Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Troubadour Hotel New Orleans, Tapestry Collection by Hilton {US-LA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Troubadour Hotel New Orleans, Tapestry Collection by Hilton {US-LA}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Arrow The Troubadour Hotel New Orleans, Tapestry Collection by Hilton {US-LA}

Looks like we're getting yet another Hilton property in New Orleans as of tomorrow! Didn't see an existing thread and I got curious as I was searching for hotels for a quick weekend trip next month.

This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Portfolio of Brands and is presently accepting reservations for arrival 15 November 2017 and beyond.
http://tapestrycollection3.hilton.co...ur-new-orleans

Anybody ever stay here or hear of this, previously boutique, property?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Looks like we're getting yet another Hilton property in New Orleans as of tomorrow! Didn't see an existing thread and I got curious as I was searching for hotels for a quick weekend trip next month.

http://tapestrycollection3.hilton.co...ur-new-orleans

Anybody ever stay here or hear of this, previously boutique, property?
Former office building converted to a boutique hotel: http://www.nola.com/business/index.s..._new_orle.html
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:42 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Any reviews??
Old Apr 3, 2018, 4:13 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Anyone yet?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
I was going to stay there. Had a reservation for a suite and regular room. Wrote to the GM using the address on Hilton.com. Explained the nature of my visit, taking family for a special trip asking if they could try to get us on the same floor. No answer for three days. I called and left a message. Two days later they called. By then I had found availability at the Roosevelt and cancelled with them. Disappointed in their lack of follow up, but it is what it is. Roosevelt staff including their Concierge made the trip beyond memorable.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 8:18 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
I stayed at this property earlier this week. The hotel opened 1 1/2 years ago and bought by Hilton 5 months ago. I booked a basic room, upon arrival, I asked if they had any upgrades available. I ended up with a very nice Jr Suite on the 15th floor. My sales guy had the basic room which he said was also very nice and good size. Very nice modern "Hip" decor. They have a roof top bar on the 17th floor, great views and at 5:30, a popular place. As a Diamond, free full breakfast. They have a very nice selection and a great omelet chef - nice having shrimp in morning! I liked the location, 2 blocks from the HGI I've stayed at in the past and the same price. This will be my new go to spot in NOLA.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
Thank you I booked this hotel for July

I was especially curious about breakfast. Your post answered the question. The existence of an omelet chef indicates a civilized experience.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Hyatt Globalist
just stayed here this past weekend for labor day. decent hotel. smaller room.

diamond via aspire, but no upgrade. 10 minute walk to the bourbon street madness. breakfast is solid at jayne's. chef will make you an omelette if you ask.

bar on rooftop was beautiful. got in late friday night and i could hear the music from the 12th floor til midnight (bar is on 17th floor)

staff is nice. clean place. lots of options in new orleans though, not sure if i would return here.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 2:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Full breakfast for Golds too. Will post some pictures etc in a few weeks.

Last edited by Schwann; Dec 17, 2018 at 5:46 am
Old Dec 17, 2018, 11:05 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Schwann
Full breakfast for Golds too. Will post some pictures etc in a few weeks.
Staying here this weekend. Looking forward to the breakfast. Was the rooftop bar still open this time of year?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: a little here, a little there
As of 12/3, the rooftop bar was open. A quick call to the hotel could confirm if it still is.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 11:50 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Just completed a three night stay here a couple weeks back. A few general thoughts in no particular order...

PROS

-We liked the location as everything was an easy 5-15 minutes walk each way, so its close to all of the hustle and bustle without the excessive noise/lights.
-Rooftop bar has beautiful views especially when the sun is setting. Although if its slow up there they close early.
-Breakfast is solid for golds/diamonds, you get a full hot buffet plus made to order coffee and omelet. They also have to-go boxes if you prefer not to sit in.
-Staff in general are friendly and nice.

