Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:42 pm

Just wanted to update that I used the special link, after logging into my Aspire Amex account, located under the benefits tab for you to book stays with Conrad and WA to receive the $100 resort credit. I was able to book a 3 night points only stay at Grand Wailea with no issues. Looking at my reservation now I do not necessarily see anywhere on it that indicates I will be getting a $100 resort credit, but I 100% booked this through the link and had to enter my Aspire card number to do this. I might call tomorrow and see if they can confirm this benefit has been applied to my reservation. Also side note when I made the reservation at the end they gave me an opportunity to share that I was going on facebook for an extra $10 resort credit certificate, which I did, and immediately got the emailed certificate.

Edit to update with a question. We are wanting to do a 5 night stay but I only have enough points currently for 3 ,and was afraid of the points availability going away before we get the extra 95,000 we need to make it a full 5. When we get the extra points (which will be in a few weeks) will I be able to call and change my 3 night pts to a 5 night pts stay if all of the nights are still available for point booking?

Last edited by Jenn0625; Jan 26, 2018 at 7:50 pm
Old Jan 26, 2018, 8:27 pm

Well, this is interesting. My Citi Reserve anniversary is/was Jan 25. Annual fee was charged to Citi card, but says it is a membership fee and is $95 instead of $75, so AMEX fee and information. Citi card now shows that I can earn another free night with $10,000 spend, but I don't know if I can trust it since at least theoretically that account isn't really open anymore and the start of my year is after the January 18 conversion date (or is it?, maybe conversion date is the 30th?). Doubt anyone will be able to answer it, but I wonder if I spent $15,000 this year, if I would get the two free nights.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
I want to ask, with the Ascend card, once you meet your $15K in spending for the year, will the free night be delivered the same as Citi did, like 4-6 weeks after your anniversary date OR will it be delivered after you meet the spend no matter when that should fall?
Can't be 100% sure but I remember reading that it will be 8-12 weeks after.you meet spending.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 11:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Called AMEX to see about upgrading my Surpass/Ascend. They were happy to offer me an upgrade to Aspire (as is the website), but I was told that there would be no upgrade bonus point offers until after January 31. I'm not paying a $450 fee if I'm not getting the bonus points, so downgraded to the no AF Hilton AMEX. May consider upgrade to Aspire later. Still Diamond until March 31.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Kacee
Called AMEX to see about upgrading my Surpass/Ascend. They were happy to offer me an upgrade to Aspire (as is the website), but I was told that there would be no upgrade bonus point offers until after January 31. I'm not paying a $450 fee if I'm not getting the bonus points, so downgraded to the no AF Hilton AMEX. May consider upgrade to Aspire later. Still Diamond until March 31.
Why not just apply for a new Aspire card and get the 100K bonus? That's what I did (and have both the Citi and Amex versions of Surpass/Ascend) and there does not appear to have been any hard credit pull since I'm already in their system. I'll just cancel one of my Ascend cards after I'm certain I've received any certs I'm due.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 10:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by JRRinNC
Why not just apply for a new Aspire card and get the 100K bonus? That's what I did (and have both the Citi and Amex versions of Surpass/Ascend) and there does not appear to have been any hard credit pull since I'm already in their system. I'll just cancel one of my Ascend cards after I'm certain I've received any certs I'm due.
I'm not in any rush and canceling/re-applying will have a (relatively minor) negative impact on my credit because it (i) will reduce average age of my cards, and (ii) increase number of new cards.

I'm also just not that enthusiastic about Aspire mostly due to finding that Hilton is only a second or third option virtually everywhere I go. And the points value keeps going down. I'm now regularly seeing redemptions between .3 and .4 cpp, which is just pathetic.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JRRinNC
How do I find out if a new Hilton Honors account has been setup for the Aspire card I am receiving as a new card (rather than upgrade)? I few here have mentioned you see the new Aspire listed when you login into Hilton, but I don't see ANY cards listed there, yet I've had both Amex and Citi versions of Ascend and have been receiving credits for those. If a new account number was setup for you, how did you know that? Did you receive a separate email from Hilton? Just trying to figure out if I should be trying to "fix" anything before the card comes (received the 7-10 day shipping email yesterday.)
Per the other FT-er just call Amex. When I applied the Amex site required me to create another online account. A quick call to Amex deleted the new account and added it to my old one. I also had to have the Amex rep fix the associated HH# on it.

