Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Any Surpass holders who haven't received their Ascend card? I haven't, just curious.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 7:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Abidjan
Any Surpass holders who haven't received their Ascend card? I haven't, just curious.
I haven't -- but my Amex account shows that I have Ascend.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Dovster
Same here.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
I have had both the Citi and free AX for many years, have not hear a thing so I called yesterday. AX offered to upgrade my free card if I spend $2k in 3 months plus give me 75k points, I could keep the same number and AF will be due in June. He also said I would automatically receive another Card replacing the Citi Reserve so just call and cancel it when it arrives.

My wife and I will lose our 15 year Diamond in March (around 100 short of Lifetime and now retired) so thinking I will take my mulligan year this year then decide in March of ‘19 if we want to upgrade to the Diamond Card. We still have around 1m points to burn and always use them in properties that have lounges so the Aspire might be cheap insurance.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Originally Posted by linsj
Same here.
Thanks, linsj. You too, Dovster. Good to know. My account shows Ascend, as well.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Dovster
So does mine and I closed my Surpass two years ago. I think they replaced all of them on the website.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Delta, Marriott
I can't read the previous pages of posts without going into overdrive, so perhaps my question is answered but I beg your indulgence. I have the new Hilton Honors card from AMEX but they offered me no sign-up points with it. I was brought in through the back door with all of the Citi Hilton customers. Sneaky. Otherwise they offer 50000 sign-up points to people who come in the front door. If I am new to the AMEX Hilton card, as I am, I want the 5000 sign-up points too, or I won't confirm the card.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Abidjan

Not yet on the Am Ex side. Received the Citi replacement.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Scott Kiwi
If I am new to the AMEX Hilton card, as I am, I want the 5000 sign-up points too, or I won't confirm the card.
Doesnt mean much to them. They aren’t giving signup bonuses to transfer customers. You would have had to cancel your Citicard when the switch was first announced, to avoid becoming an Amex cardholder via transfer. You can get a bonus for signing up for one of the other cards (presumably three to choose from if you have one) and cancel the one you have.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
I was excited to hear that Hilton and AMEX created new cards and on the evening of January 18th I applied. The next morning I called in to provide one more piece of information and was approved. So now I have a AMEX Aspire card and excited to see how those benefits will work. No right or wrong, each card for a specific demographic. I am unique and this cards fits my masterplan. Now I wait for this new puppy to arrive
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Got approved and looks like this card has no credit limit.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by jediwho
Got approved and looks like this card has no credit limit.
Being a FTer, I have to apply for this card. It seems mine only get 10K limit (2k cash advance). Not sure how they determine, but my cheapo AMEX hilton have 35K limit, and ACEND (coverted from citi), has 30K limit.
10K limit for a $450 fee card sounds like a joke.

Anyway, I tested the $100 on-property credit at Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts and Conrad Hotels & Resorts when booking the exclusive Aspire Card package. It's essential $100 more (~$50 per night including tax) than the lowest price on dates I selected. Then, suite seems even higher. So, this is NOT a "true" benefit. The rate probably work for those paying for rack rate (aspire card rate is same as rack rate), ONLY. Most advance purchase or promotional rate is better off.
Not saying they are in the wrong, just saying how limited this benefit means.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by Fly2Where
Being a FTer, I have to apply for this card. It seems mine only get 10K limit (2k cash advance). Not sure how they determine, but my cheapo AMEX hilton have 35K limit, and ACEND (coverted from citi), has 30K limit.
10K limit for a $450 fee card sounds like a joke.

Anyway, I tested the $100 on-property credit at Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts and Conrad Hotels & Resorts when booking the exclusive Aspire Card package. It's essential $100 more (~$50 per night including tax) than the lowest price on dates I selected. Then, suite seems even higher. So, this is NOT a "true" benefit. The rate probably work for those paying for rack rate (aspire card rate is same as rack rate), ONLY. Most advance purchase or promotional rate is better off.
Not saying they are in the wrong, just saying how limited this benefit means.
I noticed that also. Looked at rates with the required aspire link vs std rates and they are higher. So this really isn't a $100 benefit.

$35K limit on my Aspire

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Jan 26, 2018 at 5:29 pm Reason: merge consecutive posts
Old Jan 20, 2018, 4:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Has anyone already got the weekend night free certificate or code from the Aspire card?
Old Jan 20, 2018, 6:08 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I wish this opportunity was coming a year from now, and I've tried to make the numbers work 8 ways from Sunday, but it's just not "right" right now.

We are currently Diamond with Hilton and Gold with our airline of choice...which means D status with H means nothing, and we have ALL cancellations, changes covered without penalty, in addition to free luggage, so the airline credit is useless.

It's already been determined that the "deal" with W-A is not what it seems.

I would love the resort credit, but our only resort this year is with our kids/grandkids, and that might go by the wayside if someone gets sick, etc. So no guarantees there.

What I gain in the 14x Hilton stays (vs. 12 with the Ascend), I lose with the supermarket spend (3x with the Aspire, 6x with the Ascend). We stay home more than we travel. YMMV.

Restaurants are almost a wash, 7x vs. 6x.

I do feel bad about missing out on the 100,000 bonus points and the free night...but you have to make the other numbers work for them to be a benefit.

Just for me, and the reason I'm posting is that we "almost" got all caught up in the hype, too,...just not right at this time. And we have no plans for a 4,000 spend in the beginning of the year, so we might not have made the spend anyway.

Just do the MATH for YOUR particular situation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.