CONS

-The room design while quirky had some flaws. I couldn’t put my head in the sink near the faucet without hitting one of the metal bars from the lighting fixture. The tiny table and chair is not ideal for working especially with the weird placement for outlets. There is also a very thick power cord connected to the table presumably for the outlet and it was very sticky and gross.
-The bed sucks. I am not sure if the mattress is plastic or it has a plastic cover but every time one of us moved I could feel the plastic crinkling.
-No room service. One night we were out late and wanted some snacks and couldn’t find anything appetizing outside of the French Quarter so we had to order pizza.

They charged my card $4 separately a day or two after check out citing on the receipt I found in the app that we took something from the minibar, which we absolutely did not. That was poor form - I did not bother to dispute as I have better things to do than fight over $4, but this left me with a bad impression.

All in all, I probably would stay at a different hotel on my next trip to NOLA. Hilton St. Charles or the Waldorf.

Last edited by golfingboy; Dec 25, 2018 at 11:56 am
Old Dec 25, 2018, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by golfingboy
Just completed a three night stay here a couple weeks back. A few general thoughts in no particular order...

PROS

-We liked the location as everything was an easy 5-15 minutes walk each way, so its close to all of the hustle and bustle without the excessive noise/lights.
-Rooftop bar has beautiful views especially when the sun is setting. Although if its slow up there they close early.
-Breakfast is solid for golds/diamonds, you get a full hot buffet plus made to order coffee and omelet. They also have to-go boxes if you prefer not to sit in.
-Staff in general are friendly and nice.

CONS

-The room design while quirky had some flaws. I couldn’t put my head in the sink near the faucet without hitting one of the metal bars from the lighting fixture. The tiny table and chair is not ideal for working especially with the weird placement for outlets. There is also a very thick power cord connected to the table presumably for the outlet and it was very sticky and gross.
-The bed sucks. I am not sure if the mattress is plastic or it has a plastic cover but every time one of us moved I could feel the plastic crinkling.
-No room service. One night we were out late and wanted some snacks and couldn’t find anything appetizing outside of the French Quarter so we had to order pizza.

They charged my card $4 separately a day or two after check out citing on the receipt I found in the app that we took something from the minibar, which we absolutely did not. That was poor form - I did not bother to dispute as I have better things to do than fight over $4, but this left me with a bad impression.

All in all, I probably would stay at a different hotel on my next trip to NOLA. Hilton St. Charles or the Waldorf.
Would completely agree with the PROS. Great breakfast, great location, nice staff, rooftop bar was exceptional. Restaurant was good and wouldn't say anything was really overpriced. For the CONS, our bathroom was great (and big!) but agree on the weird layout and with realistically zero desk space it'd be hard to stay here when on a work trip. I'm still undecided on the bed--it was a platform bed which I used to have at home, and they just feel different. It wasn't necessarily great, but I've definitely had significantly worse hotel beds. Also, I'm never a fan of valet parking, and that's basically what you're limited to ($39 plus tax to give your keys to someone...no thanks). I'd stay here again depending on the reason for the trip.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Just stayed here for several nights. Was given an upgrade to a city view room within the same room category I'd booked, although they didn't mention it at checkin.

With regards to breakfast, they no longer have a buffet for anyone although its still advertised on their website menu. Instead, Gold/Diamonds can order a "free" continental option which incudes a choice of toast, pastry, fresh fruit and yogurt.

Alternatively, you can upgrade for $5+tax and order something hot off the menu. Probably a downgrade in retrospect as I personally prefer buffet style, but the food was nice enough.

I would stay again though.

Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Schwann
Just stayed here for several nights. Was given an upgrade to a city view room within the same room category I'd booked, although they didn't mention it at checkin.

With regards to breakfast, they no longer have a buffet for anyone although its still advertised on their website menu. Instead, Gold/Diamonds can order a "free" continental option which incudes a choice of toast, pastry, fresh fruit and yogurt.

Alternatively, you can upgrade for $5+tax and order something hot off the menu. Probably a downgrade in retrospect as I personally prefer buffet style, but the food was nice enough.

I would stay again though.
Wow, a disappointing downgrade over the past week or so. Glad I got in just in time. Would probably not stay again now with no seating/desk space in the room, an iffy breakfast benefit, and expensive, valet only parking.
Schwann likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.