Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards

[ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards

Old Oct 17, 2018, 11:05 am

Just had my first anniversary AF post on October 4. No first anniversary rewards certificate yet. I know it took some back & forth to get my 100k points after my three months were up, so I'm a little concerned I will have to do the same here. How long is it taking people to receive their certificates after the anniversary?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MASTERNC
Just had my first anniversary AF post on October 4. No first anniversary rewards certificate yet. I know it took some back & forth to get my 100k points after my three months were up, so I'm a little concerned I will have to do the same here. How long is it taking people to receive their certificates after the anniversary?
For which HH card? This thread covers multiple HH cards! (And multiple HH cards give anniversary certs.)
Old Oct 19, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Just a heads up, I have several offers on my Ascend for Hilton hotels. $50 back for $250 spend at ES, HS, or H2 (exp 11/15), $30 back for $200 spend at Hilton, Curio, and Canopy (exp 12/31), and $70 back for $350 spend at WA or Conrad (exp 1/31).
Old Oct 19, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
Just a heads up, I have several offers on my Ascend for Hilton hotels. $50 back for $250 spend at ES, HS, or H2 (exp 11/15), $30 back for $200 spend at Hilton, Curio, and Canopy (exp 12/31), and $70 back for $350 spend at WA or Conrad (exp 1/31).
New AMEX Sync Offers
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Thanks. Just posted over there.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 9:42 am

So I just tried to apply for the Hilton business card, which I've never had before. I got the pop-up saying I wouldn't be eligible for the bonus... but I can't tell why. I have the regular Hilton card, and I upgraded it to the surpass ( and then back to the regular) last year, but I haven't applied for any new cards from Amex in 2 years. Any ideas? Would it make a difference if I apply from an private browser window without logging into my account?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
For which HH card? This thread covers multiple HH cards! (And multiple HH cards give anniversary certs.)
The Ascend card (former Surpass).
Old Nov 12, 2018, 1:30 am

Hi all
I already have the Aspire card.
Can I also sign up for the Ascend card and get the bonus signup points?

Thanks!
Old Nov 12, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Hi all

Thanks!
Yes, they are different cards.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
Booked the Hilton Bali Resort a few days ago for a trip in the second half of January. Selected the Advanced Purchase rate for a Villa. Just received the $250 resort credit. This seems to indicated what others have seen. If the charge comes from the hotel -- even an advanced purchase room reservation -- the resort credit kicks in.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:30 pm

I applied for the Hilton Aspire card and they gave me a new Hilton Number ( My Fault ). Now its been 3 weeks and I am not able to merge my account as it seems when the new account created has no information attached to it. Amex says they provided the email and Hilton says no email was provided. Did anyone had similar issue. If Yes how did you get it resolved ?
Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Hi all

Thanks!
Assuming you never had the Surpass card before, then yes.

If you had the Surpass card before, then no, because Ascend is essentially Surpass renamed.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zombie123
I applied for the Hilton Aspire card and they gave me a new Hilton Number ( My Fault ). Now its been 3 weeks and I am not able to merge my account as it seems when the new account created has no information attached to it. Amex says they provided the email and Hilton says no email was provided. Did anyone had similar issue. If Yes how did you get it resolved ?
Do you actually have the new number? Your post didn't make that clear.

The new number should be on your card, but if it isn't, you need to get it from Amex (voice call or chat). Then call up Hilton and tell them what happened. You want to communicate with Hilton in an interactive environment, which is why is suggest calling rather than emailing.

I seem to recall having had such an issue well over a decade ago, and I was able to resolve it back then with a couple phone calls. (This was so long ago, I'm not sure if Amex had online chat yet back then.)

You have to get two things to happen: You have to get Amex to switch to using your existing number (presumably first), and you have to get HH to merge the new account into your existing account. I you do HH merge before you get Amex to use your new account, the problem could recur if you do it at the wrong time (relative to the next time Amex sends points to HH), so that's why I suggest you get it fixed on the Amex side first (but get the new number from Amex, if you don't have it on your card, before any other step).

Last edited by sdsearch; Nov 12, 2018 at 5:12 pm
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:16 pm

I gave them both old and new numbers. American Express can see both the numbers and the number is changed now on American Express Account.
When I called Hilton they said they cannot see any Email attached to the old account ( I confirmed with American Express and they mentioned they always provide all information for the new Hilton account as it cannot be opened without it) . I chatted with Hilton and they said they can merge the account no problem. Nothing happened in the first week. I chatted again and was told to email HiltonHonors. I emailed they said they cannot do anything try to chat ( lol ). After several email exchanges it seems they cannot do anything. I called again and then gain same ......... Then I chatted again with someone called Groot today lol. He was funny. After few jokes he started with ........ting again. He said no email is linked to my American Express account. I said thats impossible lol. Then he mentioned their system is borken due to some bug and they cannot update email and I should contact in 24Hrs. I think Hilton is completely incompetent in this regards Then Finally I called Amex they opened the ticket and said might take 4-6 Weeks. But Amex assured they can see both accounts and they will get it fixed. He asked me to call in a week on the number on the card and they will surely sort it out. Lets see.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by richiezc
Q for those of you who have an aspire card: when you go to your benefits screen (https://global.americanexpress.com/c...efits/view-all) do you have a card for the $250 airline credit similar to the one shown below (example from plat):

When I look at this on my screen it briefly shows this card for $250 and then disappears? Its really bizarre, so before I go ahead and use any of the incidental credit wanted ot check if this happens to anybody else?
The website has been icky for past couple of weeks for me too. Sometimes nothing shows up. Currently its saying information not available. You can always chat and find out

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.