Originally Posted by AICML
I received an email yesterday that the Aspire card was shipped and would arrive in 7-10 business days. This was after receiving the original 3-5 business days on the 18th when I signed up. I need to make a purchase this week so I called and the rep said it most likely would arrive in 4-5 business days but that she could cancel the card and overnight a new one which would arrive by tomorrow evening. I just got home and the original card actually arrived today...
So does that mean the original card is no good and you still have to wait? Well, good news I supposed. I got the email on Thursday and just need it by Wed next week. Already have a stay at a Hilton resort and would love the credit in my first week.

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
According to the Amex rep I chatted with, the start towards the $15,000 is January 1.
Good to hear. So for those that had the Ascend via Surpass and also signed up for the Aspire, are folks hitting the 15K on the Ascend before cancelling it for the FN?
Old Jan 27, 2018, 6:43 pm

noob here, just applied Aspire card. what exactly will get you the 14x with hilton, does all booking at hilton.com qualifies? what if i prepaid at hilton.com, does that work too? thanks
Old Jan 27, 2018, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by ice_0408
noob here, just applied Aspire card. what exactly will get you the 14x with hilton, does all booking at hilton.com qualifies? what if i prepaid at hilton.com, does that work too? thanks
Yes
Old Jan 27, 2018, 7:52 pm

Aspire Airline Incidental Credit

So now that a number of people have received the Aspire card, are there any datapoints on how the Airline Incidetal credit works? As many already know, with the Amex Platinum card people have been able to get $50 (and sometimes even $100) gift card purchases to trigger the credit. For example, I just puchased 2 x $100 American Airlines Gift Cards earlier in January and withing 72 hours the charge posted to my Amex account and then Amex automatically issued a credit against each charge with in 1-2 business days.

So do we have any confirmation this works with the credit on the Aspire?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 2:54 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by Majuki
I called and was able to get the card linked to my online account. I also had noticed that a new Hilton Honors account number had in fact been generated for me. The representative was able to link my existing Hilton Honors account number to the card. The card hadn't been sent out yet, so it remains to be seen whether or not it will have the old or new account number.
The physical cards arrived on Saturday, but the automatically generated Honors account number was on the card. It looks like I will have to request a replacement with the correct Hilton Honors account number. In the meantime, there shouldn't be any issue with the minimum spend or rewards posting correctly because my existing Honors account number is reflecting in my online account.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mnredfox

Good to hear. So for those that had the Ascend via Surpass and also signed up for the Aspire, are folks hitting the 15K on the Ascend before cancelling it for the FN?
This is an interesting question to me. Since my AF was October I assume I would have until then to qualify for the free night, or at least two months earlier to allow the certificate to be mailed?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by elkhornne
This is an interesting question to me. Since my AF was October I assume I would have until then to qualify for the free night, or at least two months earlier to allow the certificate to be mailed?
mine renews end of July. I think the opportunity cost, when charging $15k to the Surpass instead of other cards, likely makes this a bad deal for me. Have to do some back of envelope math...
Old Jan 28, 2018, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by notquiteaff

mine renews end of July. I think the opportunity cost, when charging $15k to the Surpass instead of other cards, likely makes this a bad deal for me. Have to do some back of envelope math...
$15k spending for one night is a bad deal, unless you use it in Maldives...
Old Jan 28, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by nk15
$15k spending for one night is a bad deal, unless you use it in Maldives...
But at 6% spending it is a free night + 90k points which is why my plan is to keep it and the Aspire.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.