyed that I just missed out then! I queried it with a member of staff and they said management wanted to take things “in a different direction” which I guess is code for wanting to make more money.. the impression I got from the member of staff was not particularly painting the decision in a great light. In addition, you can have the continental option OR the cooked option. Not both, if you were feeling hungry!

As for the parking issue.. there were a couple of garages within a block or so that seemed to offer overnight parking for less than $20 or so. Took an Uber from the airport, which in itself was horribly expensive compared with other US cities!

I
I realized after checking in and walking around town that there were definitely parking lots closer that were a bit cheaper--and I wouldn't have to give someone else the keys.
Schwann likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: LH Sen, Hilton Diamond
Stayed here last week with 20% reduction for two nights, giving a very good rate for central NOLA. When we declined the expensive valet parking, the bellhop pointed out a garage two blocks down the street for a reasonable $16 per 24 hours,
Was given the choice of city view and agree the room layout is quirky. As we were out most of the time, the small table and stools did not bother us. However the walk-in shower was excellent, and unusually its door opened inwards, so that the bathroom floor did not get wet.
We took just the continental breakfast, a taciturn young man the first morning who seemed unhappy that we did not choose the $5 cooked option, a very pleasant.and helpful young lady the second. Unfortunate that there is no longer a breakfast buffet - even a Hampton Inn buffet!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.