Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2018, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
No, this is not correct, you will get your $10,000 spend night shortly after you complete the spend, same as the $15,000 spend night. I also had an early January anniversary date. I spent $15,000 in one transaction in late April and received both certificates on the same day in early May.
Interesting. Seems to conflict with the experience in the comment immediately before yours.

I haven't hit $10k yet so can't provide my own experience. My anniversary date is Nov or dec.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Bonvoy, Choice, IHG
I had the Amex (free one as a silver) and upgraded to Ascend in May of this year. I hit the 11K mark in spending last month on our road trip. Does the spending on the free card count toward the 10K?
Old Aug 15, 2018, 6:00 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by B3nder
The Citi $10k night should be received only after the anniversary date. The amex $15k should come after you cross the spend requirement. You Will get two nights for $15k on the Citi converted card.

Amex website still shows 100k for aspire here.

***I can't seem to find the 100k signup bonus anymore on Amex's site. It shows signups for other cards, but not Aspire. Now, on *HILTON* website from my account it shows the 100k signup bonus for the Aspire.

Either way, I'm going to wait. I looked at the fine print on the upgrade paperwork on Amex's site and it reads:

OFFER TERMS

"If you transfer to a different Hilton Honors American Express card from your Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card, only the eligible purchases you make on the new Card will count towards the new card's Weekend Night Reward purchase requirement. Any eligible purchases you made on your old card will not count toward the new card's Weekend Night Reward purchase requirement.

In addition to the Weekend Night Reward benefit on your Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card, we are tracking your eligible purchases made on both your Citi Card and your current Amex card for a one-time carryover benefit. You will be eligible to earn one additional Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors that is related to your Citi Hilton Honors Card, if you reach $10,000 in purchases on your Card before your annual renewal date that falls after January 28, 2018. However, if you transfer to a different Hilton Honors American Express card, you will no longer be eligible to receive the one-time Weekend Night Reward carryover benefit from your Citi Hilton Honors Card."

...soooo I'm gonna wait on Aspiring until there's a signup bonus and when I cross my threshold to $15k (which should happen this month anyway. I tried to time it for annual renewal fee / $15k spend intersecting, and I'm literally like $160 short!

I'll pay the ARF for the Ascend that will have the $15k spend on it any minute now, and then (hopefully) there will be a new signup offer in the next few weeks that I can jump onto. Maybe they'll let my $95 ARF credit towards the Aspire. #wishfulthinking

Last edited by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant; Aug 15, 2018 at 6:32 pm
Old Aug 15, 2018, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Has there ever been an upgrade offer for Ascend -> Aspire? Thinking if it's worth it to cancel my Ascend to get the 100k bonus on the Aspire. (I did a quick search of the thread but couldn't find anything.)

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
***I can't seem to find the 100k signup bonus anymore on Amex's site. It shows signups for other cards, but not Aspire. Now, on *HILTON* website from my account it shows the 100k signup bonus for the Aspire.
The Aspire 100k bonus is still showing up for me on the AMEX website.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select
Originally Posted by gengar
Has there ever been an upgrade offer for Ascend -> Aspire? Thinking if it's worth it to cancel my Ascend to get the 100k bonus on the Aspire. (I did a quick search of the thread but couldn't find anything.)

The Aspire 100k bonus is still showing up for me on the AMEX website.
I only see the Aspire 100k bonus on the AMEX website if I am not logged in. If I am logged in, it's an "upgrade" and do not see a bonus. There is a 75k bonus to Ascend though (but 100k when it's not an upgrade). Hmmm...
Old Aug 16, 2018, 6:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Platinum
There’s quite a few posts about how long it takes to get the Cert after hitting the original spend requirement ...

But has anyone hit the renewal and know how long it takes for the renewal cert to post? Fee was on my July statement and paid in August, but I haven’t gotten the email yet.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
No, this is not correct, you will get your $10,000 spend night shortly after you complete the spend, same as the $15,000 spend night. I also had an early January anniversary date. I spent $15,000 in one transaction in late April and received both certificates on the same day in early May.
Right as rain: Spending >$10,000 posted Wed or Th and e-mail notification of free night came this am (Mon).. Thanks to all!
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Right as rain: Spending >$10,000 posted Wed or Th and e-mail notification of free night came this am (Mon).. Thanks to all!
Spend levels seem to post fast and seamlessly with Amex. Hit 60K and got an email within a day and the cert 24 hrs later.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:28 am

Is there any way (either on the AMEX or HH site) to see individual points per transaction? All I've been able to find are the basic breakdowns (in a monthly statement, or on the HH site under activity) where it shows X base points, and Y bonus for <category>.

Is there such a place to see points for each transaction?

Originally Posted by sdsearch
That of course. But do they give Hilton bonus points for use at foreign restaurants? It's for bonuses at something beyond what the card is mainly about that Amex tends to (all too often) restrict it to USA only.

I received the 6x (3x base, 3x bonus) doing this recently. Also received the correct 12x (3x base, 9x bonus) for Hilton properties (which also included a couple bar tabs charged to the room in the final bill.)

Well, I say this, and if my math is right working through my last statement then this is how it worked out.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by thunderlounge
Is there any way (either on the AMEX or HH site) to see individual points per transaction? All I've been able to find are the basic breakdowns (in a monthly statement, or on the HH site under activity) where it shows X base points, and Y bonus for <category>.

Is there such a place to see points for each transaction?

I'll answer my own question here. Right now, no. However while digging through the AMEX site last night, it looks like they are testing a new interface for recent activity. The new version shows points per transaction in the right column towards the bottom when you expand a transaction to view.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 7:02 pm
Suspended

Is the no fee hilton amex card considered its own product for welcome bonus purposes? In other words, If you have the surpass/ascend can you get the no fee and still get welcome bonus?
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by EL3V3N
Is the no fee hilton amex card considered its own product for welcome bonus purposes? In other words, If you have the surpass/ascend can you get the no fee and still get welcome bonus?
Yes and yes.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 3:07 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA (Gold), Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold,
Originally Posted by bobby21
Is the business card a new product for lifetime bonus rules? I am not sure if I had any Hilton business cards before. Anyone got the bonus on a business card?
Thinking of applying for the business card with the higher sign up bonus available now. Already have the personal cards (including two no-fee cards due to the Citi changeover).

But...just retired two years ago after many years of self employment. Have had a number of business credit cards but none currently open. Only source of income now is investment money (not taking social security yet). Consider doing some free-lance consulting but can't list that as income. Only consulting done since retirement is for non-profits. Can a business card application be filled out with $0 income? Tax records will show almost 30 years of business income but not for over a year.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:43 am
soy

Programs: various
How long does the Aspires 100k bonus take to post - close of statement or after you hit the spend threshold?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:18 pm

Mine posted to HH as soon as the charge posted to my amex account. Was about 3 days from qualifying purchase to points posted in my HH account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.