Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by brp
We went to the Hilton Aruba in early March. We spent about $220 with the card. Nothing has shown up as yet (not surprising, though). Any experiences with how long this takes to credit?

Cheers.
For us, it posted within two days.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 7:08 pm

Programs: DYKWIA
$250 resort credit posted next day after transaction posted for hotel stay at Hilton Sandestin ...our incidental expenses were well under that amount. Also note that I made separate payments during our stay to receive the amex offer of $45 credit that I had on two other amex cards. Also, already re-imburesed the airline credit via 5 /$50 delta gift cards. The Aspire card is a no-brainer with current benefits.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 1:56 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by escape4
I called today to ask if there was any kind of bonus available to upgrade from Ascend to Aspire, or whether I should cancel the Ascend and apply for the Aspire card. I was told there was still no bonus available but they are working on it and expecting upgrade offers to be available in April. The upgrade bonus might be a bit less than 100k, for example 75k, and I was told the advantage for someone to upgrade rather than apply for a new card (and end up with a lower bonus) would be to avoid the credit check which is done when applying for a new card.
I called again today and still no upgrade offer, unlike what I was told a month ago. So I cancelled my Ascend card and I will apply for Aspire to get the 100k.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
I called again today and still no upgrade offer, unlike what I was told a month ago. So I cancelled my Ascend card and I will apply for Aspire to get the 100k.
Curious - other than paying a second AF, is there another reason to first cancel the Ascend card? I too am waiting for an upgrade offer to jump to Aspire, no longer have a need for my Ascend, can wait several months more before there is a need for the Aspire benefits. Perhaps a downgrade to no AF card, rather than outright cancellation will trigger a better upgrade offer?
UPDATE Called AMEX, ended up downgrading the Ascend to $0 AF card.
Agent reports targeted upgrade offers are typically sent out every 6 months, AMEX is still struggling to process former Citi Hilton cardmembers, which has delayed offers for current Hilton cardholders.
In regard to my question above: Agent reports prior upgrade offers for would include multiple options - such as Green to Gold or Platinum - with different fee structures, bonus offers.

Last edited by diver858; Apr 2, 2018 at 4:14 pm
Old Apr 2, 2018, 6:36 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Thanks all. The card belongs to mrs. brp, so she has to do the calling to find out why it has not shown up. The $250 airline credit already came in, in the form of 3 WN Gift Cards ($100, $100,$50). That was fast.

Cheers.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 8:05 pm

Does anyone know if advance purchase rates are eligible for the $250 resort credit? Or does it only apply to charges at checkout?
Old Apr 2, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by kenbo
Does anyone know if advance purchase rates are eligible for the $250 resort credit? Or does it only apply to charges at checkout?
Yes, they're eligible. It's based on the posted transaction.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by Majuki
Yes, they're eligible. It's based on the posted transaction.
Thanks. I haven't seen my credit post yet, and it's been almost a month. I did have an AMEX Offer post on the advance purchase though. I wonder if that messed up anything.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 9:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I just had another chat rep confrm that upgrades to aspire not only forgo the welcome bonus, but also do not get the weekend night certificate.

I get the missing welcome bonus, but that lack of a weekend night makes less sense. The combination of the two is a massive disincentive to just upgrade one's current card, which is too bad. Why they would so keenly favor churn over continuity in this case escapes me--more expense and hassle for them and for the customer.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:23 pm

Hi everyone, i just signed up for and got approved for the aspire today. I will cancel my ascend soon. Is there a dp on when my honors will show diamond? Thanks!
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by bmms8
Hi everyone, i just signed up for and got approved for the aspire today. I will cancel my ascend soon. Is there a dp on when my honors will show diamond? Thanks!
I'm pretty sure mine showed up within a day or two of approval.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 12:56 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by diver858
Curious - other than paying a second AF, is there another reason to first cancel the Ascend card? I too am waiting for an upgrade offer to jump to Aspire, no longer have a need for my Ascend, can wait several months more before there is a need for the Aspire benefits. Perhaps a downgrade to no AF card, rather than outright cancellation will trigger a better upgrade offer?
UPDATE Called AMEX, ended up downgrading the Ascend to $0 AF card.
Agent reports targeted upgrade offers are typically sent out every 6 months, AMEX is still struggling to process former Citi Hilton cardmembers, which has delayed offers for current Hilton cardholders.
In regard to my question above: Agent reports prior upgrade offers for would include multiple options - such as Green to Gold or Platinum - with different fee structures, bonus offers.
You are correct, I cannot think of a reason besides AF to cancel the Ascend card if you get the Aspire card. Conversely, I cannot think of a reason to keep the Ascend card because once you have the Aspire card, there are no circumstances where you would use the Ascend card instead of the Aspire card to pay for anything.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by bmms8
My Hilton app profile showed Diamond status the next day after approval.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
....I cannot think of a reason to keep the Ascend card because once you have the Aspire card, there are no circumstances where you would use the Ascend card instead of the Aspire card to pay for anything.
Ascend gets 6x points at Supermarkets and Gas Stations. Aspire does not.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 9:36 am

Thanks for letting me about the tier change guys!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.