Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
I believe you earn the Citi Reserve night by spending $10k before your anniversary date which includes any previous spending and the Ascend night by spending $15k in 2018 which includes January spending on the Citi Reserve. My anniversary date was August and I already received both nights. That is one nice feature of the Ascend, you don't have to wait to pay the annual fee before receiving the free night.

I also have an Amex offer to earn 10k points for every $3k in spending up to 30k points, so you may want to check your Amex offers.
I'm sorry, I'm not following you. I have two cards. One I applied for via Citi years ago. You're saying for that card, which was transferred to Amex in Jan, I only have to hit $10k in spend before my anniversary date oin 2018?
On my Amex Hilton (applied directly with Amex) my anniversary date is Nov 2018. So here, I'd have to spend $15k before then.
Am I understanding correctly?
Old Apr 22, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I'm sorry, I'm not following you. I have two cards. One I applied for via Citi years ago. You're saying for that card, which was transferred to Amex in Jan, I only have to hit $10k in spend before my anniversary date oin 2018?
On my Amex Hilton (applied directly with Amex) my anniversary date is Nov 2018. So here, I'd have to spend $15k before then.
Am I understanding correctly?
You can earn two free weekend nights with a converted Citi Reserve > Amex Ascend card. One for spending $10k during your 2017/2018 anniversary year and one for spending $15k during calendar year 2018.
The same spending counts towards both nights and your qualifying Citi spending gets carried over to Amex.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Has anyone been able to actually enroll online for the Aspire Priority Pass benefit? It keeps giving me an error, will have to call later.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Does anyone think the bonus for the Ascend might go up with Chase offering a 100,000 bonus for their new Marriott card starting in May, albeit with greater spend?

Last edited by Cledaybuck; Apr 23, 2018 at 11:07 am
Old Apr 23, 2018, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by miadukes
Has anyone been able to actually enroll online for the Aspire Priority Pass benefit? It keeps giving me an error, will have to call later.
The Priority Pass and Airline Fee enrollment hasn't been working for me either for at least the past few weeks. I called Amex re: the PP enrollment as I have a trip coming up, the rep enrolled me over the phone and I received my card from PP about a week later in the mail.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
The Priority Pass and Airline Fee enrollment hasn't been working for me either for at least the past few weeks. I called Amex re: the PP enrollment as I have a trip coming up, the rep enrolled me over the phone and I received my card from PP about a week later in the mail.
Thanks. Will probably go that route eventually. I just thought it was weird because it works on the Platinu benefits page but not Aspire.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 2:42 pm

Is the business card a new product for lifetime bonus rules? I am not sure if I had any Hilton business cards before. Anyone got the bonus on a business card?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bobby21
Is the business card a new product for lifetime bonus rules? I am not sure if I had any Hilton business cards before. Anyone got the bonus on a business card?
You can't have had a Hilton business card before, because it didn't exist before this year.

So, yes, it's definitely a new product.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:44 pm

Had the Citi Reserve - cancelled with Citi just before the transfer to Ascend, but Amex sent me the ascend anyway, had to call amex to cancel the new Ascend back in Jan/Feb.

Am I able to apply for an Ascend and get the bonus? I never applied nor got a bonus for the Ascend - it was just sent to me in the transfer from Citi to Amex. Sorry if this has been asked recently - I went back a few pages.

Thank you!
Old Apr 24, 2018, 4:20 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by ScubaAddict
Had the Citi Reserve - cancelled with Citi just before the transfer to Ascend, but Amex sent me the ascend anyway, had to call amex to cancel the new Ascend back in Jan/Feb.

Am I able to apply for an Ascend and get the bonus? I never applied nor got a bonus for the Ascend - it was just sent to me in the transfer from Citi to Amex. Sorry if this has been asked recently - I went back a few pages.

Thank you!
I always thought Amex's criteria was that you couldn't earn the same bonus twice, which would make you eligible.

Obviously you will want to confirm this with Amex.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 4:45 am

Thanks, played it safe and applied for Aspire - no instant approval - lets see what happens, should I call recon?
Old Apr 24, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Data point re Diamond status:

Applied for Aspire and instantly approved on Apr 20.
Upgraded to Diamond Status on Apr 24.

Old Apr 24, 2018, 1:41 pm

Programs: WN A+/CP, HH Diamond, Delta Gold, UsAir Gold, IHG Plat
Applied on 23rd, upgraded on 24th
Old Apr 24, 2018, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Data point re Diamond status:

Applied for Aspire and instantly approved on Apr 20.
Upgraded to Diamond Status on Apr 24.

Originally Posted by dfmaus
Applied on 23rd, upgraded on 24th
Maybe they always apply upgrades on Tuesdays? @:-)

Because I upgraded from no-AF to Ascend last Wed the 18th, and I also finally got upgraded to Gold Status on the 24th.

So that's Tue Apr 24 upgrades in status for 3 applications from Wed 18th to Mon 23rd.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 5:56 am

I currently have ASCEND and when I log into my Amex online account, I can only get to an option to UPGRADE to ASPIRE. How do I apply as new card to receive the bonus?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.