Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Reward Reservation Now Shows Full Rate + Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2017, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat

I have a 5 night reward stay starting tomorrow. Up until now it showed standard reward 280K points. It now shows standard reward but itemizes room, resort fee and taxes of $2,200 + $280k points. Does this have something to do with the cancellation deadline passing? I was preupgraded weeks ago but it was still showing 280K points after that.

i will print out and bring my original confirmation in case there is an issue at check in.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 9:42 am

I have the same issue at the Waldorf in Orlando. I was pre-upgraded from the base reward room but now am showing the full rate plus all the points.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Well I've been downgraded back to a standard room but still with both $ and points showing on the reservation:

Rate Details STANDARD ROOM REWARD
Standard Room Rewards allow Hilton Honors members to use points to book free standard rooms.
Room: 2 QUEEN BED ROOM WITH A BALCONY
Adults: 2
Children: 0

DATE
(USD)

Room Subtotal 1,845.00 + 280,000 points
Resort charge $28.00 USD per room per night
Room + Resort charge 1,985.00
Taxes 5.00 % per room per night
7.50 % per room per night
Total for stay 2,233.13 + 280,000 points
Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
This has been happening occasionally. I haven't had a problem during the actual stay.
One poster believes it has to do with adding a second guest.
See:
HELP - Points reservation charged for full rate
Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:57 am
Original Poster

I have not added any names or made any changes to this reservation.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 11:22 am

Looking at that other thread it seems like a real tech issue not just a display thing. May want to iron it out with the hotel before the stay so you don't have to spend part of your vacation arguing with the front desk clerk.

Maybe the temporary upgrade from the hotel is considered a change, even though not by you, and triggered the problem.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So now if the full point reservation is touched by anyone, or if a second guest name is added at booking, the reservation would revert to a P+C and showing a scary mess in the system...

This is over 6 months have passed since the revenue-based system is rolled out. So not only HHonor members are given yet another stealthy devaluation (no more chart, and point now has a fixed value within a narrow range), but we are also subj to the ever increasing IT glitches that never get fixed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.