Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Priority Pass question:

I have the American Express Aspire card. I'm travelling and do not have my account information papers with me. I would like to use my free Priority Pass airport lounge benefit. Do I need to register for this, or do I just go to a Priority Pass Lounge and show my Aspire Card and they let me in? Am I allowed a guest? Thanks for your advice.
Old May 22, 2018, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Priority Pass question:

I have the American Express Aspire card. I'm travelling and do not have my account information papers with me. I would like to use my free Priority Pass benefit Do I need to register for this, or do I just go to a Priority Pass Lounge and show my Aspire Card and they let me in? Am I allowed a guest? Thanks for your advice.
You have to have previously registered with Priority Pass. They issue you a membership number and card. It takes about a week. There is a virtual card, but you can only get it once you have your physical card.
Old May 22, 2018, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by Joroy70
Available to canadians?
No, nothing for Canadians.
Old May 26, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: AS GOLD
Applied late Friday night. Got instant approval. Upgraded to Diamond status over night as the upgrade email came early in the morning. ��

Now. I am just wanting for free weekend night email.
Old May 26, 2018, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Sky Fangs
Has anyone else had trouble with bringing a guest with the Ascend's ten free priority passes? I've called PP and was told that a guest would count as a second visit out of the allotment of ten. I tried using two of my visits this past weekend at the Alaska lounge at LAX, but was turned away because the lounge attendant refused to swipe my card twice. I'm not sure if this is an issue with her knowledge with PP, this lounge itself, or something else.
TERMS (Abbreviated)
Priority PassTM Select
These Terms and Conditions govern Hilton Honors American Express Business Card Member's participation in and use of the Priority PassTM Select program. Priority Pass is an independent airport lounge access program. By enrolling in Priority Pass Select, you agree that you will be responsible for payment for any visits by you or your guests after your 10 complimentary lounge visits are used. After your 10 complimentary lounge visits are used, you will be charged $27 per visit for any additional visits by you and your accompanying guests during the remainder of the calendar year. Your Hilton Honors American Express Business Card will be automatically charged $27 for each additional visit after those visits have been reported to Priority Pass by the participating lounge. Some lounges do not admit guests. Additionally, you acknowledge and agree that American Express will verify your Card Account number and provide updated Card Account information to Priority Pass. Priority Pass will use this information to fulfill on the Priority Pass Select program and may use this information for marketing related to the program. (clipped)

==============================
Can't believe they would turn away a guest if you had the pass available, but I guess that is how it is. Did they refund the one they took from your swipe since you didn't stay?
Old May 26, 2018, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I have Priority Pass from Amex Platinum (no fee for me). Can I use this one for 10 guest visits? (Is there a way to put both into my phone?)
Old May 27, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: USAirways CP
I'm assuming this have been brought up before but I've missed it. I just recently got the Aspire card and my old Hilton card was converted to the Ascend. Does anything else thing it is bizarre that the two cards are identical in appearance? Am I missing something obvious? I had to write on the back of them so that I could know which one was Ascend or Aspire.And before someone says "Are you sure your cards are different?", I certainly believe so since I got an email from Hilton stating that I am now a Diamond member.
Old May 27, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by richinaz
I'm assuming this have been brought up before but I've missed it. I just recently got the Aspire card and my old Hilton card was converted to the Ascend. Does anything else thing it is bizarre that the two cards are identical in appearance? Am I missing something obvious? I had to write on the back of them so that I could know which one was Ascend or Aspire.And before someone says "Are you sure your cards are different?", I certainly believe so since I got an email from Hilton stating that I am now a Diamond member.
So your old Surpass was "converted" to the Ascend and they sent you a new, blue card? We didn't do anything, and never got a new card - still the old grey one - but my account says "Ascend".

Was I supposed to get a new blue-colored card to replace the grey?
Old May 27, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: USAirways CP
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
So your old Surpass was "converted" to the Ascend and they sent you a new, blue card? We didn't do anything, and never got a new card - still the old grey one - but my account says "Ascend".

Was I supposed to get a new blue-colored card to replace the grey?
Sorry I guess I didn't explain it well.

1. I was converted from the old card to a new American Express Ascend card. (This was at least a month ago)
2. Last week I applied for the Aspire card and just received it this weekend.

The two cards are the same color and with no mention of Aspire or Ascend on them to ID which card is which. Seems like if you have a "premium" card you'd want it to stand out a bit more. I don't need a heavy weight card (e.g., Platinum) but at least make it a bit easier to ID which card is which.
Old May 27, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by richinaz
Sorry I guess I didn't explain it well.

1. I was converted from the old card to a new American Express Ascend card. (This was at least a month ago)
2. Last week I applied for the Aspire card and just received it this weekend.

The two cards are the same color and with no mention of Aspire or Ascend on them to ID which card is which. Seems like if you have a "premium" card you'd want it to stand out a bit more. I don't need a heavy weight card (e.g., Platinum) but at least make it a bit easier to ID which card is which.
Still not sure...was your "old" card the Surpass, or was your "old" card the No AF light blue card?

Actually, looking at the pictures of the new Ascend and Aspire on-line, the squiggly lines seem to be different on each? Or you could put them in clearly different parts of your wallet so you could keep track of which was which?
Old May 27, 2018, 11:58 am

They all have the same basic color scheme, however, if you look very carefully under the signature panel, in tiny font, it will say either aspire or ascend cardmember
Old May 29, 2018, 6:05 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
How long does it take to receive the Aspire card after approval? Thanks.
Old May 29, 2018, 7:09 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG, IHG, AA, SWA
Originally Posted by javabytes
Just fell from Diamond to Gold after injuries kept me off the road quite a bit in the last two years. I signed up for the Aspire card to get a jump start now that I'm back on the road again. The terms say it can take up to 12 weeks to reflect Diamond status; for those who have signed up for the card, how long does it actually take?
It took a day for me.
Old May 29, 2018, 7:11 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG, IHG, AA, SWA
Originally Posted by 54austin
How long does it take to receive the Aspire card after approval? Thanks.
I recently referred a friend, and he had his Aspire card on hand in less than one week.
Old May 30, 2018, 9:59 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
I hate the Ascend card. Hate it. Loyal to Hilton; I guess that's the only reason I'm keeping it. Pay $95/year for the card; don't really have a use for Priority Pass (get lounge access through 1K status); don't see myself putting $15k on the card to get a free night; and earned Diamond last two years on nights- so, have no use for the Gold status that comes with the card.

Called the customer service line as my annual fee is due. Agent wouldn't budge on waiving the fee. Only offered me 10,000 Honors points. She also offered to downgrade me to the fee-free Honors card, which I've already had since 2011.

Even if I cancelled the card, I wouldn't be eligible to get a sign-up bonus for it again. And, paying $450/year for the Aspire is not worth it to me.

Anyone offered decent retention offers from Amex to keep their Ascend cards open?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.