Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Gold Plus, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by javabytes
Just fell from Diamond to Gold after injuries kept me off the road quite a bit in the last two years. I signed up for the Aspire card to get a jump start now that I'm back on the road again. The terms say it can take up to 12 weeks to reflect Diamond status; for those who have signed up for the card, how long does it actually take?
Precisely 1 day for me. Approved on a Thursday, Diamond confirmation email arrived on Friday.
Old May 14, 2018, 10:28 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by taxatty56
Precisely 1 day for me. Approved on a Thursday, Diamond confirmation email arrived on Friday.
Same for me - applied and was approved and Diamond status showed either the same day or the next day. 100,000 points posted two days after qualifying purchase. However, statement points have not posted and statement closed 10 days ago.
Old May 14, 2018, 3:44 pm

Has anyone else had trouble with bringing a guest with the Ascend's ten free priority passes? I've called PP and was told that a guest would count as a second visit out of the allotment of ten. I tried using two of my visits this past weekend at the Alaska lounge at LAX, but was turned away because the lounge attendant refused to swipe my card twice. I'm not sure if this is an issue with her knowledge with PP, this lounge itself, or something else.
Old May 14, 2018, 10:26 pm

They don't swipe the card repeatedly, they swipe it once and record the number of guests for priority pass. They would not get paid if they swiped the card twice
Old May 18, 2018, 7:46 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
The Ascend has a new offer out. 100K point sing up bonus plus a free weekend night certificate on your first anniversary.
Old May 18, 2018, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
The Ascend has a new offer out. 100K point sing up bonus plus a free weekend night certificate on your first anniversary.
Wonder if we call Amex would they give us the free night on our anniversary and or if we threaten to cancel. That easily offsets the $90 annual fee.
Old May 19, 2018, 7:13 am

Just got my Aspire card statement and it noted the following change in the terms:

"You will receive Points only for eligible purchases intended for personal, family, and household use."

I assume this in intended to stop small business owners from charging business expenses to the card. But read literally, it could apply to hotel stays for work.
Old May 19, 2018, 8:26 am

These questions may have been answered, but going through 88 pages is a pain.

1. Has anyone gotten any value out of the $100 in property credit for booking a 2+ night stay through the Aspire portal? I'm only seeing rates that are more expensive than the lowest rate, effectively negating that value of any credit. What am I missing?

2. The weekend night certificate and $250 resort credit are per card-member year and not per calendar year, while the airline fee credit is per calendar year, correct?
Old May 19, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by kantscholar
These questions may have been answered, but going through 88 pages is a pain.

1. Has anyone gotten any value out of the $100 in property credit for booking a 2+ night stay through the Aspire portal? I'm only seeing rates that are more expensive than the lowest rate, effectively negating that value of any credit. What am I missing?

2. The weekend night certificate and $250 resort credit are per card-member year and not per calendar year, while the airline fee credit is per calendar year, correct?

I was told the $250 Resort credit was member year and airline is calendar year. I successfully maxed out both, so I’d also like to confirm when the benefits reset. I’m operating under the assumption that what I was told is correct.
Old May 19, 2018, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zachary
Just got my Aspire card statement and it noted the following change in the terms:

"You will receive Points only for eligible purchases intended for personal, family, and household use."

I assume this in intended to stop small business owners from charging business expenses to the card. But read literally, it could apply to hotel stays for work.
I think they just mean those types of purchases. They don't know and i doubt they care whether a hotel stay is for work or personal.

But they may mean they'll rule out charges to businesses that only serves other businesses (known at B-to-B), and stuff like that.

Btw, purchases not "intended for personal, family, and household use" would also include purchases you intend to re-sell rather than use yourself. But again, how will Amex know that you resold it, if its something you could have used yourself (but just didn't)?

There are plenty of bank statement like that which are purely meant to scare people, rather than signaling that the bank has just learned to read you mind.
Old May 21, 2018, 1:56 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
Thanks for sharing! It seems the bloggers are actively pushing this promo on the Ascend and Business card.
And the last day to apply to qualify for this promo is on 6/27.
Only the $95 AF Ascend card gets this 1 free night promo after 1st year anniversary. Subsequent years, na-da, unless you meet the $15k spend then you qualify for another free night cert.
The no AF and bis card do not have this promo. But are both offering significantly higher bonus points for the promo period.
75k for no AF card, 125k for bis card.

Question on the Aspire card, is the free night credited after you successfully applied and pay the fee upon sign up?
Or does it only appear after you pay your 1st year AF?
Old May 21, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by bluestrudels
Question on the Aspire card, is the free night credited after you successfully applied and pay the fee upon sign up?
Or does it only appear after you pay your 1st year AF?
The free night is credited shortly after the annual fee hits.
Old May 21, 2018, 2:06 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
The free night is credited shortly after the annual fee hits.
Noted. Thanks!
I did some digging.. these are the details..
So 1 weekend cert - 60 days after card membership.
Another weekend cert 60 days after the next AF hits.

How will free weekend night reward work for Aspire Card ( initial and after renewal year later)? Will it be a certificate emailed or will reward night appear in the account ,,,and how long would it take to receive it - right away after opening account/renewal, or days/weeks ?

You will receive a weekend night reward after 60 days of Aspire card membership sent as a code to the email address on your Hilton Honors account. You will receive your “anniversary” weekend night reward approximately 60 days after your card anniversary date, also sent via email to the address on your Hilton Honors account.

Is Hilton flexible with extending these free night certs expiration like Marriott and IHG?
Or they are strictly enforced for 1 year use only?
Old May 22, 2018, 8:29 am

Very strict, like Hyatt. I tried to use one two weeks after it was going to expire and was not able to.
Old May 22, 2018, 8:55 am

Available to canadians?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.