Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by manneca
I was wondering if the resort credit included room charges (not charges to rooms, but charges for the room). With the $100 credit, the T&C specifically excludes the charge for the room itself, but I didn't see it for the resort credit.
This has been answered in this thread. The resort credit includes the charges for the room.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I asked this question earlier so bumping it again.

With the Aspire does the free night post immediately or is it after the first year?

If it does post immediately like the resort fee and airline credit and I keep the ascend long enough to get the $10K spend in for the free night (I know that free night will hit my account as soon as the statement closes) and then upgrade to the Aspire will I be eligible for another free night in the same year.

Also wondering how the citi free night works. My citi anniversary is sometime in the summer (I think July, I applied for the card the first day it was available) and I have the $10K spend in and know if I keep the Ascend it will post one my Citi one year anniversary date. If I upgrade the Ascend to the Aspire before my Citi anniversary day will the free night still post from Citi?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I'm still not clear on the 10 free Priority Pass admissions with the Ascend that has morphed from the Surpass...I never used the PP card when I had to pay the $20 whatever for admission, so that's contributing to my really not understanding the system.

I know it is up to date (I checked a couple of weeks ago).

So this SAME physical card is what I use to get the 10 free admissions? Just go to the lounge and hand over the card? That's it?
Never mind, just got the e-mail which explained everything. But said I needed to enroll, and when I tried to, it said I was already enrolled.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
I called and was able to get the card linked to my online account. I also had noticed that a new Hilton Honors account number had in fact been generated for me. The representative was able to link my existing Hilton Honors account number to the card. The card hadn't been sent out yet, so it remains to be seen whether or not it will have the old or new account number.

Question for those who got the card linked to their Hilton accounts properly... did the weekend stay certificate for the new account approval post? I imagine that would take some time to post.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:11 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hi all,

How will free weekend night reward work for Aspire Card ( initial and after renewal year later)? Will it be a certificate emailed or will reward night appear in the account ,,,and how long would it take to receive it - right away after opening account/renewal, or days/weeks ?

You will receive a weekend night reward after 60 days of Aspire card membership sent as a code to the email address on your Hilton Honors account. You will receive your “anniversary” weekend night reward approximately 60 days after your card anniversary date, also sent via email to the address on your Hilton Honors account.

Thanks!
Lauren
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by ckiggins
I'm also wondering about the $250 resort credit. I read the T&C, it doesn't say anything about any excluded charges. Specifically I'm wondering if this $250 can be used towards the daily resort fee that the resorts charge - even when staying on a fully points-only stay. I would assume so.
There is no resort fee on points-only stays.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:01 am

So I have the Citi Hilton Reserve but wasn't planning on meeting the spending requirement for the free weekend night and my card anniversary is early feb. Based on Lauren's previous post that spends from 01/01-01/29 also count toward both Citi and Amex, I decided to go for it for the potential of two free nights. Hopefully, it works out. I also got the Surpass last year when it offered a free night at one year and approved for the Aspire as well. So if it all works out, I'll have 4 free weekend nights this year.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Lauren, if we have both the AmEx Surpass card that has now been converted to the Ascend card and the Citi card that will convert into Ascend card, does it mean that we can only upgrade to the Aspire card or can we apply for the Aspire card as a new one to get the signing bonus? We don't want to do something that will be considered against the rules if we are not entitled to the signing bonus points because we already have the cards. Thank you.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: AA LT Plat - 2MM;HH Diamond
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative

For the: "For those of us who already have the Surpass Card do we get 10 free Priority Pass™Lounge passes to ease the airport experience? If so, when can we start using this perk? Yes, those will begin on January 18, 2018."
How will that happen? I will be traveling on Jan 18th and it would be useful to use. Will the priority pass automatically recognize that I now have this benefit?
The 10 passes are they for just myself or can I use 4 of them for companions at 1 visit?

If you are an existing Hilton Honors Surpass Card Member you will be able to start using your 10 complimentary lounge visits starting on January 18, 2018. You will not need to take any action to receive this benefit, and will receive the 10 complimentary visits with your existing Priority Pass membership card. All new Card Members (including those transferred from Citi) must enroll in the Priority Pass Select benefit, you can enroll in the new benefit on January 18th by logging into your Americanexpress.com account or by calling American Express.
Has anyone with a converted card been able to get signed up with Priority Pass (and get their free visits)? I tried on the web site, but I can't add my new card because I get the message to come back on 1/30. I would be interested in getting this setup for a trip I have next week. I may try to call in this afternoon, but was wondering if anyone had already done so.

EDIT - I tried to call Amex using the number on the back of the card, and it appears to not be live yet. I guess we can't activate the Priority Pass Select membership until after 1/30.

Dan

Last edited by danorum; Jan 19, 2018 at 3:21 pm Reason: more info
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: AA (Gold)
Has anyone heard the final determination on what the card material is? Wondering if they went with metal?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by diver858
For those using the upgrade link (available to me): Does the upgrade include new application bonus? My page shows bonus offers for other cards - including the NAF Hilton card - but not the Ascend or Aspire. As I earn Diamond status with stays, I would prefer to receive the new application bonus, will wait for an upgrade offer from AMEX.
1. The upgrade bonus, when it exists, is not necessarily the same as the new application bonus.

2. No upgrade bonus appears to exist yet. Upgrade bonus with Amex HH cards historically come and go and come back and go and come back and go. So if you want an upgrade bonus, you have to wait to see if you get one. (Someone in another thread called Amex and was told no upgrade bonus offers now, but check back in February.)

Amex is presumably waiting to see how many people bother to upgrade without a bonus before they offer a bonus. If a lot of people are so eager to get the new card that they skip the bonus, Amex saves a bunch of money. Once the initial excitement dies off, they may be more likely to offer incentives to upgrade.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 3:29 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hi all,

The Aspire and Small Business cards are new and separate products from the previously offered Hilton Honors Amex cards (the no-fee and the Surpass cards). If you apply for the Aspire or Business card, you will be eligible for the Sign Up Bonus.

Hope you all have a nice weekend!

Thanks!
Lauren
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by OneHourPhoto
I know all these gets worked out in the short term but...

Just curious if you (or anyone) also received an AMEX e-mail alerting of approval?

I applied when the link when live. Unable to request upgrade, so I applied with just my e-mail and income and got instant approval as many other indicated and also unable to link at this time.

Only received the "Thank You for Applying" e-mail, and nothing else.
My experience was the same as yours. I should receive my Aspire card in 3 to 5 business days. I'm planning to keep the Surpass for another three months to get the anniversary free night.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:44 pm

I upgraded the no-fee Amex to Surpass on 10/30 for the 100K pt upgrade offer. I spent $3K last week to hit the min spend, and the 100K points have just posted to my account.

1. Do I have to spend $12K or $15K for the Ascend weekend night reward? IOW, does the $3K spent in 2018 on Surpass count towards the $15K Ascend spend?
2. If I meet the $15K Ascend spend for a free night, then upgrade to Aspire, would I receive a second free night for having the Aspire? Or would I have to apply for the Aspire to get the second free night?
Old Jan 20, 2018, 5:02 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by paradox
I upgraded the no-fee Amex to Surpass on 10/30 for the 100K pt upgrade offer. I spent $3K last week to hit the min spend, and the 100K points have just posted to my account.

1. Do I have to spend $12K or $15K for the Ascend weekend night reward? IOW, does the $3K spent in 2018 on Surpass count towards the $15K Ascend spend?
2. If I meet the $15K Ascend spend for a free night, then upgrade to Aspire, would I receive a second free night for having the Aspire? Or would I have to apply for the Aspire to get the second free night?
1) I would assume so.
2) Yes, but at the moment applying for Aspire also gets you 100K points.

At the moment I am considering applying for the Aspire so I can get the free night +100K points and then utilizing the Ascend my Citi Reserve card became to get the $15k free night. I would juggle spending on the cards (Ascend for groceries, Aspire for restaurants, travel and Hilton spending) to maximize earnings during the year. I'm planning a trip in November that would include a WA resort so I will have three free nights including one earned since my Reserve anniversary plus spending credits which will offset the Aspire fee. My calculation is I am getting $1,100+ in value from the Aspire card this year ($500 for the point bonus, $350 for the free night, $250 for the resort credit) plus diamond status and the other sundry benefits as well as the incremental additional points I can earn.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.